TSB 2020- playing? Expectations?

retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
I'm just curious who is planning on playing next season, and if so- why? What are you looking forward to? What are you hoping to see improved/changed/introduced? Will you change the way you play? Which mistakes do you hope to have learned from? Do you plan on taking a step backwards/forwards? 😬
"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

TSB 2020- playing? Expectations? 103 votes

I will play next season.
48% 50 votes
Screw that, I'm done.
25% 26 votes
Completely unsure, waiting for beta first.
26% 27 votes
Prev13456

Comments

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Looking forward to starting at the beginning with vip rewards instead of mid July with no idea how to play 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Meh...  I took a 4-month hiatus, and came back to find that it was even more of a grind than when I left.  

I'm sure I will download the game, and give it a shot, but definitely f2p, if I play at all.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I'm pretty tired of the game honestly, but I think going diamond in May/June has a lot to do with that. I'm excited for keepers (hopefully, the newsletter was very vague), and I definitely want to play slugfest next year. I plan on staying silver and gold for quite a while, and playing very casually as well as f2p. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Same as Moen for me.  Excited to start as VIP and knowing how to utilize WoH to build my team.  Hoping to spend very minimally as well.
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    I’ll be a very casual player at best. I won’t be spending money and hitting it hard like this year. Since I spent all of the time and effort building a team, I’m most interested in playing Match Me games on the TSB19 app even when the TSB20 version is released. I hope we will have that capability. If anyone is interested in that, please let me know. 
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    I have stayed silver all year so far and have enjoyed it, probably do the same next year.  Also luck with boxes also have helped keep me interested this year. I feel like in 2018 I didn’t get anyone. But this year I’ve already got two ATG and plenty of legends/primes. As for next year I hope they slow down the ranking of players. Also I hope the revamp slugfest. I like playing it but it takes too much time. It would be good if the decrease each level to like 5 battles in the earlier round or change the amount of pitches.
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Screw it I'm done. Back to real life.
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    I’m an addict. I’ll be back. Doesn’t mean I’ll enjoy it though. 
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    All depends on if they get rid of the cool down or not
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    @nwaredstar77, This will be the ultimate deciding factor for me as well. In general, this game is awesome for a phone app. But I really don’t play much at all anymore for that reason specifically. 
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    Yeah it's stale as f*** with the cool down.  The game itself isn't what got me addicted and spending insane $... Was the fun of being able to play with friends in dif clubs, help people out, or when I get annoyed with some one boasting in global, I'd go knock them down a few rungs in the club rankings. Being forced to stay in a club ruined the game for me, i tried playing with it for a bit over a week. Found myself falling asleep playing, then just barely playing... After that I was surprised how easy it was to just not turn my tap phone on at all
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I think that it’s a wait and see for me. I’ll at least log in for the VIP rewards but I will not go past gold next season if I do play. This was season 5 for me and by far the most frustrating and time consuming. Did I mention that it also consumed the most money? Glu’s constant money grab and tinkering with the game is finally what did me in. Going from beating HOF at will to not getting past it the next was what did me in this year. To me WOH was the only enjoyable part of this game. Cool down period also sucks but I see that they reduced it from 12 hours to 6 since I’ve been gone. No spending for me next year if I do play. 
    PS I miss you pujols. 
    2003cobra said:
    I think that it’s a wait and see for me. I’ll at least log in for the VIP rewards but I will not go past gold next season if I do play. This was season 5 for me and by far the most frustrating and time consuming. Did I mention that it also consumed the most money? Glu’s constant money grab and tinkering with the game is finally what did me in. Going from beating HOF at will to not getting past it the next was what did me in this year. To me WOH was the only enjoyable part of this game. Cool down period also sucks but I see that they reduced it from 12 hours to 6 since I’ve been gone. No spending for me next year if I do play. 
    PS I miss you pujols. 
    Dang! 5 years?! That's a long time, man! In your opinion, what made this year the most time-consuming? I'm hoping to drastically cut down the time I spend on this game in 20, and go f2p besides the stadium. 
    PS 😉☺️
    2003cobra said:
    PS I miss you pujols. 
    Dang! 5 years?! That's a long time, man! In your opinion, what made this year the most time-consuming? I'm hoping to drastically cut down the time I spend on this game in 20, and go f2p besides the stadium. 
    PS 😉☺️
    It is a long time but its technically been 6 seasons. It came out in August 2014 and I’ve been hooked since then. I even played football for 2 seasons before they pulled the plug on it. Going diamond cost me a lot of time and money. I had a very successful gold team last year and barely spent money. I watched videos on my downtime so glu paid to build my team instead of me. I didn’t stress out about woh like I did this year. I didn’t beat it until December last year but I didn’t really try before then. All of my 18 hitters were capped legends and I could beat woh rather easily This year I got so frustrated with woh that I let it get to me. If I do play in 2020 I won’t stress out about the game as much as I have this year and I won’t give them my money. If my kids were still living at home I would have felt horrible about how much time I spent on the stupid game this year. Plus the weight that I’ve gained sitting on my butt tappin away. 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    I remember at the end of 18, where I didn't really know what I was doing, I was really looking forward to the 2019 version and playing pretty seriously. By in large, I've been able to maintain a pretty nice team by staying primarily f2p and have had literally no interest in moving to diamond given the time suck of diamond life. 

