Royale Wednesday or Royale Weekend?

cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
I’m curious what the general population thinks here.  Without Royale on Wednesday, the week drags on. But on the other hand, I do like that there is something better than 3 days of Prime on weekend. Let’s see what y’all think...

Royale Wednesday or Royale Weekend? 71 votes

Wednesday’s Royale Please
12%
ToughthundercatsMetsicansItsouttahere2likenightBigburgTyroneEastwoodkeanuthonjerrye23EProspectPhils 9 votes
Weekend Royale is where it’s at
30%
Mulderkenaaronchennnavyjack77total13COWPILEYJTPASTORBlackFang4sullipa8Tdub71More2Most2FirstjrichmanesqFrankTheTank04ChuckNaztyRoxYardGoatsRschar21BigBibbins333ShoveItUpYoenis2Horse42prcubsbadgersnumb3r5 22 votes
Don’t care.
11%
MattattackihuffglusugarshortsretirepujolsmythicaldragonjalapenocubbiesMarcuhnotamod 8 votes
Why not both
45%
Mickey01023OLDTIMER007bryzzo1744Dantemaverickssnowy24LonzoBallinThunderstormermatt_sackettslafrance2spoomanAccelmannwaredstar77BizertobuddydaveJCAM80BOZZCOmancov2001eman0023cb11Agulierspeed 32 votes

Comments

• BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    I'd prefer the weekend simply because I usually don't have much free time during the week.
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Why not both
    Obviously both would be better, but holy crap, if you’re not diamond, Tuesday to Thursday just have nothing to offer the rest. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I didn’t read all the options...why not both is a good choice. But if it’s one or the other than weekend as I have very little time on Wednesday nights
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Even impossible mode is better than 3 days of prime games
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Don’t care.
    Don’t care because I typically don’t play in either event rewards not worth the time and effort at this stage of the game. Put a 560 player as possible reward in box and I’ll play. Reward possibility should contain at least one top current overall player and that goes for hof as well.  
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Why not both
    I voted for both, but wanted to add a caveat.

GLU has done a pretty poor job lately aligning difficulty with the reward.  We seem to get insane difficulty with piss poor rewards all too often.

so I’d suggest both.  Make one pretty damn hard, but a good reward that makes the time it takes to complete worth it.

and another that is medium difficulty, with a so so reward.

im fortunate to be able to complete HOF still.  But I remember quite well how pointless it felt to have an event like that start that I didn’t have a hope in hell of beating and thinking “well, guess there is no reason to logon for the next three days.”
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Why not both
    Reason for why not both is because I like Wednesday to break up the week for sure. I’m not the biggest of having it only in the weekend because then I feel obligated to play way more than I should. With the impossible mode it will just keep me pissed for more days of the week 🤣😂
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Don’t care.
    Meh. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Why not both
    Please @Glu you maddeningly incompetent fools...
    1. rewards must match time & treasure
    2. Clean player boxes... U know like 2017/18
    3. Add resets button (cash, gold, franchise coins haha). Personally would rather spend xResources to start a fresh tower, especially weekend Royale. 
    4. Why not everyday? It is a game after all, so why limit any event. 

It’s a freeing feeling to pee into the middle of an ocean from the deck of a sailboat. Trust me I know, once delivered boats ☀️🍀😂✌🏼
    Think @Gluso&so will send me some stickers or something similarly awesome 
    Oh yeah, can anyone explain minors vs. majors purpose beyond to baffle 
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Why not both
    Hard pass on a reset button. I don't want a diamond player spending free gold in my bracket slow playing Level 1 over and over with a bonus player for 100M points a pop. 
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    Why not both
    fatDaddy said:
    Hard pass on a reset button. I don't want a diamond player spending free gold in my bracket slow playing Level 1 over and over with a bonus player for 100M points a pop. 
    ^^^ the real reason they dont let you restart towers. People only ever think it's because of resources and forget that it's a competition. You have clubs of people competing to win, not playing for resources for their personal gain. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Why not both

After thinking about it, GLU will just screw it up like they did last time we had both.

Recall just a week or so ago, when we had both, they literally recycled the same prizes/rewards on Wednesday that you could have won during the weekend. They were even too damn lazy to change the titles on the boxes too. So, for four days that week, we had an event that was really difficult, with shitty, repeated rewards that only the diamond players would want. Or the diamond players had the ability to cycle through and make something of the event.

