Control of resources

rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
edited January 2020 in General TSB Discussion
I have been playing this game for 3 years, and it seems that there has been a huge shift in how GLU wants players to earn resources. Obviously, they want players to spend more money, and they feel that they need have to have more control of the release of the resources to make that happen.

They clearly don't like the idea of players being able to cycle events for huge amounts of resources. Using only club rewards to give teams resources allows GLU to control how many resources a team can earn. Slugfest, WOH, and EVO hunting have all been changed this year to move the control of resources towards GLU and away from the players. Slugfest and WOH are the only events that individual teams can improve with players and resources, while also helping their club. That is why those two events have seen the most change over the past 2 years. 

Slugfest used to be a great way to earn resources (cash, EVO, picks, PXP/LXP) until this year. Slugfest used to have it's own event day in previous version of the game. This year they have basically made it a worthless event for players with horrible resources and the minimal impact it has on club event scoring. 

They are now doing the same thing to WOH. It is really only relevant one day a week. They have increased the difficulty, especially during Royale, while reducing the rewards. The Monday WOH event is still a great way to earn resources through cycling the event, but that is the only day where the player has control of the amount of resources they can earn with a strong team and time to play. Wouldn't surprise me if GLU made more changes next year to reduce the ability of players earning huge amounts of resources through cycling WOH (increasing difficulty or reducing rewards).

EVO hunting has had the biggest change with the cooldown. Players not being able to work together and jump in and out of clubs to gain EVO has severely limited how much control players have on acquiring EVO. This has forced players to stay in one club and rely on club events, achievements, and EVO boxes. Huge shift towards GLU controlling how much EVO players get for improving their team. 

The shift in control of gaining resources has been a huge reason why I don't enjoy the game as much. It seems like GLU thinks the only way to get people to spend money is to control the ability to gain resources. I spent more money in previous years because I enjoyed the game. I feel like they are losing more players then they are gaining with their changes this year.

Comments

• eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Can even throw CvC rewards in that mix.  They've been the same since like July?  I think everyone would rather have LXP than PXP for months now and anything other than minimal BXP for club reward.  Season mode rewards were just changed to something useful.  Hell, the achievement section had the same rewards for months.  Many of those are completely worthless too.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Last Monday was GLU's introduction to what they are going to do to limit WoH's Main Monday event too.

Making 6.9 and 6.10 impossible for everyone for nearly 1/3 of the event time was no accident.  This was to prevent cycle capping and piling up additional LxP after a cycle cap in order to get more money out of everyone, not just below diamond.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Although you are probably right most of the time @drsmartassphd, please do yourself a favor and quit this game. It’s driving you crazy and you don’t seem to be able to not give a fuhk about this stupid game. Stop trying to make logic out of an illogic game.

And i say that in a nice way. In no way I want to be an a**hole.

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    You can be an asshole. Doesn’t bother me. Lol

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service