TSB 2020- playing? Expectations?

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I will play, but not as hardcore as this year. I’ve learned al lot from you guys last year. I just hope something changes with Glu. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    So, 50% of participants are sure about playing next season.. interesting results 🤔 I figured that number would be higher than half 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I'll play but probably stay silver.  I'd really like to see them add more individual awards to make it more appealing to those that aren't in the top everything.  Things like an award for the person who scores the most during a weekend CvC or event. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I’m sure that number will be higher than 50% as far as having the app downloaded and spending some time playing. The question is how much will some if us really play. The CD timer and instant incrw
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
     It sure what happened there but to finish my thought that the CD timer and instant increase in woh difficulty left a bad taste in my mouth as it did for others 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I went with option four.  I'll play 2020, but very casually.  Expectations?  Not very high.  One thing I would love to see though, instead of winning things like 10k lxp in WoH, remove that and add in stickers, glu!  That's what the masses want.  Trust me, glu, it's a great idea.  If it's not, then this post will get all the disagrees ever!  What's that?  They took the "disagree" button away because ADULTS couldn't handle it?!  I guess it's a lock then, stickers instead of xp!!  Make it happen. 
    Just no.  
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    edited January 2020
    whammo911 said:
    I will not be downloading the new version, I’m gonna continue casually playing 19. Fell out of love with the game pretty early this past season and kept at it hoping it would get better. The time and money I put into a product that never delivered anything new that worked right was a huge letdown. 
    Same here. GLU’s making it really easy to say goodbye. I’ll continue to play 19 some but hope to gradually wean myself from this dumb game.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    I'll probably come back next year. I've been grabbing the free gifts for a couple months now in hopes of atgs for keepers, and I got one today, which was going to be a necessity if I was going to play again next year. It's somewhat part of my summer tradition of watching Cardinal's games while mindlessly tapping away on a dumb game. The improved Android performance is a big "yea," and the cooldown is a big "nay," however. But I'll probably come back next year, albeit less intensively.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I will play 20 and start at a pace similar to the past couple months if things stay the same and no changes are made. Never going past silver of course as long as I can still cycle I see no incentive. Don’t have that kind of time or spending that kind of money. I really miss being able to jump around and help clubs can only hope the timer is lifted for 20. I hope the boxes become a little less predictable and they go back to 18 woh style and put current top overall player as reward.  I could list a bunch of issues that I’d like to see addressed but we all are already aware of... so in short I’ll be back 🙄 but definitely no where near at the capacity I started 19. Started 19 like a lunatic 😳😮
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    I will play 20 and start at a pace similar to the past couple months if things stay the same and no changes are made. Never going past silver of course as long as I can still cycle I see no incentive. Don’t have that kind of time or spending that kind of money. I really miss being able to jump around and help clubs can only hope the timer is lifted for 20. I hope the boxes become a little less predictable and they go back to 18 woh style and put current top overall player as reward.  I could list a bunch of issues that I’d like to see addressed but we all are already aware of... so in short I’ll be back 🙄 but definitely no where near at the capacity I started 19. Started 19 like a lunatic 😳😮
    Same here, i might play  a bit, mess around with hrb or woh when bored, but def not starting 20 like I did 19... Was making a vip account every other week ffs >.>
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    Another thing that they could add next year. An “open all”/“trade-in all” to the late round and 2nd round picks.
  • ChiiChii Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    Looking forward to starting at the beginning with vip rewards instead of mid July with no idea how to play 
    Same here. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    unsure but definately less time and money spent then this year
    Tdub71 said:
    Meh...  I took a 4-month hiatus, and came back to find that it was even more of a grind than when I left.  

I'm sure I will download the game, and give it a shot, but definitely f2p, if I play at all.
    actually this probably describes me too
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    My guess on 2020 is being diamond will be allot more difficult. F2P will be about video grinding and not d6 cycles. Woh will be more like 18 with top players as the rewards and fan rewards will also have the top players again instead of 20 point lower maxes with terrible skills. Once Bigpreds strategy from 18 caught on in 19 it ruined the game. Everyone and there mother went straight to diamond and Glu’s reaction was to make xp rarely available, cooldown, rewards subpar to make it harder on f2p diamond players but it also killed it for the paying customers that didn’t mind throwing cash at the game...it just felt like an endless cash grab to make up for diamond f2p players.

***this post is not meant to bash diamond f2p, just Glu’s response to it..I have allot of respect for those that can hack it grinding bonus games but it’s just not for me***
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited January 2020
    whammo911 said:
    My guess on 2020 is being diamond will be allot more difficult. F2P will be about video grinding and not d6 cycles. Woh will be more like 18 with top players as the rewards and fan rewards will also have the top players again instead of 20 point lower maxes with terrible skills. Once Bigpreds strategy from 18 caught on in 19 it ruined the game. Everyone and there mother went straight to diamond and Glu’s reaction was to make xp rarely available, cooldown, rewards subpar to make it harder on f2p diamond players but it also killed it for the paying customers that didn’t mind throwing cash at the game...it just felt like an endless cash grab to make up for diamond f2p players.

***this post is not meant to bash diamond f2p, just Glu’s response to it..I have allot of respect for those that can hack it grinding bonus games but it’s just not for me***
    While I appreciate the attention for my strategy, it wasn’t my strategy that made everyone do diamond quicker this year, it was the reduced costs for players at diamond. I would have never jumped so early this year if players still needed the same as last year to level 

edit:  I think if Glu really wants to control player progress, they will do it this way. 

