Today's HOF Prize

Comments

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    That was with a 40g boost 
    if you've only got brett at 16/16, don't get cute. boost him 80g every time against gibson.

for context, i've got brett/griffey at 20/20 and can get away with video boost about 65% of the time on him. safer for me to go 80g, but sometimes i try to hoard gold.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Has anyone beat it yet?  How hard is it?
    Has anyone beat it yet?  How hard is it?
    same difficulty as last monday - in the midst of my 3rd cycle...
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I think I am pleased to report moving to diamond over the weekend didnt kill WoH for me... won't be cycling like a madman today but happy I had a chance to give it a run and compare it to what gold was like last week

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    All I know is, they mostly listened to my post about adding stickers in the final level ha.  
    Just no.  
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    I think today's difficulty is appropriate. Its not too easy and not ridiculous like this past weekend. you still need top notch players with skills at least 14 with 80g boost to beat 6.10 babe; but its do-able.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    edited January 2020

Happy for you, Criffy.

I'm now 0-6 against Ruth, wasted 480 gold. I'm done.

4 of the six games were straight up 9 and outs.

The other two, I got to 7-6, men on second and third, with one prior cheat out up to that point. After getting in that situation both times, Ruth promptly curved me out twice to "win" each time. Each time they were benders that went through my guy. I was hoping he may be trying to walk the bases loaded to go for a DP, or try and put one in the OF to tie, but nope.

7 runs is a lot to makeup with the cheat setting on 60. If things were like they were last week (down 6-0 instead of 7-0) I no doubt would have cleared twice by now by winning in extras. Oh well, thems the breaks in the GLU money grab.

I'm out. Have a good one everyone.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts

Happy for you, Criffy.

The other two, I got to 7-6, men on second and third, with one prior cheat out up to that point. After getting in that situation both times, Ruth promptly curved me out twice to "win" each time. Each time they were benders that went through my guy. I was hoping he may be trying to walk the bases loaded to go for a DP, or try and put one in the OF to tie, but nope.

7 runs is a lot to makeup with the cheat setting on 60. If things were like they were last week (down 6-0 instead of 7-0) I no doubt would have cleared twice by now by winning in extras. Oh well, thems the breaks in the GLU money grab.

I’ve tried as well with Molitor and Bell with 16/16. Have spent three hours and about 2,000 in gold in boosts and restarts and I’ve gotten to within three runs only one time. Such a buzz kill! If this becomes the norm, I’ll have no problem walking away from this game. I thought I had found my sweet spot at gold level but it appears they want their players to move up. I’m not going to because that means more money, especially this late in the game.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Also, is it just me, or can anyone else no longer hit a HR off Ruth or Gibson? Harrah would usually hit 2-3 per round on Ruth.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Happy for you, Criffy.

I’ve tried as well with Molitor and Bell with 16/16. Have spent three hours and about 2,000 in gold in boosts and restarts and I’ve gotten to within three runs only one time. Such a buzz kill! If this becomes the norm, I’ll have no problem walking away from this game. I thought I had found my sweet spot at gold level but it appears they want their players to move up. I’m not going to because that means more money, especially this late in the game.
    @baseball2020 you don't need to move up. you just need to bump your skills for DOUBLE ALWAYS ON skills guys to 20/20. Molitor and Bell (not sure bell's skills) do not qualify

Also, is it just me, or can anyone else no longer hit a HR off Ruth or Gibson? Harrah would usually hit 2-3 per round on Ruth.
    @drsmartassphd their stuff is crazy good because they are 560s. i haven't hit a homer off gibson in forever.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I have done fairly well outside of one cycle where I bet I restarted 6 or 8 times on Ruth.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    criffy said:

Happy for you, Criffy.

@baseball2020 you don't need to move up. you just need to bump your skills for DOUBLE ALWAYS ON skills guys to 20/20. Molitor and Bell (not sure bell's skills) do not qualify

@drsmartassphd their stuff is crazy good because they are 560s. i haven't hit a homer off gibson in forever.
    Are they actually 560 this week. Lol
    @Bigpredfan oh yeah, they were 560 last week and the masses called shenanigans! i still cycled 12x haha
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Winning consistently as a Gold player is proving to be a bitch today.  My first attempt I came close, the. Got through second time around.

but now I’m unable to get through again.  

