Thoughts on this weekend’s Royale

13Next

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Good point. I didn’t just move to gold.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    Your “pretty “ gold team is pretty useless if you can’t get through it . Also don’t speak of how many resources you had to use to cap yogi at gold. People expect that they should be able to clear something for spending 1/4 of what it costs at diamond. Maybe glu is tired of people at this point in the game of never moving up tiers 
    I have a solution for that. Glu should make the rewards better for higher tiers. For example, instead of giving 10k LXP to everyone, they can make it say 25k for Diamond. That type of increase certainly isn't giving Diamond players an advantage over Silver and Gold players, since it costs so much LXP to cap a guy. But it does provide incentive to play at that level. That might encourage players to move up rather than continually making it harder. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Hope tomorrow and beyond is just as hard or harder. Makes it an easy call if the entire roster has to be capped 540/560 with 20/20 and last 4 has to be always on skills to clear. It would be a clean kill. 
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    MoenPDC said:
    Your “pretty “ gold team is pretty useless if you can’t get through it . Also don’t speak of how many resources you had to use to cap yogi at gold. People expect that they should be able to clear something for spending 1/4 of what it costs at diamond. Maybe glu is tired of people at this point in the game of never moving up tiers 
    I have a solution for that. Glu should make the rewards better for higher tiers. For example, instead of giving 10k LXP to everyone, they can make it say 25k for Diamond. That type of increase certainly isn't giving Diamond players an advantage over Silver and Gold players, since it costs so much LXP to cap a guy. But it does provide incentive to play at that level. That might encourage players to move up rather than continually making it harder. 
    Thats actually a pretty damn good idea
    Blizzard was that idea. It was great. Since that day, they’ve done nothing but eff up WoH

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    MoenPDC said:
    I 💯 percent agree with this. For me to cap one player it takes more resources than it would take a silver player to cap his whole team lol.
    I capped Capanaris on HoF that day and only tried blizzard a few times

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @sullipa8 is on to something there.  Probably would have to make the gap a little bigger than 10k-25k, to make the difficulty worthwhile, but definitely a good idea.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    benny100 said:
    This is how much WoH I played this weekend..... zero.... inline with what @dkarski87 said above - time to try something different and spend all those resources we have sitting around gathering dust in gold - u cant take it with you....

I quit and @benny100 done lost his mind 
  • STAYB8KEDDSTAYB8KEDD Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    That is an absolute dream lineup @ShoveItUpYoenis2

I would challenge anyone at Gold to post a better lineup than that 
    🤫
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    How does your Hernandez and Butler perform?  I really wish Hernandez had the hitting of a 530 instead of a 510.  I get worried about Butler since nothing is on from the start.  You have get that first hit before he'll put it in gear.
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Why is WOH “easier” at higher levels? I thought it was relative to the level you are at. Could someone please explain this to me. Thanks in advance!
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Check out the percentages on the All things chart page.  The higher you go, the greater the difference between level 1 and level 10.  So a level 10 silver compared to a level 1 silver is less than a level 10 diamond to a level 1 diamond.
  • STAYB8KEDDSTAYB8KEDD Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    How does your Hernandez and Butler perform?  I really wish Hernandez had the hitting of a 530 instead of a 510.  I get worried about Butler since nothing is on from the start.  You have get that first hit before he'll put it in gear.
    Yeah Hernandez is a good middle guy just like butler. I thought the same thing about Hernandez and Buckner (woh reward)  literally same exact rating, kind of a waste for a 530 legend. In woh you really don’t have that free ab to put it in gear. 

I think my Jose Cruz at 510 has a higher hit rating than Hernandez and Buckner. I know my 510 Cecil Cooper does.

GLU really outdid themselves giving us the same reward in WoH two weeks in a row, all the while completely bastardizing their ratings at their level.

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Here's my take:

• Reduced ATG return for 3 day event further diminishing their value into the new year while maintaining investment cost
    • Ridiculous invisible odds at pulling a player from either box for the game mode with highest multiplier with a $100 club "deal" thrown in Friday evening to guarantee 2 players to all in club for said mode (how convenient)
    • Insane situationals for WoH when Glu claims after last 7 tier tower that "too many people found this tower difficult" and deny it was yet another step back to rein in available resources (mega lxp box vs 10k lxp guaranteed)
    • Offering a first-time 560 legend pitcher and SR the day before Royale until end of Thursday event with colossal lxp box at 2k gold a pop to boot so people drop serious coin to cap him only to offer the same damn pitcher for the weekend at possible 50% discount while refusing to acknowledge this grimy decision nor a refund to those that were incensed after leveling said pitcher the day prior (maybe even being the straw that broke the camel's back for one VIP legend of the game some of us have had the pleasure of getting to know this last year).
    • A final Sunday Funday "gift" for today's box with a new ATG to get those that haven't fully capped the expiring ATG a-spending some more on those specials.

I have nothing nice to say about this Royale, Glu or the state of this game. I hope to never see another Royale over the weekend again cause they've figured out by stumbling around mistake after mistake to suck this marrow dry as well. You've taken the literal fun out of nearly every aspect of this game. So much so I can't imagine the state of 2020 to be anything but a shell of what this game used to be. Apparently this is the game we deserve because Glu is now offering a product that reflects their view of their customer base; a steaming pile of dogshit. **** off...

