My new Journey on capping my diamond team

2Next

Comments

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Marcuh said:
    Probably will go with Machado since I could use a catcher at the moment. 

• MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    I meant Molina lol. Had machado on my mind since he’s the current LL. Whoops 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    You’re not leveling these guys on the weekend are you???

you need to be using FO during the week to do this
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Sorry man, this is playing out just as I stated earlier. We all know cycling HoF @ Diamond is the ultimate goal, based on other threads you've initiate, and the guys you are slowly leveling are already falling off that curve. LL are not closers & 540s & below with skills 12/12 are not cutting it anymore. Skills at 18/18 might give you a fighting chance, but you'd need at least 3-4 of them & 80g boosts.
    If the goal now is just to see a bunch of shiny Diamond 10 indicators, of course that can be done ,but they will be irrelevant for anything other than an increase in win%. 
    Update @Marcuh
    I have 4 legends capped. 2 of them are living legends. Going to be tough to cap all 9 with in my goal. But I’m trying. I’m running out of cash and bonus games. Don’t understand how diamond players keep their cash and bonus games played per day so high. Maybe I’m not spending enough. I don’t play WOH so maybe that’s why my cash flow has been hurting @TheFullMonte
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Playing woh certainly helps with the cash flow and the addition of bonus games. Even you’re doing classic it’s still a great way to earn resources. You have to play a lot of tourneys also. Those will earn plenty of bonus games and are better for earning gloves to donate which turns into cash 

edited January 2020
    2003cobra said:
    Playing woh certainly helps with the cash flow and the addition of bonus games. Even you’re doing classic it’s still a great way to earn resources. You have to play a lot of tourneys also. Those will earn plenty of bonus games and are better for earning gloves to donate which turns into cash 
    I play PLENTY of tourneys and bonus games. If you just play tourneys and bonus games (750 bonus games 50 tourneys a day included in those games) your cash will run out even with $14250 a pop per loyalty boxes. I get franchise coins and draft picks 25 percent of the time.  Same with tourney boxes, I get so many stupid franchise coins. Geez 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Diamond is all about balancing bonus games and cash.  Bonus games give cash about a third of the time along with manually playing WoH on Monday’s (even classic is sufficient with this, as you’ll gain cash for clearing levels and often 2,000 cash for winning a round along with bonus games).  My highest player is only 455 (I stopped playing almost completely in late September) and was able to clear classic on Monday.  Use the cash from bonus games/WoH to play tourneys to replenish bonus games, and tourney wins also count toward the 1,000 win threshold you’ll need to meet to keep clearing D6.  Over time you’ll get used to juggling the resources and it will be a lot easier to manage.
    edited January 2020

I don’t understand this. Use your words. Come on man. I really do appreciate your feedback, being that you have a great team. @TheFullMonte
    @redlegs2018u I appreciate that feedback. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    WOH is a HUGE help for cash and bonus games, do NOT overlook that. As was mentioned above, get your team to cycling classic. I don't mean cycle classic once or twice, I mean cycle your face off in classic. This is, of course, only if you can't cycle HOF. Your cash flow and bonus game number will be happier after a Monday of cycling, believe that. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I’m still doing the math as only been in diamond 1 week - but so far I am seeing every d6 cycle costing about 750k+ in net cash, assuming you can trade in all the gloves etc etc at bronze / silver box rates. if anyone has already done the math shoot me a pm as I’d like to see if my assumptions line up
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Marcuh said:
    2003cobra said:
    I play PLENTY of tourneys and bonus games. If you just play tourneys and bonus games (750 bonus games 50 tourneys a day included in those games) your cash will run out even with $14250 a pop per loyalty boxes. I get franchise coins and draft picks 25 percent of the time.  Same with tourney boxes, I get so many stupid franchise coins. Geez 
    As mentioned, Monday's Hof and even classic are a great source of cash. I never run out of cash and that's a direct result of WoH. Another big help is leveling your players at a discount(FP and/or the weekend). You will get the full value of balls while paying a discount rate. This will lead to a net profit in blue cash once you trade them in.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.