I had really hoped that spending the gold to level Pee Wee’s Skills way up would mitigate some of the inconsistency here, but so far, it appears that I’m falling a bit behind the curve (no pun intended)
  • 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts

• 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    Those were the days my friend!
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Got to Ruth, 7-6 lost vid restart 7-0. PeeWee 14/16 both 80g boost. Personally I think its time to put the game down. I know, I know PeeWee skills should be higher.

• WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    I see Glu has neutered the ATG bonuses today, looks like the value of these players has been greatly reduced for the remainder of TSB 19. This started last week, I was hoping it was an experiment that would end soon but it looks like the new norm.
    One more nail in the coffin ensuring I will not be back for 2020. Since the WS ended has Glu made any changes to make this game more fun? I feel like everything has sucked since then. The Blizzard tower was great, but they did that on Christmas when most people have limited time to play. 
    Seems they are counting 100% on people's addiction to bring them back for 2020 version, because they haven't provided any other ones.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Did you pull that Lowrie out of the retro mystery box @25Jackie??? I hear only the best of the best got that box!!!
    I see Glu has neutered the ATG bonuses today, looks like the value of these players has been greatly reduced for the remainder of TSB 19. This started last week, I was hoping it was an experiment that would end soon but it looks like the new norm.
    One more nail in the coffin ensuring I will not be back for 2020. Since the WS ended has Glu made any changes to make this game more fun? I feel like everything has sucked since then. The Blizzard tower was great, but they did that on Christmas when most people have limited time to play. 
    Seems they are counting 100% on people's addiction to bring them back for 2020 version, because they haven't provided any other ones.
    i think it has entirely to do with their LXP ecosystem. it's the last valuable resource that they have and i think they feel like too many people are hitting tier 9 in FP rewards.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I think the problem is, many of us enjoyed gold tier for all of 2018, and most of 2019.  Now the last few weeks, Glu has essentially told us we can't do that anymore.

I agree with those who say that Glu has the right to make it so that you have to advance through all of the levels.  But after playing the game for so long, changing the set up now kind of sucks.  On the plus side, I have no reason to continue playing in 2020, because I don't have the time to be a D6 cycler, and that's the only way to have a competitive diamond team.  These last couple months of TSB19 are my swan song, unless things change.  Which I don't expect or "demand," to be clear. It's just disappointing. 

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Winning consistently as a Gold player is proving to be a bitch today.  My first attempt I came close, the. Got through second time around.

but now I’m unable to get through again.  

I had really hoped that spending the gold to level Pee Wee’s Skills way up would mitigate some of the inconsistency here, but so far, it appears that I’m falling a bit behind the curve (no pun intended)
    this is going to sound insane....but those struggling...try a 40G boost instead of 80

I’m 2-4 with Pee Wee and a 40G and like 0-4 with an 80G
    edited January 2020
    @TheFullMonte interesting you says that, because the first week maybe when Ruth was put in. My Minoso lost the first time with 80g and i used a vid boost on the second go and won. I will try that. Look i just want to win once haha
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Thanks for the advice @criffy! By the way, who are you using for Ruth? I have Molitor and Bell who are 560 and I have Kingman who is double lefty skill but is 540. Is he worth leveling to get by Ruth?
    @baseball2020 i'm using peewee 20/20 for the babe. he's finishing around 50%. kingman is definitely worth going 20/20 to beat babe
    I'm 1 for 2 against the Babe with Pee Wee at g10 17/17, so it's definitely doable, unlike royale was this past weekend, where I was unable to get by 6.7 unless I wanted to use gold to unlock Griffey a couple times.
    Just no.  
    @FrankTheTank04 def seems doable. I’m not at work anymore so I can focus a bit more
    @slafrance2 Oh you got this then.  I'm about to attempt him again.
    Just no.  
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts

Happy for you, Criffy.

I dunno. I just finished my ninth cycle , 7 to go for a 16 cycle, cycle cap  B)
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    MoenPDC said:

Happy for you, Criffy.

I dunno. I just finished my ninth cycle , 7 to go for a 16 cycle, cycle cap  B)
    What a jerk comment, bro. Guy says he is struggling and you punk him with your success. Not everyone has the time and/or money to go diamond and level all the best players.  He’s just expressing his frustration. Patting yourself on the back isn’t the ideal response.