TSB 2020- playing? Expectations?

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    after 3 years my plan is to not play. I say plan because like many the itch to play will probably still be there. I like a lot of the changes this year (field pass, reduced level up cost, and gurantee box) but the changes to WOH really ruined it for me. I don’t like the change to 6 levels, and now with the increased difficulty for less than top players isn’t worth it. I loved it when it was Introduced in 17 and loved it last year. It seems like such a chore to play it that much and I just get bored after 1-2 cycles, especially winning a guy who doesn’t make my team 99% of the time. One of my biggest issues in 18 was the repeat players and it has only gotten worse this year with 3-4 versions of the same legend. 

A poster boy! I thought it was funny seeing you there, and I'm a little surprised to hear you aren't planning on playing next year. This is basically my first year playing, and I can't compare walk-off to previous years, but it's totally a chore with little enjoyment involved recently. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    after 3 years my plan is to not play. I say plan because like many the itch to play will probably still be there. I like a lot of the changes this year (field pass, reduced level up cost, and gurantee box) but the changes to WOH really ruined it for me. I don’t like the change to 6 levels, and now with the increased difficulty for less than top players isn’t worth it. I loved it when it was Introduced in 17 and loved it last year. It seems like such a chore to play it that much and I just get bored after 1-2 cycles, especially winning a guy who doesn’t make my team 99% of the time. One of my biggest issues in 18 was the repeat players and it has only gotten worse this year with 3-4 versions of the same legend. 

A poster boy! I thought it was funny seeing you there, and I'm a little surprised to hear you aren't planning on playing next year. This is basically my first year playing, and I can't compare walk-off to previous years, but it's totally a chore with little enjoyment involved recently. 
    I’m just a washed up has been lol. But seriously, my plan is to not play, but I in no way can guarantee it. I do enjoy the game but WOH was ruined. I didn’t like the 6 levels and them just making up rankings for pitchers and increasing the difficulty makes it even worse. It was the one event over the years you could get get a decent return for what you spent. I refuse to spend all day playing woh now which is a necessity it seems. Perhaps if they go back to the old walk off format (they won’t) I’d easily come back but I’m gonna ride out 19 and hopefully be done. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

I didn’t like the 6 levels and them just making up rankings for pitchers and increasing the difficulty makes it even worse. 
    I told @DFBB that it was messed up to have Babe at Diamond 3 and a rating over 560. It was deceiving to have him at Diamond 3. Imagine the outrage if it was D10 and 560?  We had worse than that for 3 hours. Deception killed that day for me. I would rather them have an experimental tower, like Blizzard, than mess with an existing tower 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I would gladly be a WoH test monkey for GLU if they made their intentions clear ahead of time and I knew it was in good faith to improve the game. I’d play and lose, provide feedback, etc. 

I built my entire team for that event, then GLU pulled the rug out while completely trolling us. That really chapped my ass. It is as if they take pleasure in screwing their customers, unless of course you fork over hundreds of dollars/hours and go diamond.

Irony there too being now even diamond players are skipping some of those events now too bc the prizes suck so hard.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I laughed very loud to the "That really chapped my ass" haha
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I just have no idea how I'd fit more time into my week for TSB (i.e., to go diamond and cycle D6).  So, I amend my prior answer and am now committed to not playing in 2019.  Although I'll probably still end up playing, dammit.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Yeah the reason I decided to stay gold in 19 is because I not being smart and knowing how to play went straight to Diamond. When i went diamond it just kicked my ass with all the bonus games etc. One awesome thing they did for 19 was FP and auto play, but im not spending money for that so it was no use to me this year.
    I do not understand why they don’t just offer auto-sim to everyone, especially for season mode, BG, etc. Relentlessly tapping that is just boring and mundane. I normally just stop at 2.5 mill for gold on weekdays bc the work isn’t worth it.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

