ATG Nerf

retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

What happened to the days of Ted and Lou earning 150k per, and being the highest bonus players of each event? Why have all time greats been so devalued recently? I feel like I've been totally ripped off with Yogi 😵 no, Glu, I will not buy more boxes to make up for these missing points. You can suck on a glustick 😏 
"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Makes me glad I quit even more 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Was wondering the same thing was hoping to crack the top 10 today with yogi. Instead I put up 2.5 mil tier progress and done ✅. 
    This late in the year they gotta give us more incentive to chase  atg’s... being a top bonus player was that extra incentive. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Makes it easy to not want to level them again since they are pain to level to begin with.   And yeah the ploy is buy boxes instead 
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Guessing its also to diminish the number of players reaching the lxp milestones in the fieldpass.
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    its also diminishing the amount of time i play this game. I'm just waiting for 2020 to build a new team, this game is so dry now,
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Definitely diminishes the amount of gold I will spend trying to win main event in Cooperstown.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    One word: Bull shit. 
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Yup. Peed me off when I am in the middle of field pass last week and they dropped the points on hank to 50,000. Well I didn’t buy FP on the weekend or for this week and don’t plan on it. 😝
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    One word: Bull shit. 
    Two words. This **** sucks 
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    edited January 2020
    https://www.gifyourgame.com/ShiestThenarColephelps

Getting pretty good at rocket league with all that free time now tho
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Why were they nerfed? Because I got one (Yogi).
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Thanks, @buddydave 😂
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Huh? What persecution complex?  :|
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Guessing its also to diminish the number of players reaching the lxp milestones in the fieldpass.

Thought this too initially but after some discussion and thinking some more it was pointed out that they could just enable the CvC requirement if they really wanted to do this. The more likely explanation with diminished bonus points and ATG's being 1 part of the super bonus yesterday while there is no longer a Spotlight box to waste gold on is that Glu wants you to spend on the daily boxes. Or rather, wants the whales that dump huge sums of money on the game to keep feeding their addiction and line Glu's pockets while turning up their nose at the grinders and f2p/casual players. It's no mistake regardless of what the reason.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    It's been my observation that things are always fluid with GLU. To be specific, they have ideas and test them through trial and error. If things are not to their liking(i.e. the numbers don't add up), they simply adjust accordingly. In this particular case, there weren't enough boxes being bought and that was an indirect result of the ATG club bonuses. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    We all know it’s a money grab. But for the majority of us, making worse boxes and getting rid of bonuses won’t incentive people. The last box I used gold for was the double trouble George Brett box. There’s a hint in there of what will motivate me to spend
    DFBB said:
    there weren't enough boxes being bought and that was an indirect result of the ATG club bonuses. 
    It's because I spent all of my gold and lxp chasing/leveling the atg 😭😂 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    It's been my observation that things are always fluid with GLU. To be specific, they have ideas and test them through trial and error. If things are not to their liking(i.e. the numbers don't add up), they simply adjust accordingly. In this particular case, there weren't enough boxes being bought and that was an indirect result of the ATG club bonuses. 
    Trial and error for sure. Last year they weren’t really counted on as bonus players ever. This year they were the top bonuses every day. 

Like Billy Joel, we don’t know why they go to extremes. If they had just been low bonuses from the beginning people would have been happy 
    DFBB said:
    Trial and error for sure. Last year they weren’t really counted on as bonus players ever. This year they were the top bonuses every day. 

Like Billy Joel, we don’t know why they go to extremes. If they had just been low bonuses from the beginning people would have been happy 
    right this could be said about a few things.  For instance having an lxp tower in royale for a couple weeks and then yanking it away.   If you start high and go down there's gonna be a problems with a lot of your users.
    Maybe not the right spot to put this but I am too lazy to make a new thread.

But I will just say the sudden change in not making a Yogi a bonus player this week and going forward is an annoyance for me.  Technically nothing wrong was done but its deceitful in the sense that they clearly flipped on their pattern.   I figured since Paige was introduced he would get 2 weeks of a weekend Cooperstown rewards before he would replace Yogi in the box.   I assumed that because its been the pattern.  Therefore I left my Yogi at D9 and planned to cap him this weekend and waited in case I got re pull from a gift or cvc because its no secret thats a massive savings in diamond.  However its clear that Yogi is done being a bonus based on patterns the last two days so thats pretty unfortunate for me.   I know a couple others in my club affected as well.

Again I'll reiterate that Glu did nothing wrong, it just comes across as deceitful based on previous patterns.
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Yogi has been a bonus for about 3 weeks which has typically been the trend. I knew Sunday would be his last last day. The real sham was how they all dropped to 50k per hit bonuses after Gehrig when it used to be 150k as the OP stated.
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Yogi has been a bonus for about 3 weeks which has typically been the trend. I knew Sunday would be his last last day. The real sham was how they all dropped to 50k per hit bonuses after Gehrig when it used to be 150k as the OP stated.
    Yogi was a Bonus player Monday for WoH.  I'm not sure about yesterday as I didn't play much. 
    The trend has been there's always been 2 as bonuses at a time, and they have always been Cooperstown rewards for 2 weekends before being in boxes available to all.   When Paige appeared after one week, which hasnt yet happened, I knew I was probably in trouble.  Again I have no one to blame but myself for assuming.  Just pointing this out as maybe it will help others down the road
    I've become accustomed to 4 weeks. 2 weeks as the "new guy," then 2 weeks as the "old guy." For example, Hank spent 2 weeks with Lou and 2 weeks with Yogi 🤷🏻‍♂️ (if my memory is correct)
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Maybe not the right spot to put this but I am too lazy to make a new thread.

But I will just say the sudden change in not making a Yogi a bonus player this week and going forward is an annoyance for me.  Technically nothing wrong was done but its deceitful in the sense that they clearly flipped on their pattern.   I figured since Paige was introduced he would get 2 weeks of a weekend Cooperstown rewards before he would replace Yogi in the box.   I assumed that because its been the pattern.  Therefore I left my Yogi at D9 and planned to cap him this weekend and waited in case I got re pull from a gift or cvc because its no secret thats a massive savings in diamond.  However its clear that Yogi is done being a bonus based on patterns the last two days so thats pretty unfortunate for me.   I know a couple others in my club affected as well.

Again I'll reiterate that Glu did nothing wrong, it just comes across as deceitful based on previous patterns.
    I've always said that there's no skill in tsb, but being able to plan ahead is important in staying ahead of the curve. Today, guys that do more than mindlessly tap a screen was shown the finger.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @Mattattack Exact same issue as you have with my Yogi sitting at D9. Stinks.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    personally, i think they may have messed up the timing of atg releases and have too many to release before 2020 is out so that's why they are shortening the bonus life. but who knows?
    At this point im not leveing anymore of them so it is what it is.  LXP is still hard and their bonus points are nerfed like the OP said.  So as a guy in diamond, they've made my decision for me in that respect
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts

criffy said:
    personally, i think they may have messed up the timing of atg releases and have too many to release before 2020 is out so that's why they are shortening the bonus life. but who knows?

I think they definitely messed up the timing. Especially if they are going to have a Babe Ruth or a Mickey Mantle or similar (Ty Cobb?). How much fun can you have with those players if they are released a month before 2020 drops, as opposed to if they were released say 6 months ago?
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    I was holding my breath, hoping Yogi would be a weekend discount player one more week. When Monday rolled around, and I saw he was a bonus player, I breathed a sigh of relief. Then BOOM. He’s gone. Oh well, at least I’m Gold. I can’t even imagine what Diamond players are feeling.