WOH HOF vs Royale

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
edited January 2020 in General TSB Discussion
I had a really tough time with WOH during the Royale this weekend and am wondering if HOF tomorrow will be as difficult. I was able to cycle 3 times on Friday and nothing after that. I have a D10 Harper LL (510) with 16/16 skills as my top guy vs RHP and D9 Gary Carter (547) with 16/16 skills as my top vs LHP. I can’t remember what last HOF was like at level 6, but was Gibson or Ruth at 6.10? I think we’ll probably see Hoffman at 6.9 or 6.10 tomorrow. 

Comments

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Further confirms this is all being set up for diamond only...

Thanks for the post.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I took four cracks at 6.10 this weekend with a D10 George Brett, skills at 20/20 and an 80 gold boost - went 0 for 4, scoring the following runs: 4, 7, 6, 0.  I cycle HOF easily every Monday and couldn't sniff a win this weekend.  Plus the rewards sucked, so I gave up and just focused on tourneys and bonus games.  If they change HOF to this format today, I probably won't even bother trying.   
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I took four cracks at 6.10 this weekend with a D10 George Brett, skills at 20/20 and an 80 gold boost - went 0 for 4, scoring the following runs: 4, 7, 6, 0.  I cycle HOF easily every Monday and couldn't sniff a win this weekend.  Plus the rewards sucked, so I gave up and just focused on tourneys and bonus games.  If they change HOF to this format today, I probably won't even bother trying.   
    That’s insane and total B.S. There has not been a player released this year better than that Brett against RHPs in the last rounds of WOH. If he can’t get it done at this point, then who can? Agreed that the rewards didn’t match the difficulty, so hopefully today’s HOF will be back to normal.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @SandlotGuru what are team hitting upgrades leveled to? Brett seems like He should have the best shot of anybody
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    @2003cobra - all team hitting upgrades are at 84/100 and KC pennants are at 80/100.  Up until this week Brett has been lights out on Monday HOF.  Today he's only 6 for 9 against Gibson, versus last week when he was 12 for 12.  Maybe I need to take the plunge and get my hitting upgrades maxed out?  IDK.
    That’s gonna take a ton of gold to boost the hitting upgrades but they are on sale today. I wonder how many guys have maxed out the hitting upgrades. I’m at the same levels as you 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    @2003cobra - all team hitting upgrades are at 84/100 and KC pennants are at 80/100.  Up until this week Brett has been lights out on Monday HOF.  Today he's only 6 for 9 against Gibson, versus last week when he was 12 for 12.  Maybe I need to take the plunge and get my hitting upgrades maxed out?  IDK.
    I just went through the biggest bunch of bullshit imaginable.

game absolutely refused to let me through 6.9 with the video restart in my pocket.  Brett went 0-4 against Gibson all the sudden.  Just bizarre outs.

video restart...and Brett absolutely hammers him.  Through with zero outs.

GLU works for ISIS

• likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Against 6.10 Babe
    Gary Carter maxed out.
    4 replays.
    Gold Boosts each time. 
    Couldn’t score 2 runs in any of them. 
    Pretty much sealed my decision for 2020. 
    Ball action off the bat completely different than any other time in the game. 
    Totally BS by GLU. 
    Really trying to push people away right before new version hits. 
    Most games make it easier and better at the end to entice and hook players especially since it doesn’t really matter, but not these idiots.
    Crappy game play and mediocre awards. 
    @likenight I couldn’t agree more. Glu needs to figure out how to kee is engaged instead of pushing us away. I’m not saying that it should be easy enough for everybody to do it but reducing the difficulty a little wouldn’t hurt. The more people that can beat it the more field passes they would probably sell. I’ve been itching to spend a little more on this game But glu won’t give me a reason to. I’m not chasing players or resources but I would buy a player if they put out some good ones for sale
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    They will probably go after solo CvC clubs and Season Mode next to strangle free resources. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    COWPILEY said:
    They will probably go after solo CvC clubs and Season Mode next to strangle free resources. 

Solo CVC clubs will already be really hard to build without people being able to club hop.  I got mine up to Platinum 4 before the cooldown.  In the time since cooldown went into effect, I've gotten up to...Platinum 5.  That's a lot of ball and gloves for one person to generate (especially someone who isn't a D6 cycler).

Season mode is already really hard for platinum and especially diamond teams.  I'm not sure they can make that any less appealing.  The kept pxp and lxp out of season rewards for a really long time, I assume that will remain the case next year. 

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Hope you are right about season mode as now that’s my only source of any decent amount of Lxp. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

Thanks for the post.

The whole game is set up for Diamond. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:

Thanks for the post.

The whole game is set up for Diamond. 
    In all fairness to Glu, shouldn’t it be?  

What if Super Mario World was set up for you to just play up to World 4, never trying to make it to World 8?

What if you stopped at the Mushroom Cup?  

Daniel Carr is a career minor leaguer in hockey. He plays in Nashville’s minor league system right now. He tried to make the team saying “No one dreams of playing in the AHL”. Diamond 6 is called Greatest of All Time for a reason. People want to be the greatest of all time. 

Glu should make it geared towards diamond. At diamond you have to decide, time or money. Time is money, so Glu wins with diamond players much more than career silver/gold teams. Not criticizing anyone for staying silver/gold, just not blaming Glu for making it geared towards diamond teams 

Yes, you mean diamond only.

I wish I had been told a few months ago that this was what was happening. I was told going gold would ease things up, and it did for a bit.

I was also told the prizes would increase as the year went on, the offerings would be better, and the ability to garner resources would be easier as well. None of this has panned out due to GLU being extremely greedy compared to years past. Reading all these stories about 18, etc, it is clear what is going on.

Thanks to this constant trolling, however, this fun habit was really easy to break. I hardly picked the game up all weekend (minus CvC) and will do the same from this point forward. No more farming, etc. And no more WoH.

This was an experience. I learned I'm still a sucker for some things.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

Yes, you mean diamond only.

I wish I had been told a few months ago that this was what was happening. I was told going gold would ease things up, and it did for a bit.

I was also told the prizes would increase as the year went on, the offerings would be better, and the ability to garner resources would be easier as well. None of this has panned out due to GLU being extremely greedy compared to years past. Reading all these stories about 18, etc, it is clear what is going on.

Thanks to this constant trolling, however, this fun habit was really easy to break. I hardly picked the game up all weekend (minus CvC) and will do the same from this point forward. No more farming, etc. And no more WoH.

This was an experience. I learned I'm still a sucker for some things.

We need a rehab forum for a lot of us 
    Lol. I honestly wish I could get my money back.

i do, however, appreciate the folks on this forum. So that will be the trade off for me.

All good, lesson learned, life goes on. Was hoping to enjoy the last few weeks, but GLU doesn’t want that to happen for you unless you are diamond and/or VIP.

First world problems lol

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Glu should make it geared towards diamond. At diamond you have to decide, time or money. Time is money, so Glu wins with diamond players much more than career silver/gold teams. Not criticizing anyone for staying silver/gold, just not blaming Glu for making it geared towards diamond teams 

You aren't gonna get it explained better then right there.   So even if you think you are F2P, the time portion suggests you aren't.   
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts

You aren't gonna get it explained better then right there.   So even if you think you are F2P, the time portion suggests you aren't.   
    Certainly  we can all agree on that.  I don't even want to know how many hours of my life I have wasted, but at least i can stop wasting money, too.  If I can do that, I can play a more casual game, and actually enjoy it again.