Have primes and legends from the start of 2020. Limit the XP you can get for them and then slowly increase the prime and legend XP. They can make it where it is feasible to have them at bronze, then 2 months later silver, 2 months later gold, etc 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I agree with ya Pred, glu miscalculated and made diamond too easy to get to way too fast...(your strategy was a game changer for allot of people in 18, but it really watered things down this year with everyone using it) where if you jumped up now and xp was way more available (like in previous versions) it would be allot more fun building a diamond team...all I’m saying is I think 20 will be more like 18.
    whammo911 said:
     Woh will be more like 18 with top players as the rewards and fan rewards will also have the top players again instead of 20 point lower maxes with terrible skills. 
    This would draw me back in a little more if that was the case.

As of now Walk off is simply a chore and they havent updated the rewards since Septembers.  Actually my bad stickers!
    But really they purposely make Royale WOH unplayable now because they dont want people cycling for resources easily, even if its one lxp box.

I am all for increased difficulty but juice has to be worth the squeeze 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    To be fair I’ll likely play though I’d like to see what they do with beta and any features they might add to enhance the game.  I’ve went from spending 50 hours a week playing to about an hour a week at most as I went diamond earlier in the season and burnt out.  Premium resources I figured would get far more plentiful than they did and the reward/difficulty structure swung a bit crazy as well after the season.
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Long story short, everyone went diamond early bc our higher leader said so. I had multiple teams last year and 2 this year. Diamond is a grind, simply put. However, last year was very different. The resources were there to take.  This year, you grinded diamond for maintenance. At the end of the day, you’re gonna pay, be it money or time, or both. I have no issue dropping money, but this game took a massive step in the wrong direction by putting a toll on success
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Beta is going to come out and be freaking awesome… And then they will slowly start tightening the screws

frog in a slowly boiling pot if you will
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Also, NWA, I miss all the fun I had with you and my Blueowl. That kept me in the game. Kept me wanting to play. 2 of the funnest people to play with imo 
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    Also, NWA, I miss all the fun I had with you and my Blueowl. That kept me in the game. Kept me wanting to play. 2 of the funnest people to play with imo 
    I do too dude, big time. What I loved  lot about that owl is his mindset was very similar to mine, we're playing the game to have fun, we didn't mind spending money on the game either (i have very little free time, so I value it highly. Don't mind spending $100 for a night of fun gaming), and hes a huge troll, so he loved jumping in clubs and help them get top 10 then watch global for the people we bumped out of top 10 complain :) also met quite a few people thanks to him. I've said elsewhere, and i cant imagine I'm in the minority when i say this, but the community is what made the game so amazing. And they effectively killed it with the cool down
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    I’m confused by the earlier posts. What does “f2p” mean? What is the BigPReds strategy?
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    I'm pretty tired of the game honestly, but I think going diamond in May/June has a lot to do with that. I'm excited for keepers (hopefully, the newsletter was very vague), and I definitely want to play slugfest next year. I plan on staying silver and gold for quite a while, and playing very casually as well as f2p. 
    Same. The Diamond grind is starting to wear me out and make me lose interested over the last month. I need my life back, lol. 
    ~UNAGI~
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Horse42 said:
    I’m confused by the earlier posts. What does “f2p” mean? What is the BigPReds strategy?
    F2p= free to play. I'm not sure what the @Bigpredfan strategy is 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Horse42 said:
    F2p= free to play. I'm not sure what the @Bigpredfan strategy is 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I helped a lot of people transition from silver/gold to diamond by sharing how I did it, and how I wished I had done it to a degree. I guess some people feel as though I provided a blueprint which was improved upon. 

In 2018 I was so frustrated with WOH that I went straight from gold to diamond. I decided to essentially give up WOH and just play bonus games and tournaments. I did eventually get back to cycling WOH, but some others were able to do it much quicker, and cycle cap players (huge when they needed a lot of gold to level) better than I was 
    We are at 35/76 aka under 50 percent that are for sure playing next version.   Thats a yikes
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    after 3 years my plan is to not play. I say plan because like many the itch to play will probably still be there. I like a lot of the changes this year (field pass, reduced level up cost, and gurantee box) but the changes to WOH really ruined it for me. I don’t like the change to 6 levels, and now with the increased difficulty for less than top players isn’t worth it. I loved it when it was Introduced in 17 and loved it last year. It seems like such a chore to play it that much and I just get bored after 1-2 cycles, especially winning a guy who doesn’t make my team 99% of the time. One of my biggest issues in 18 was the repeat players and it has only gotten worse this year with 3-4 versions of the same legend. 
    edited January 2020
    after 3 years my plan is to not play. I say plan because like many the itch to play will probably still be there. I like a lot of the changes this year (field pass, reduced level up cost, and gurantee box) but the changes to WOH really ruined it for me. I don’t like the change to 6 levels, and now with the increased difficulty for less than top players isn’t worth it. I loved it when it was Introduced in 17 and loved it last year. It seems like such a chore to play it that much and I just get bored after 1-2 cycles, especially winning a guy who doesn’t make my team 99% of the time. One of my biggest issues in 18 was the repeat players and it has only gotten worse this year with 3-4 versions of the same legend. 
    this desribes my feeling pretty well too.   Its to the point where I cant stand WOH almost and that used to be my favorite part.  Obviously the idea is to eliminate cycling for rewards which is tough for alot of us