I beat the game!

rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
Well...not really, but I have finally reached a stopping point. 

I decided to move to diamond in mid October after I had a Gold team full of capped 450/490 legends with skills at 12/12. Building a team is my favorite aspect of the game. So once I got my roster full of legends at gold, I wanted the challenge of building a diamond team. 

I knew I needed a top notch bat for WOH to help with the transition, so once I got 520 Eddie Mathews, I made the move to Platinum. I stayed there for two weeks and built up my bxp to level up my Keepers.

It took me 11 weeks, from when I first left the gold tier, to get my team to where it is now. My goal was to do the following at the Diamond tier...

1. Win Season mode
2. Be able to cycle HOF level of WOH
3. Cycle D6 
4. All D10 primes/legends (batters only)
5. Ability to post solid scores in CVC and EB

How I got my resources...
1. Solo diamond club for CVC rewards
2. 3 months worth of VIP gifts (Oct - Dec)
3. Bought Field Pass 4 times
4. Averaged 2 D6 cycles a week

Building my team at diamond made the game fun for me again. Now that I have achieved all my goals, I have reached a stopping point. It feels good to be off the hamster wheel that is TSB19.

Good luck to everyone building their Diamond teams!

Here is my “final” roster...

Comments

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    2 d6 cycles a week.....I just did two today and was kind of a slowish day...
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    2 d6 cycles a week.....I just did two today and was kind of a slowish day...
    I'd hope it was a very slow day, only 2 a day?
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    instead of that reply...how bout...nice job man good looking team...
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    nice, hope you do retire for good, it is hard to leave that game even if we always get screwed. 

BTW, how much time to d6 cycle 1 time with FP ?

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Good to see a post from you @rmouse511    Hope all is well
  • rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    The purpose of my post was to explain how I built my Diamond team. It was nice to enjoy the game again during the past 11 weeks. Like most people, I have a love/hate relationship with the game. Reaching a stopping point is also a great feeling.

I really tried to finish my team without having to spend a ton of time/money. Some people don’t have the ability to invest a lot in their team, so I was trying to show an example of how to do it.

I always enjoy reading other posts about building a diamond team. I have learned a lot from others on this forum.

Best of luck to everyone the rest of the way!
    instead of that reply...how bout...nice job man good looking team...
    I like being an arsehat sometimes
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Sometimes 👀🧐🤔
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited January 2020
    nice, hope you do retire for good, it is hard to leave that game even if we always get screwed. 

BTW, how much time to d6 cycle 1 time with FP ?

Back before the patch months  ago that slowed the game down to the point it was unplayable for many it was 4.5-5 hours per cycle, after the patch I was getting a cycle every 5-6 hours
    Sometimes 👀🧐🤔
    Sometimes I like it, other times I f’in relish in it . Someone needs to be the villain
    That's with optimal circumstances, no hiccups stopping gameplay, which happened often. That was on android also... Heard it's much faster for ios
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    On iOS and with fieldpass, I can play about 300 games per hour, so roughly 3.5 hours per cycle.
    edited January 2020
    Little tip for you diamond penny Pinchers - the game runs insanely faster when an event is not going on. About 2 hours after event ends and everyone's going to bed you'll notice it speed wayyyy up
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Little tip for you diamond penny Pinchers - the game runs insanely faster when an event is not going on. About 2 hours after event ends and everyone's going to bed you'll notice it speed wayyyy up
    Yeah it does. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I really like the idea of a "stopping point" @rmouse511. I've been thinking about taking a massive step down and playing a lot less, while not worrying about woh or new players at all. Just kind of play from time to time (get some d6 cycles in) then burn all of my gold on end game players for keepers. Are you stepping away from the game completely (including 2020)?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I really like the idea of a "stopping point" @rmouse511. I've been thinking about taking a massive step down and playing a lot less, while not worrying about woh or new players at all. Just kind of play from time to time (get some d6 cycles in) then burn all of my gold on end game players for keepers. Are you stepping away from the game completely (including 2020)?
    Your not allowed to quit, you complete me
    @retirepujols
    My current plan is to try to get 1 cycle a week to build up my gold amount. I will continue to collect CVC rewards. I will spend gold on boxes if a player I really want is released to have as a keeper for next year. Not sure if I will play next year, but I will at least have solid options for keepers.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    Sometimes 👀🧐🤔
    Sometimes I like it, other times I f’in relish in it . Someone needs to be the villain
    You need a sign off in those situations, like a Rick Flair “Whooooop”

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    Great job, nice team! 
  • Killer0fMenKiller0fMen Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    LOL, thanks 4 the laugh with that subject header, "I beat the game"......  I needed a good laugh.
    I am the Blade...
        The Blade is ME.
    Glad you liked the subject title...I thought it would get people’s attention. 
    LOL, thanks 4 the laugh with that subject header, "I beat the game"......  I needed a good laugh.
    What’s so funny about it? He had his goal and he accomplished it. I don’t get what’s so funny.
  • Killer0fMenKiller0fMen Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Before you read anything he wrote, just having read the subject line, it made me laugh, because inind it was if he & I were not playing the same game, and 1 of us was in the wrong forumn, and for a second, I thought.... it might be me.    But hey, go negative, why don't u.
    I am the Blade...
        The Blade is ME.
    Hey man if it’s funny to you then it’s funny to you. Glad your laughing 👍
  • BonebreakerzBonebreakerz Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    great great job man I just hit diamond and been working at vip status hopefully I can hit that point super great job 
    Chris Hebert