Leadoff Hitter Skill in WOH

Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
Does anyone know the answers to these questions. (I appreciate responses, but if someone is giving their opinion or speculation, but doesn’t know for sure, please let me know that). 

1. Is the Leadoff Hitter skill active in WOH? When?

2. When is the Leadoff Hitter skill active during WOH? 

3. Is the Leadoff Hitter skill always active in WOH?

4. In WOH, when there are already runners on to start the inning, is the Leadoff Hitter skill active?

5. Does the Leadoff Hitter skill deactivate during WOH? When?

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    edited January 2020
    I can’t believe you expect a game that generates millions in revenue to have a manual that answers all of these questions. These people don't have time to create something that you can find for just every game made in history, going back to the flipping Atari.

That’s what you are here for. Spend your time and money getting the players, capping them, and find out on your own! If you start a round in WoH and it shows a matchup advantage, which is the entire goal of building a strong team, and you still watch pitch after pitch go in the stands, but it is called a strike, that is likely your clue it doesn't work. But, you must do this at least 40 times and pay 80 gold each time before you will know for sure. Report your findings and get back to us.

Don’t bother asking CS or the developers. They will give you several different answers, which is also done on purpose. Just adds to the intrigue of finding out for sure!!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    I can’t believe you expect a game that generates millions in revenue to have a manual that answers all of these questions.

That’s what you are here for. Spend your time and money getting the players, capping them, and find out on your own! If it doesn’t work, you can feel good knowing you paid GLU.

Don’t bother asking CS or the developers. They will give you several different answers.
    You're on fire this morning huh, doc? What happened fhats got you so upset? Had to of gotten glu'd hard... 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    lol. Coffee is kicking before my morning run.

Was I wrong?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    Horse42 said:
    Does anyone know the answers to these questions. (I appreciate responses, but if someone is giving their opinion or speculation, but doesn’t know for sure, please let me know that). 

4. In WOH, when there are already runners on to start the inning, is the Leadoff Hitter skill active?

Everyone will be giving opinions.  Glu is the only one that knows for sure.  Glu will not tell you the answers to your question, its more of a don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain kind of thing.  Since the skill came out, I have always had someone with it in the leadoff position.  Here is my experience.
    1.  The skill shows as active when you start a round of WOH.  I believe it turns off after that batter.
    2.  From me using it, I would say it turns off after the first hitter.
    3.  It does not perform that way in my testing.
    4.  It shows as being on, and my experience is that it is on for that batter.
    5.  I believe so, after your first hitter.
    They absolutely dominate in other modes.  It is literally always on.
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Personally I leveled 520 Morgan at skills 16/16 thinking he would be my closer a few months ago.

he did perform well for a couple of weeks, then he started to suck bad, which makes me believe leadoff skills doesn’t work well in woh. 

In other modes he’s awesome though.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    edited January 2020
    lol. Coffee is kicking before my morning run.

Was I wrong?
    Wrong? No, but a wee bit brash maybe lol.
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    Got this from fb and I believe this to be true because I had the same experience with morgan and molitor. Hope this helps.
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Horse42 said:

I dont have anyone with this skill that i use for WOH.   From what I gather from a pretty reliable source on these is boards is that it will always show as active, whether you have him in the leadoff position or not.  However based on pitch sequence and feel it doesnt appear the skill is active.   

To go into depth a little more that, if you manual bat alot, like in cvc for example, you can tell when a guy is double boosted by the power behind some of the hits.   Its the same way in woh, and it seems to similar to the blowout skill once you get within 3 runs.

If i had to guess based on what I have seen, it is maybe active for the first batter but then deactivates.
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    I have Lindor with that skill and have used him in WOH. It always shows as active at the start of the round regardless of baserunners. It definitely seems like his bat goes limp after the first plate appearance though. Small sample size, but that's my experience.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    ihuffglu said:
    Got this from fb and I believe this to be true because I had the same experience with morgan and molitor. Hope this helps.

Very helpful, thanks.  I knew Leadoff wasn't working the way we hoped for WOH, but the hot hitter explanation makes perfect sense and helps explain why Posada will often lose even mid-round autoplays at Gold level. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    I’m not sold on Leadoff but Molitor’s numbers are +30 better than my 520 Cabrera if both skills are “active” and -30 if only one skill. Cabrera was 0/4 Monday with lots of curves but Molitor was 1/3 with less curves in every case. Small samples so could just be RNG.

Totally agree on @Metsicans Posada comment. Either great or a total dog. Wish I had passed on him.