Thoughts on this weekend’s Royale

TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
edited January 2020 in General TSB Discussion
Today’a difficulty has me wrapping the tin foil tightly around my head, and 100% convinced that Monday’s temporary little difficulty bump was nothing more than GLU seeing how many people could still get through.

Difficulty is set to regulate the flow of resources in to the game.  

They obviously liked what they saw on Monday.
Prev13

Comments

• nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    Is there by chance a vip event going on?
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Negative, sir. Just a typical Royale 😬
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

That is EXACTLY what they are doing. They know the vast majority of their customers can't clear that and will be stuck in Level 6 all weekend. The goal is to make you pay for the gold to try and clear it, knowing everyone, especially gold and below, won't be able to do it....or if they do it, will only be able to clear once. No way to go back to Level 5 and get a box of resources.

Then likely pull a useless Prime Player as the reward.

Like I said, they are trolling anyone that isn't a big spender or Diamond Player at this point.

I've never seen a company that takes pride in discouraging their customers from playing their game AFTER they've paid a lot of money to build their teams.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I coasted to 6.9 then Glu shoved a BBC up my ass. Video boost lost to Babe by 3 runs then 80g boost I got 3 straight outs. I'll try again later when I get home from work...

This was using Pee Wee G10 20/20 skills btw. Maybe I'll try Harrah G10 20/20 later. 
    Negative, sir. Just a typical Royale 😬
    I wanna have sympathy because I know how it feels to love the game and want to play it even though you're getting glu'd... But I'm sitting here chilling after work, reading the constant complaining and I can't help but smile. Everyone wanted weekend Royales so bad. Woh all weekend, woop woop!! What'd you think it'd be like, I mean let's be real here. Lmfao. And from what I hear the game is a drag for the rest of the week, glu managed to outdo themselves with trashing the game this time around. 
    edited January 2020
    Also i said this In a post awhile ago .. each time you beat woh it gets harder for that player. Up his skills once every few times you close with him, or constantly have new fresh closers. Speculate all you want, or try it out sometime. Yw guys.

Edit - they do this to make you spend money/resources to constantly keep updating your roster. Yes it sucks but they don't care about you, they want your money.
    As a fellow gold guy I can tell you that you may clear this once, maybe twice. You are also wasting your gold, as you can see by the restart BS.

Down 9 and 10 with the cheat levels at 60....The odds of you getting enough straight pitches before you get three cheat outs is VERY small. That’s why I am not even trying.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Its no different then any other royale honestly outside of two in november 
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts

That is EXACTLY what they are doing. They know the vast majority of their customers can't clear that and will be stuck in Level 6 all weekend. The goal is to make you pay for the gold to try and clear it, knowing everyone, especially gold and below, won't be able to do it....or if they do it, will only be able to clear once. No way to go back to Level 5 and get a box of resources.

Then likely pull a useless Prime Player as the reward.

Like I said, they are trolling anyone that isn't a big spender or Diamond Player at this point.

I've never seen a company that takes pride in discouraging their customers from playing their game AFTER they've paid a lot of money to build their teams.

The key is AFTER lol. They already have your money so they don't care
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    As a fellow gold guy I can tell you that you may clear this once, maybe twice. You are also wasting your gold, as you can see by the restart BS.

Down 9 and 10 with the cheat levels at 60....The odds of you getting enough straight pitches before you get three cheat outs is VERY small. That’s why I am not even trying.
    Where do you see or how exactly do you know what the cheat level is. 
    After you are curved out, the pitchers rating pops up. If it’s 60 or more, your margin for error is nil. The odds of getting enough straight pitches over cheat outs to get to 10 will take many tries and gold if you aren’t a maxed out diamond player.

• Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    After you are curved out, the pitchers rating pops up. If it’s 60 or more, your margin for error is nil. The odds of getting enough straight pitches over cheat outs to get to 10 will take many tries and gold if you aren’t a maxed out diamond player.
    Wow, I never noticed that, thanks. 
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    The addition of Carew was very beneficial. D10 capped with skills at 20/20, perfect 5 for 5 so far & Gary Carter is crushing 6.9
    Yeah you diamond guys are who this is for from here on out. Enjoy!

