Thoughts on this weekend’s Royale

Comments

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Check out my WOH lineup I’ve got two Yogi’s

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    That is an absolute dream lineup @ShoveItUpYoenis2

I would challenge anyone at Gold to post a better lineup than that 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I have ATG Hank at S8, working on capping him. Also have Piazza and Hernandez on my bench capped at G10 too. All closers at at least 17/17 and ATGs at 20/20.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    you guys should jump to diamond and cap those teams
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    They seemed to have made it easier today. Cycled twice this morning without any gold at gold.
    MoenPDC said:
    you guys should jump to diamond and cap those teams

Yeah, sure. No problem. You can donate to my GoFundMe account to get me to diamond. I'll send you a beer.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    That is an absolute dream lineup @ShoveItUpYoenis2

I would challenge anyone at Gold to post a better lineup than that 
    I’ll try 
    I want that Mickey Mantle @GordonBombay.  Was thinking of bringing my Jackie to G10 to replace my DJ. I’ve been holding out for the “perfect” 2B but doesn’t look like he’s coming around anytime soon...
    Jackie is way underrated.  I noticed in The Forum World Series the most.  For WoH as long as the score is less than 3 down he’s automatic. I’ve never lost a weird autoplay with him.  
    Ok you’ve convinced me, there’s only a couple months left anyway I should just do it nothing to lose. Just need a little more lxp to go from S10 to G10. 
    Speaking of Jackie, how is that pursuit going? I think if I had a few more drinks I would have fell for a couple of those lines hulk.  
    They seemed to have made it easier today. Cycled twice this morning without any gold at gold.

Yesterday afternoon after a solid jam session, I was feeling good and decided to try Level 6 just to see the absurdity of it. I got to Gibson at 6.8 and used my Yogi G10 20/20. Used a video boost to start the round. Solid matchup advantage shows up on the screen. I'm thinking "yeah this will be easy". Gibson is easy to time. He's pretty much just fastballs.

Batter up. Nine and out. Big benders in the other time zone too. Nowhere close. I couldn't believe it.

Video reboot. Against my better judgment, I used 80 gold boost.

Batter up: hit, cheat out, hit, cheat out, hit, cheat out.  I am ALL to familiar with that sequence. Saw it a ton when I was in silver ghetto.

In 10 at bats, I only got four straight pitch opportunities. The other six were cheat outs.

Yogi is arguably the BEST player this game offers right now. I put in a lot of time garnering the resources needed to cap him at G10 then max his skills. My dumbass even bought a Field Pass last Monday because I couldn't get enough LxP from WoH due to the fact that GLU fricked with the settings last week for 1/3 of the event. My dumbass is encouraging GLU to screw me more. LOL

If Yogi can't get through 7-8 at bats without being curved out, even with a max gold boost, what is the point of doing this? I am paying GLU to bend me over. LOL  I am paying to have them throw pitches in the stands and call them "strikes" so I can lose. That's absurd.

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts

Yesterday afternoon after a solid jam session, I was feeling good and decided to try Level 6 just to see the absurdity of it. I got to Gibson at 6.8 and used my Yogi G10 20/20. Used a video boost to start the round. Solid matchup advantage shows up on the screen. I'm thinking "yeah this will be easy". Gibson is easy to time. He's pretty much just fastballs.

Batter up. Nine and out. Big benders in the other time zone too. Nowhere close. I couldn't believe it.

Batter up: hit, cheat out, hit, cheat out, hit, cheat out.  I am ALL to familiar with that sequence. Saw it a ton when I was in silver ghetto.

In 10 at bats, I only got four straight pitch opportunities. The other six were cheat outs.

Yogi is arguably the BEST player this game offers right now. I put in a lot of time garnering the resources needed to cap him at G10 then max his skills. My dumbass even bought a Field Pass last Monday because I couldn't get enough LxP from WoH due to the fact that GLU fricked with the settings last week for 1/3 of the event. My dumbass is encouraging GLU to screw me more. LOL

If Yogi can't get through 7-8 at bats without being curved out, even with a max gold boost, what is the point of doing this? I am paying GLU to bend me over. LOL  I am paying to have them throw pitches in the stands and call them "strikes" so I can lose. That's absurd.

