Manny LL

slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
So am I crazy or are his right hand skills a little off being a righty? 

Comments

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    It’s a skill. Although uncommon, it’s not implied that it’s always against opposite handed pitchers
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    It’s a skill. Although uncommon, it’s not implied that it’s always against opposite handed pitchers
    Yeah I guess I didn’t want to accept it because I wanted to level him. That’s for the response. Honestly I thought it could’ve been a Glu up 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Honestly, it makes him more useful in my eyes. Another batter for rhp's 👍🏻 I say there's a 50/50 chance GLU changes him in the future 🙄
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    I had prime 380 judge earlier this year with 2x vs rhp. It happens. He was a beast for me for about 6 weeks
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    This guy was a WoH monster in 18 - righty skill on a righty works - he was a closer for a couple months when I was gold

• total13total13 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Not to say that they won't change him in the near future but LL Machado appears to be a recycled version of Prime Machado that was released late in TSB 18 (with a slightly lower max). 
    If I had to bet, I'd say his RHP skill stays. 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    The platoon mattered way more early in the season when there was one skill guys only. You stack a double skill and the platoon advantage still matters but much less so
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I get worried about hitters with the same hand skill.  I don't know how Glu handles the opposite hand bonus in that case.  For instance we all know r vs. l is better than r vs. r so wouldn't the rhp skill of a right handed batter would be less than a lefty against a rhp pitcher.
    edited January 2020
    I get worried about hitters with the same hand skill.  I don't know how Glu handles the opposite hand bonus in that case.  For instance we all know r vs. l is better than r vs. r so wouldn't the rhp skill of a right handed batter would be less than a lefty against a rhp pitcher.
    I think it’s all user perspective. The Rng shouldn’t change theoretically.  It’s visually easier to see the pitch coming across from the opposite hand. 
    I guess I was under the impression that they added a positive factor to your hitter if it's going against the opposite pitcher.
    If they don't then none of us need to care about lefty and righty hitters.
    I’ll give it a shot tomorrow. I’ll use Double Late Peewee where I’d normally use Double lefty Brett. Skills both 18/18. I’ve done it by accident a few times, and the results didn’t change. It really is just a little adjustment of when you tap to hit the ball. I’ll post it tomorrow regardless 
    Interesting, I'll try it too.  I guess I've never paid attention to when I press because I always try to do opposites.