My chase for Yogi...

baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
First off, if you’ve pulled this guy, congrats!

I have achieved VIP status chasing this guy and have even made it to All Star 11! I’ve also spent nearly 30,000 in gold buying the weekend boxes and the boxes from yesterday. This has got to be one of the most expensive chases in Taps history for one player right? 

I honestly feel if I were given a box with a 99% chance to land him, I still wouldn’t get him, lol. However I’m almost certain I will pull him in the final minutes of the last event he is a bonus. I guess time will tell. The chase continues...
Prev13

Comments

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    30k gold is less than the odds...... a 500 box with 1% chance, you ‘should’ get him with 50k gold....  but it’s not certain and could easily take twice that amount
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    benny100 said:
    30k gold is less than the odds...... a 500 box with 1% chance, you ‘should’ get him with 50k gold....  but it’s not certain and could easily take twice that amount
    100K. 50% chance of Hank in that 1%
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts

You mean this guy? I had been chasing him hard as well. Was chewing out Glu's CS yesterday for woh and then boom!!! Pulled for a free gift. Pretty sure he was just hush money basically lol. 
    Need more Living Legends!
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    benny100 said:
    100% correct as always @Bigpredfan lol
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    benny100 said:
    benny100 said:
    100% correct as sometimes @Bigpredfan lol
    *Fixed*
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    i spent over 50K on him with no luck but then pulled him the next day in cvc.   Good luck
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

I have achieved VIP status chasing this guy and have even made it to All Star 11! I’ve also spent nearly 30,000 in gold buying the weekend boxes and the boxes from yesterday. This has got to be one of the most expensive chases in Taps history for one player right? 

I honestly feel if I were given a box with a 99% chance to land him, I still wouldn’t get him, lol. However I’m almost certain I will pull him in the final minutes of the last event he is a bonus. I guess time will tell. The chase continues...
    I've spent 71k for Ted(also picked on Jackie on the way to Ted), 92k for Lou, 43.5k for Hank, and 75k for Yogi. I've also spent a considerable amount chasing a repull, but so far, no dice. Fwiw, no ATGs via gifts/cvc so far. GL to you man. It will happen!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

• UncleB238UncleB238 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    I got him on my 4th 250 gold cubs box this past weekend.
  • GildrakGildrak Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    If it makes you feel better, I got him on both of my accounts in the free boxes we got on Saturday. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Well if you are feeling lucky and dont mind dropping cash, the 40 Yogi box/$99 deal is live
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    DFBB said:

I've spent 71k for Ted(also picked on Jackie on the way to Ted), 92k for Lou, 43.5k for Hank, and 75k for Yogi. I've also spent a considerable amount chasing a repull, but so far, no dice. Fwiw, no ATGs via gifts/cvc so far. GL to you man. It will happen!
    Wow, that’s hardcore... I’m such a pup
    It's all done with mirrors
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Lou and yogi have been the only ones worth chasing for me so far and I’ll probably pass on Hornsby. Spent over 60k chasing Lou and never pulled him. 40 yogi boxes and around 70k gold to finally pull yogi. 
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    @DFBB I believe I spent a similar amount although in a much different way.
    I spent around 35K to land Ted. I then spent around 280-300K (I lost track at some point) chasing Gehrig and never pulled him!
    But apparently to make up for that, I pulled Aaron from the last Sunday cvc and Yogi from the first Tuesday clash, both last week.

Still can't believe I never pulled Lou...
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    40 yogi boxes at 2 percent chance per box. Anyone know what the odds of pulling him out of 40 boxes comes out to? 40 ish percent? 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Marcuh said:
    40 yogi boxes at 2 percent chance per box. Anyone know what the odds of pulling him out of 40 boxes comes out to? 40 ish percent? 
    Still 2%.  Each pull has the same odds as the previous pull. Picture putting 20 red balls in a jar with 980 blue balls. You could in theory land all 20 red balls in a row, but unlikely. You can also land 980 blue balls in a row. Also unlikely. But entirely possible. Odds don’t stack in such a vast pool. 
    Marcuh said:
    Still 2%.  Each pull has the same odds as the previous pull. 
    So 80 percent. Didn’t think the math would be that simple. Should of kept to my motto. Keep It Simple Stupid 
    Marcuh said:
    Marcuh said:
    Still 2%.  Each pull has the same odds as the previous pull. 
    So 80 percent. Didn’t think the math would be that simple. Should of kept to my motto. Keep It Simple Stupid 
    I think that’s the complete opposite of what I said...
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Well if you are feeling lucky and dont mind dropping cash, the 40 Yogi box/$99 deal is live
    Just bought it and...I pulled three!!!

Alex Bregman that is. Are you kidding me??

Ive spent $160 today and 10,000 gold. I think Glu is just trolling me now. I’ve opened up 101 total boxes just today. This is nuts!!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Marcuh said:
    Expected odds are 55%.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    Marcuh said:
    Expected odds are 55%.
    How the hell did you come up with that figure?
    That’s called probability of statistical odds. Very different than actual odds
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Marcuh said:

Across 40 boxes at 2% to get Yogi.  Thus 98% to NOT get Yogi

0.98^40 = 0.45 or 45% to NOT get Yogi. 

Or 55% to get Yogi
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Just bought it and...I pulled three!!!

Alex Bregman that is. Are you kidding me??

Ive spent $160 today and 10,000 gold. I think Glu is just trolling me now. I’ve opened up 101 total boxes just today. This is nuts!!
    Can we get a sympathy button? 
    Odds, probability, and likelihood are 3 terms that are often interchangeable in our vocabulary. Yet they are 3 entirely different things altogether. Only 1 of them has true mathematical merit. That term is “odds”. The other 2 aren’t actual. This is why people lose they’re homes, and some get filthy rich. Both also come from the gambling industry. 
    DFBB said:
    Marcuh said:
    Expected odds are 55%.
    There we go. Knew it couldn’t be 80 percent. Without doing the math I guessed 48 percent. Thanks @DFBB
    Palm to fücking face!  
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    $100 for 40 2% chances is ridiculous 
    $100 for 40 2% chances is ridiculous 
    You have a 55% probability of pulling him apparently. Likelihood is far less. Odds can be devastating in this deal. 
    Can someone show me the math on how you get 55 percent?