Doc, have you considered you just may be bad at this game?

I was clearing Gibson with fully capped gold hank pretty easily with video boost only. Yogi has a platoon advantage and an always on skill. You're obviously doing something wrong... maybe pennants do matter?
    Speaking of Jackie, how is that pursuit going? I think if I had a few more drinks I would have fell for a couple of those lines hulk.  

@25Jackie is my real G10. She must be a cat because I’m really feline a connection between us. 
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    I have ATG Hank at S8, working on capping him. Also have Piazza and Hernandez on my bench capped at G10 too. All closers at at least 17/17 and ATGs at 20/20.
    Wow, Dr. Smart. That’s a very impressive WOH lineup. I would’ve assumed that you would breeze through WOH with ease, but based on your past posts, it seems like it’s been a struggle. 
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    criffy said:

Doc, have you considered you just may be bad at this game?

I was clearing Gibson with fully capped gold hank pretty easily with video boost only. Yogi has a platoon advantage and an always on skill. You're obviously doing something wrong... maybe pennants do matter?
    Pennants help a lot. They increase your hit rating, for WOH that means you get more fastballs thrown at you
    I have all of my WOH players pennants at 60/60, all team upgrades are 60/60, and all skills for closers are 20/20 and I still struggle getting past Ruth. I think Glu is just phasing out gold players from being able to cycle WOH... sucks but at least 2020 is a couple months away. 
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    I have all of my WOH players pennants at 60/60, all team upgrades are 60/60, and all skills for closers are 20/20 and I still struggle getting past Ruth. I think Glu is just phasing out gold players from being able to cycle WOH... sucks but at least 2020 is a couple months away. 
    What!? That shouldn’t be. There’s literally nothing else you can do to improve your WOH lineup, yet it still remains a struggle!?
    I just now am trying to play WOH for the first time this weekend.  Got to 5-10 and tried to video boost and I get this add that won’t play or end.  
    Horse42 said:
    What!? That shouldn’t be. There’s literally nothing else you can do to improve your WOH lineup, yet it still remains a struggle!?

Agreed, and an 80g boost so literally nothing more I can do and it’s still a struggle. And the reward isn’t even worth the aggravation 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Horse42 said:
    There are two more tiers they can move up to..
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    I just don't understand why they're making it impossible during royale.  The rewards are always trash and it will never have the biggest multiplier, and diamond players aren't playing it, so why not keep it more fun for those of us who like to play it?  Take the legends and the lxp box away, or give the player a 0.1% chance of being pulled, or just keep the living legends in there, they're city dump material anyways.
    Just no.  
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I really like @drsmartassphd. But the constant posts about Cheat Outs and match up advantages are non-sense. I have never once paid attention to those match up screens so I have now idea what the hell they even mean tbh, in my eyes they are useless and give no indication whether your going to get a winnable sequence. I know plenty of guys in Gold that are having no issues with WOH this weekend, is it hard? Absolutely. Should the prizes be better? Absolutely. Many of so those called "cheat outs", or curves you call, are hittable, not all but some. I have had plenty of situations on the last 3 guys where I was hitting those outside curve balls for singles and doubles. I did a few cycles in WOH this weekend just out of boredom and agree its not worth the time or effort but its not as bad as a "Blizzard style" final 3 (660max pitchers).  Sounds more like user error for the @drsmartassphd or his RNG luck is just that bad but thats hard to believe. Nobody I know complains about WOH more then him, so you must be doing something wrong.

Down 9 and 10 runs should give out a 100% legend prize at the end of the level. But like many have pointed out Royale WOHs have never been easy, they dont want people cycling all weekend for resources. But this weekend is a total waste of time, for teams diamond and lower it sucks because you dont really play BGs and tournaments like we do so I see the frustration.