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    So Buehler is one and done as a bonus guy. Sure sucks to pull the spotlight pitcher. 
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Yeah you diamond guys are who this is for from here on out. Enjoy!
    I feel for ya man I really do. But In most if not all games I have ever played, the goal is to level up and get further in the game and then once you get to the max level it’s easy and you dominate. I understand that’s not how this game started out being and that’s why a lot of people stayed at lower tiers (silver/gold). But it makes sense that someone who is diamond should have an edge over a silver/gold tier player. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @Marcuh I agree, but silver/gold guys should be able to have a competing chance. As I always say I should not win all the time, but at this level of difficulty it’s craziness. I still can’t get past 6.7 🤣😂
    edited January 2020
    @Marcuh I agree, but silver/gold guys should be able to have a competing chance. As I always say I should not win all the time, but at this level of difficulty it’s craziness. I still can’t get past 6.7 🤣😂
    You can still compete. Not near the level of a diamond team thats capped everything, only way you can be even wirh him is if *SURPRISE* you yourself put the work in to get a capped diamond. Glad somene pointed it out, ty @Marcuh back when  I was playing WoW years ago you wouldn't see  even the best lvl 19/29/39/49 twink on the server complaining cause he can't win in a duel vs a lvl 60 guy. Shits getting old already. It's obvious why you're not breezing thru, everyones been saying how easy woh at diamond is. Suffer in silence at this point. 
    Ok well I tried fixing your name like 3 times marcuh, it just wants to link to that for some reason... Kinda like it tho tbh
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    They had me feeling good. Got to Cy and fell for a gold restart. Lost 10-8. Bye glu

• ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts

Uh huh Uh huh Uh huh...
  • 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    Perfect it sucks . No one play this  weekend but the scabs!!
  • 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    All diamond below teams just stop playing.  We have been glued!!
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Everyone's been complaining about the difficulty. It is more difficult but we're basically at end of season. It should be harder than it previously was as our teams are getting at the very top end of skill/rating level compared to earlier in the games life cycle. It's not too bad at gold, babe is a pain but went 1/2 against him with 80g boost. You need to get your skills to 20/20 to be competitive in this tower if you're a gold/below player. It's costly but those who have been able to get multiple capped 540+ legends with always on skills 20/20, it's still doable.

Like I mentioned, the prize doesn't match up to the difficulty so not really worth your time/ gold. But it's really not impossible at gold as many of you are saying.
    25Jackie said:
    All diamond below teams just stop playing.  We have been glued!!

If you want to get “glued” let me know I’m free tomorrow. Are you from Tennessee by the way? Because you’re the only 10 I see. My attraction for you is like diarrhea I just can’t hold it in...
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    Does anyone think Glu monitors this forum for feedback and will use this thread to make adjustments to the Weekend Royale WOH?
    Horse42 said:
    Does anyone think Glu monitors this forum for feedback and will use this thread to make adjustments to the Weekend Royale WOH?
    LMFAO. No. Only thing close to monitoring anything is our boy blue, and I highly doubt he'd be relaying the messages of people crying here
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    glu Doesn’t know their player base

Capped diamond teams probably could handle that tower easily. Guess what no diamond teams are playing woh. They are running bg/tourneys. It’s weekend royale, not weekend woh. 

Glu really should have done a much easier tower because the diamond teams still would have been running bg/tourneys and the vast player base could still cycle for those crap rewards . 

While we are talking about woh , look at my pretty woh team, everyone there is 20/20 except villar , lemon and foster . Going to mess some stuff up on Monday 

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I was able to cycle 3 times on Friday with using quite a bit of gold. Today, I spent a ton of gold today just trying to get past Ruth and Young. Never made it through, not even once today. I really hate myself for even bothering with it today. Taking a break tomorrow to get ready for Monday. Hope HOF won’t be as difficult as Royale this weekend.