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    “maybe even being the straw that broke the camel's back for one VIP legend of the game some of us have had the pleasure of getting to know this last year” @dustyhunks Please tell me you’re not talking about Alex.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    benny100 said:
    This is how much WoH I played this weekend..... zero.... inline with what @dkarski87 said above - time to try something different and spend all those resources we have sitting around gathering dust in gold - u cant take it with you....

You made 4 of us jump the golden ship and possibly a 5th brother! 

@dustyhunks: Holy run on sentence batman.

Either way, I understood you. LOL

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited January 2020
    JTANDME said:

not i... anchoring down gold for the rest of time!
    JTANDME said:
    benny100 said:

I may have pushed your buttons, but I didn’t tap those buttons. :)
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
     For the record, noone deleted my post. I tried to break out each point into bullets (you are welcome @drsmartassphd )and when I saved it was flagged. Fitting trash forum for a trash game.

I regret nothing... I don't think diamond life will be for me but the point of going was the boredom I had in gold paired with the struggles I was having in 
    JTANDME said:

I regret nothing... I don't think diamond life will be for me but the point of going was the boredom I had in gold paired with the struggles I was having in 
    Worst that can happen is that you get back to the beginning in 2.5 months. Not a real risk this late in the year. Hope you enjoy it!
    side note... we miss you @Bigpredfan

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    WOH is great example of Glu taking something that could be fun and definitely was rewarding in the game for time spent on it and making it not fun and significantly less rewarding. If anyone still has 18 on their device take a look at the tiers and rewards for Monday or Wednesday. 5 tiers and a lot of premium XP plus a guarantee of at the very least a near top player for a reward. I stayed at gold last year once I was able to beat it consistently so I could stockpile for the run to the finish. 
    This weekend I decided to start marching toward Diamond in 19 because the WOH rewards just aren’t worth hanging around trying to consistently beat it in gold. Motivated in part by realizing that you no longer need gold and PXP/LXP to level up Diamond players. I’m now more than halfway through Platinum 5 and sitting on a good amount of gold. And I expect to be tapping my way to Diamond next bonus game day. My solo club also finished 9th in a difficult Majors bracket which was kind of fun.
    JTANDME said:
    side note... we miss you @Bigpredfan

:'( 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    That is an absolute dream lineup @ShoveItUpYoenis2

I would challenge anyone at Gold to post a better lineup than that 
    🤫

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

Down 9 and 10 runs should give out a 100% legend prize at the end of the level. But like many have pointed out Royale WOHs have never been easy, they dont want people cycling all weekend for resources. But this weekend is a total waste of time, for teams diamond and lower it sucks because you dont really play BGs and tournaments like we do so I see the frustration.

But at this point of the year, BETA drops in less then 30 days, why not move up. If WOH remains like this then there isn't any point in playing it anymore TBH. Go up, get the gold along the way, and spend on it xp and boxes. You dont need much to win BGS and tourneys at diamond. A few 380 SPs capped and your rolling. Enjoy the last 60 days or so and head up tiers.
    To piggy back on this slightly WOH isnt nearly the life blood of this game as it was in 2018.   It used to be the way get new players that were top tier and resources and it just hasnt been that kind of game for most of the year.  When HOF first dropped for prime players and legends like Scioscia and Rizzuto, those guys were top tier.  However it quickly got changed to having those guys be 20 OVR less then the higher tiered legends.   Regardless they have tweaked WOH even more the last few weeks to make it harder to cycle cleanly.

I guess what I am saying is if you are only playing this game for WOH, you are better off doing something else with your time and money.  There are other aspects like CVC and competing in club events which the game is catering too.  And those are more enjoyable in diamond.

• nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    edited January 2020
    dkarski87 said:

Down 9 and 10 runs should give out a 100% legend prize at the end of the level. But like many have pointed out Royale WOHs have never been easy, they dont want people cycling all weekend for resources. But this weekend is a total waste of time, for teams diamond and lower it sucks because you dont really play BGs and tournaments like we do so I see the frustration.

But at this point of the year, BETA drops in less then 30 days, why not move up. If WOH remains like this then there isn't any point in playing it anymore TBH. Go up, get the gold along the way, and spend on it xp and boxes. You dont need much to win BGS and tourneys at diamond. A few 380 SPs capped and your rolling. Enjoy the last 60 days or so and head up tiers.
    To piggy back on this slightly WOH isnt nearly the life blood of this game as it was in 2018.   It used to be the way get new players that were top tier and resources and it just hasnt been that kind of game for most of the year.  When HOF first dropped for prime players and legends like Scioscia and Rizzuto, those guys were top tier.  However it quickly got changed to having those guys be 20 OVR less then the higher tiered legends.   Regardless they have tweaked WOH even more the last few weeks to make it harder to cycle cleanly.

I guess what I am saying is if you are only playing this game for WOH, you are better off doing something else with your time and money.  There are other aspects like CVC and competing in club events which the game is catering too.  And those are more enjoyable in diamond.

Iiidk, for cvc to consistently kick a** its best to be silver, gold if you got the money... Past that Is insane $$