Each day that passes as the year goes on just solidifies the fact that they are catering what is left of the game to big spenders only.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Why not both
    fatDaddy said:

I never thought of that when I was advocating for this. Just further reiterates the fact that they are just focusing on big spenders from here on out. They've made WoH during Royale pretty irrelevant for everyone else.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Why not both
    Please @Glu you maddeningly incompetent fools...
    1. rewards must match time & treasure
    2. Clean player boxes... U know like 2017/18
    3. Add resets button (cash, gold, franchise coins haha). Personally would rather spend xResources to start a fresh tower, especially weekend Royale. 
    4. Why not everyday? It is a game after all, so why limit any event. 

It’s a freeing feeling to pee into the middle of an ocean from the deck of a sailboat. Trust me I know, once delivered boats ☀️🍀😂✌🏼
    Think @Gluso&so will send me some stickers or something similarly awesome 
    Oh yeah, can anyone explain minors vs. majors purpose beyond to baffle 

They won't make it daily because it is a solid avenue to win a lot of resources if the game is set to the proper levels. I realized again on Monday that GLU wants you pay for everything. It isn't enough you pay out the ass to build your team. Nope. They want you to pay to play the games in the app too, then they want you to pay for resources too, no matter how strong your team is.

No more planning on winning X number of resources once you pay to build your team to a certain point, because they rig the signature events to prevent it from happening. That was one of the primary things I was banking on when going Gold and needing resources. That was a hard lesson learned.

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Don’t care.
    If you're just looking for points in Royale, yas don't play woh 😳 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Don’t care.
    Either way I'm playing BGs/Tourneys on Wednesday/the Weekend.  So unless WOH is worth my time it makes no difference in the current state
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I like Wednesdays it breaks up the week and gives me a chance to win bonus players for Thursday's CvC and bonus games. Weekends I'm all for just prime games and CvC get some bonus players from CvC and rack up the points. If you do Royale on weekends I pay way more attention to this game then what I need to do in real life.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I have to admit that Glu *sometimes* knows what it is doing.  I thought a Weekend Royale would be ideal, but once we had it, I really didn't enjoy it that much.  I didn't want to spend my whole weekend tapping, and with the added difficulty of WOH, my favorite event was not that much fun anymore.  So I guess I prefer the way they did it originally.  Although, my motivation is different from many of you--I could enjoy my weekends when it was just a Sprint event, because I normally just focused on CVC.  When I was in a competitive club for Weekend Royale, I felt like I had to play more, and with my busy weekends that was not a good option.     
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Don’t care.
    fatDaddy said:
    Do you really think diamond teams are repeatedly playing WOH during a royale where they can play BG and Tourneys for much more points much faster? 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    fatDaddy said:
    Do you really think diamond teams are repeatedly playing WOH during a royale where they can play BG and Tourneys for much more points much faster? 

I'm sure some would, depending on what bonus guys they have.   
    Don’t care.
    Metsicans said:
    fatDaddy said:

NAH, i guarantee you diamond guys are playing tournies and bonus games.  The points add up quicker and it gets us quicker to that 7500 gold.  
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    fatDaddy said:

NAH, i guarantee you diamond guys are playing tournies and bonus games.  The points add up quicker and it gets us quicker to that 7500 gold.  
    That's where the multipliers have been bigger in prime and bonus games. There is absolutely no incentive to play WoH in Royale on the weekends three days of spending of countless gold to try to cycle for mediocre points and players. It's better to get bonus players from CvC and play prime games.
    Don’t care.
    here is absolutely no incentive to play WoH in Royale on the weekends three days of spending of countless gold to try to cycle for mediocre points and players. It's better to get bonus players from CvC and play prime games.
    There has been very little incentive to play WOH in Royale all year.  Royale has been tailored to diamond players in 2019.  The woh reward has rarely been worth it outside of two weekends.
    Why not both
    This latest addition to this thread further confirms what I've been thinking, and I'm not even going to start the effort of trying to go diamond. What a sham.

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Why not both
    @drsmartassphd start by going Plat. thats where the fun is ;-) haha