I recall that there was a ton of pxp and l lxp available in slugfest in 18 so I focused on my sluggers this year but realized sometime in August that the premium xp was never coming this year. I thought that was the only way I'd be able to build valuable resources this year as I never cycled woh in 2018.

The game is very different this year compared to last. If I play 2020, I need to remind myself of that - expect something different. Probably will be more of a money grab and f2p is going to be harder to maintain next year if this year's version is any indication.

Might be a very casual silver player next year if I come back
    I hope that it becomes very hard to be a f2p player next year. It would be easier to quit then. Also, when the game first came out there was no woh or cvc. We manually played each other and chatted with each other in our games. It was nothing to have 30-50 games open at one time. Now the games all about auto play except for woh. 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I will not be downloading the new version, I’m gonna continue casually playing 19. Fell out of love with the game pretty early this past season and kept at it hoping it would get better. The time and money I put into a product that never delivered anything new that worked right was a huge letdown. 
    2003cobra said:
    I hope that it becomes very hard to be a f2p player next year. It would be easier to quit then. Also, when the game first came out there was no woh or cvc. We manually played each other and chatted with each other in our games. It was nothing to have 30-50 games open at one time. Now the games all about auto play except for woh. 
    This version actually sounds better to me. Something I can play around with during downtime rather than revolve my entire day around.
    2003cobra said:
    This version actually sounds better to me. Something I can play around with during downtime rather than revolve my entire day around.
    I let big predator talk me into going diamond.  I should have stuck to what I knew. 
    2003cobra said:
    2003cobra said:
    I let big predator talk me into going diamond.  I should have stuck to what I knew. 
    LOL! I don't even think @Bigpredfan should have gone diamond 😂🤣 I know I'm better suited for gold. Going diamond now at the tail end of the season wouldn't be a bad idea.
    all that Mumbo jumbo that he was talking on here about endless gold and evo got me excited and I ventured into the point of no return. The biggest problem is how scarce pxp and lxp would become. I have a really nice team full of legends-unfortunately most of my best ones are on the bench stuck in the bronze ages. Thanks big predator. My TS from last years gold team is almost as high as my diamond team from this year. I think that mythical dragons and drsmartass did it right this year. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    To be honest, the only reason I came back at all was to take a few shots at the ATG's for keepers, in case I played in '20...  No luck after a week, so far, and finding myself losing motivation to keep trying.

When I stopped I was a 142k TS at gold on Labor Day.  I have pushed into platinum now, just for the gold to buy a few more boxes.  Hit on 560 Monitor on the first box I opened, and nothing worthwhile since.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    2003cobra said:
    LOL! I don't even think @Bigpredfan should have gone diamond 😂🤣 I know I'm better suited for gold. Going diamond now at the tail end of the season wouldn't be a bad idea.
    I’d be bankrupt below diamond. I can’t imagine playing without the 7500 gold 
    Watch videos instead of playing bonus games. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Watch videos instead of playing bonus games. 
    Bonus games earn gold quicker
    I know but it’s no fun trying to cap a legend. And I didn’t need as much gold when I was at gold. Not saying that it wasn’t fun for a while but I got burnt out this year. Last year I played around 15k games. That’s more my pace 
    I’d be bankrupt below diamond. I can’t imagine playing without the 7500 gold 
    Gold is a damn trick! I'm pretty sure I wasted 80% of my gold 🤣
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I'll probably check out 2020 but like it has always been for me since 2016 (2015 I was a dummy and spent money on this game) f2p...will always grind the videos out or farm gold from awards. Will never spend on this game. If it ever becomes the day that it becomes exceedingly hard to stay f2p, I am outta here. Mark my words next thing they are going to squeeze even more are the videos. They have about done everything else to squeeze us on! Will probably be silver or at best gold team for 2020.
    @pujols haven’t we all?
    2003cobra said:
    @pujols haven’t we all?
    I'm hoping to avoid that next season. ideally, I won't buy a single box for the first few MONTHS. Throughout the rest of the year, I won't Chase decent players wear scrubs in boxes like I did this year for points, only the bsd's 😬 I'm quite confident that is not a realistic goal, but we will see how it works out.