But at this point of the year, BETA drops in less then 30 days, why not move up. If WOH remains like this then there isn't any point in playing it anymore TBH. Go up, get the gold along the way, and spend on it xp and boxes. You dont need much to win BGS and tourneys at diamond. A few 380 SPs capped and your rolling. Enjoy the last 60 days or so and head up tiers.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy

@Criffy: No. I'm very good at WoH. Gibson has been a regular "final 3" pitcher in this event for a long time now. To say I've played Gibson hundreds of times would be an understatement.

I know when a particular at bat is a programmed auto out. It is as plain as day to see. Does Gibson throw hittable curves? Yes. You can easily distinguish which benders are meant as possible hits and which are auto outs based on where the ball goes. If it goes over the heart of the plate, that is an at bat in your complete control. If it goes into the RH Hitters batters box, or goes through you, and it is a "strike", that is an auto out and what I rightfully call a "cheat out". You are literally being cheated because it A) It isn't a damn strike and you will strike out and B) If you make contact, you will be out.

If Gibson throws me something over the plate, it will be a hit. I cannot say the same, however, for Ruth and some of the other junk throwers like Ryan. I constantly lose solid opportunities to win round with those guys because I mistime.

And yes, I have had SOLID RNG with Gibby where he threw me NO curves at all when he was the HoF closer. Many times I hit ten straight singles to beat him 7-6. I know when I'm being screwed, dude.

I do see several posters saying today appears to be easier. I'll maybe give it another shot later.  If not, tomorrow I plan on cleaning up with a cycle cap and additional LxP if they don't deliberately frick with the settings again.  As you can see in my lineup, I've cycle capped several guys since going gold.  Hell, the last Royale where Piazza was one of the three prizes, I beat it so many times that weekend that I cycle capped Piazza and one of the crappy Primes the same weekend bc I pulled them so much. That alone makes me think I'm good at WoH.

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    I’m reading all this and the only thing I can think of is that batch of popcorn Big Pred was making last night...
    I just went through L6. Gibson’s pitch level was lowered to 55. I beat him no problem. Not a single curve out. Got six straight hits and easily cleared.

Ruth’s pitch level is only 59, but since I refuse to use gold bc the potential prize isn’t worth a diarrhea dump, he curved me out pretty quickly, as expected. I used a video boost, got to 9-4, and he curved me out with nine straight. Again, understandable since all I did was a video boost.

Normally both Gibson and Babe are set at 60+, so yes, today may be a little easier, but I’m not wasting gold on it.

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    This is how much WoH I played this weekend..... zero.... inline with what @dkarski87 said above - time to try something different and spend all those resources we have sitting around gathering dust in gold - u cant take it with you....

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    benny100 said:
    This is how much WoH I played this weekend..... zero.... inline with what @dkarski87 said above - time to try something different and spend all those resources we have sitting around gathering dust in gold - u cant take it with you....

Now I need a new favorite gold team to gawk at from time to time 🙄
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    My thoughts are that glu should make this more achievable so that more people are playing. I’m not sure what percent of players could cycle cap this weekend but I’m sure that a very small percent that can. Combined with the crappy rewards I’m sure that the number of those that can combined with the number that want to spend the time and resources to do it is probably less than 1% of players. After a long and frustrating season Glu needs to keep us engaged in this game instead of pushing us away. I’m not saying that they should give us the world but do something to make us want to participate. I know that I’m only 1 person but I cycled d6 twice this weekend and only did about level 5 in woh to get a bonus player.  So I’m up almost 15k in gold instead of spending gold on woh. Maybe make another tower similar to Monday or reduce the level of difficulty. @drsmartassphd- not all diamond players can get past woh and the cost to level up a legend in diamond compared to doing it in gold is night and day so stay where you’re at. Diamond takes way too much time and you will feel the need to buy field pass weekly to help level up your players. I would love to see what would happen if everybody stopped throwing money in glu’s direction. 
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts

Your “pretty “ gold team is pretty useless if you can’t get through it . Also don’t speak of how many resources you had to use to cap yogi at gold. People expect that they should be able to clear something for spending 1/4 of what it costs at diamond. Maybe glu is tired of people at this point in the game of never moving up tiers