I do not understand why they don’t just offer auto-sim to everyone, especially for season mode, BG, etc. Relentlessly tapping that is just boring and mundane. I normally just stop at 2.5 mill for gold on weekdays bc the work isn’t worth it.
    Because people will pay for it. That’s why
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    I told @DFBB that it was messed up to have Babe at Diamond 3 and a rating over 560. It was deceiving to have him at Diamond 3. Imagine the outrage if it was D10 and 560?  We had worse than that for 3 hours. Deception killed that day for me. I would rather them have an experimental tower, like Blizzard, than mess with an existing tower 
    I somehow got through that tower 3x. Not exactly sure how, but I did. Couldn't beat blizzard though in 8 tries against Walter J
  • 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    I Agree in 18 when you  won Woh . The player mattered. The player added value to your team.  Now as stated . The player does not make your team. Woh was my favorite day. Now Tsb is not my game of choice.  As they say can't  fix Stupid!!!

I didn’t like the 6 levels and them just making up rankings for pitchers and increasing the difficulty makes it even worse. 
    Absolutely 100%. It’s the deception that’s not right to me, and it was so clear what they did. It makes you go back and think what else they could have done along the way. Even yesterday he was still higher because his stuff rating was higher than my D10 Hoffman but was supposedly D3. It’s just not right. I knew this would happen when they made the changes To WOH
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I would gladly be a WoH test monkey for GLU if they made their intentions clear ahead of time and I knew it was in good faith to improve the game. I’d play and lose, provide feedback, etc. 

I built my entire team for that event, then GLU pulled the rug out while completely trolling us. That really chapped my ass. It is as if they take pleasure in screwing their customers, unless of course you fork over hundreds of dollars/hours and go diamond.

Irony there too being now even diamond players are skipping some of those events now too bc the prizes suck so hard.
    It seems like you already do this-maybe not lose on purpose though. Glu could go through your posts and get plenty of very detailed feedback. By far the most entertaining posts available especially when I have the extra time to read them. 
    PS I would rather be surrounded by smart asses  than jack asses!
    I promise I never lose on purpose. 

And I’ve had some really great experiences here and have stated so. 

Just seems like when they take a step forward, they immediately turn around and go two steps backward.

When the sequences become predictable, they need a change.

Either way, for the life of me I can’t understand why they can’t program the game to end a round with fair outs and no auto outs. It’s absurd.

• iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    How does one stay at gold? Do you just not play the playoffs?
    I am a weak-ass diamond player now because I just kept playing bonus games and playoffs to gain the rewards, not realizing I would run into EVO problems and start losing a lot of bonus games, tournament games, etc.
    Also, is WOH easier for gold players with capped hitters than diamond players with higher rated but not-capped players? I feel stupid not knowing the answers to these questions.
    Thanks
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    My biggest complaint about TSB isn't unique to '19. In general, TSB rewards activity and spending while casting aside anything remotely associated with skill. Rng-based boxes are cool, but I prefer to have events that give me some sense of control; events that simply don't show who's most willing spend time and/or money(or 'other' methods). I need a new carrot. I've got a few miles with the franchise so maybe, in terms of the fun factor, I've simply reached my shelf life. We'll see. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    My biggest complaint about TSB isn't unique to '19. In general, TSB rewards activity and spending while casting aside anything remotely associated with skill. Rng-based boxes are cool, but I prefer to have events that give me some sense of control; events that simply don't show who's most willing spend time and/or money(or 'other' methods). I need a new carrot. I've got a few miles with the franchise so maybe, in terms of the fun factor, I've simply reached my shelf life. We'll see. 
    The problem is they are a business and need to make money. Also, I think people who spend money should have the best teams and the best players. But I get your point, and i go back to woh last year. You won a good chunk of both xp, you won a good player and got a box to give you a chance at an even better player. On top of that that it was only 5 levels. I think the gurantee box took care if some of the issues but also odds could be better. In general there is too much randomness in the game. I don’t have the best team but definitely think my team should be better at cvc than it is, especially when I buy cvc edge and spend gold on top boosts to walk away with just garbage scores. I can deal with a lot of stuff, but as previously stated woh changes is the biggest issue I had and biggest reason why I don’t plan to move to 20.
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    edited January 2020
    DFBB said:
    I’m seeing a general commonality of what you’re saying here. There’s always a straw that breaks the camels back. I’m curious as to what specifically “turned” everyone off. It’s very recent that this happened. There are numerous big player going through this. Can you elaborate further?
    The problem is they are a business and need to make money. 
    I feel like a large problem is the game and the decisions made often feel like straight money grabs. I wish these guys would focus a little more on producing a product that makes people want to spend rather than focusing on how to squeeze more out of the lemon. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    The problem is they are a business and need to make money. 
    I feel like a large problem is the game and the decisions made often feel like straight money grabs. I wish these guys would focus a little more on producing a product that makes people want to spend rather than focusing on how to squeeze more out of the lemon. 
    I would agree with this as well. Far too often they try to hit a grand slam rather than slowly make changes. Just use woh as the example. That 680 Ruth. They could have just slowly made him harder rather than make him he’ll right away. Among other things. 
    DFBB said:
    Derby was the one place where I felt like skill was actually needed, and it had to be practiced to be better at it. 
    @cooldowncanadacubs the moment that it happened for me was a Monday when I went 0-9 in hof. I quit after that first hour and didn’t return for over a month-only logging in to collect vip rewards. The reason that day pushed me over the edge was due to the fact that I was getting at least 12 hof cycles any Monday that I had time to play-including the prior week. How can you cycle 12-14 times one week and can’t even do it once the following week? My wife played a tourney for me last week and I told her to do at least 25. She said 25 in a really high pitched voice like women do and we talked about how many games I’ve played. Then she asked why I still play this game and my answer was “I don’t know”. I’m tired of spending time and money only to continually get glued.  
    Let me just add that my diamond team just got smoked in cvc by a gold team-again. I know that we face the same pitchers and doesn’t make sense that his team should out perform mine. 
    edited January 2020
    So... where are the people looking forward to next year? What are you looking forward to? I know @MoenPDC is stoked for 2020, but haven't seen many other positive comments 😂
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    So... where are the people looking forward to next year? What are you looking forward to? I know @MoenPDC is stoked for 2020, but haven't seen many other positive comments 😂
    He will burn out. They all do. I did the diamond thing last year and half of this year.  He just hasn’t reached the end of his rope 
    Spring weather and getting outside to do anything besides tapping the days away
    He will burn out. They all do. I did the diamond thing last year and half of this year.  He just hasn’t reached the end of his rope 
    Ive basically been diamond Since September of 2017. Burning out isn’t the issue. To me it was just some of the changes I didn’t agree with. They made the woh change this year so late I was already invested. Knowing it’s 6 levels again will make it much easier for me not to start. 
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    I am looking forward to TSB20. I think thorough feedback has been provided via this forum, and other communication means, as to what we'd like to see. And while it seems most feedback falls on deaf ears, I don't believe all of it does. I believe feedback given caused some very positive changes in TSB19.. the removal of gold as a leveling resource in Diamond, keepers, and the pity timer being among the best. Of course there are also lots of negatives toward the end of this version that don't align with how fun & exciting TSB18 was at its end (WOH specifically) and I hope they are taking notes & we see a much better structure where reward level equals difficulty level.
    JCAM80 said:
    I believe feedback given caused some very positive changes in TSB19.. the removal of gold as a leveling resource in Diamond, keepers, and the pity timer being among the best. 

“Are you sure you want to ignore @JCAM80?”
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

DFBB said:
    I’m seeing a general commonality of what you’re saying here. There’s always a straw that breaks the camels back. I’m curious as to what specifically “turned” everyone off. It’s very recent that this happened. There are numerous big player going through this. Can you elaborate further?

@CanadaCubs People have often asked me what it would take for me to step away. I still love the hell out of the game. Even though I've decided to no longer be 'competitive,' I still play here and there on my own. Anyways, a culture of cheating is what ultimately changed my tune. To each their own, but that's not my idea of fun.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.