Let's go ahead and shut her down....

ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
Really?!? The same rewards as this past weekend's rewards for Royale and those players don't even get bonus points... Might as well shut this game down because you devs obviously don't care anymore. What a waste of time, money, space and air! All it is, is unimaginative laziness. 

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Reality is a bitch

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I remember a time when Slugfest used to be a fun event, and they've successfully ruined that.

But WOH has been 90% of what people actually care about in this game for a long time. Seems like a bold strategy to ruin everyone's favorite part about the game. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I remember a time when Slugfest used to be a fun event, and they've successfully ruined that.

But WOH has been 90% of what people actually care about in this game for a long time. Seems like a bold strategy to ruin everyone's favorite part about the game. 

It does seem that nobody at Glue realizes WOH is everyone's favorite event.  Which, let's be honest, is classic Glu. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Shut this thing down...wow!!! They changed the reward tower... believe it or not it was better with last weekend's rewards. How can you go from bad to worse to ugly to oh my gosh what hell is that!!!
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Seems to me so many guys complain about getting stuck on woh and want to pay gold to restart.  Perhaps this is their solution, an easy WOH with weak rewards.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    I don't care about difficulty as much as I care about playing for a good player with good skills. Make me want to spend the gold to cycle for that 560 switch hitting legend with double late innings skills.
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    edited January 2020
    I don't care about difficulty as much as I care about playing for a good player with good skills. Make me want to spend the gold to cycle for that 560 switch hitting legend with double late innings skills.
    I would put up with a 10 level tower for that good of a reward. I would enjoy it a lot more too even if I could only beat it once. (I know that is extreme, but trying to illustrate a point)
    This should only be 5 levels but whatever. I have no desire to clear it again.

Feels good to know this habit is done! 

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    See you next week @drsmartassphd when they drop the difficulty again and offer better rewards. lol

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    See you next week @drsmartassphd when they drop the difficulty again and offer better rewards. lol

Oh definitely. If it’s worth playing, I will.
    I know you are hitting me with a “gotcha” here, but the reality is I would have normally played all day had the game been winnable and fun. Yesterday, I didn’t. Only cleared twice. I’m done with the obsession. A month ago I would have put in hours for Royale. That’s how much I liked WoH.

I have also quit farming gold, video achievements, etc.

My job allows me the ability to be on that game all day if I choose. In the past two weeks, I’ve cut my time on this game by over 90%.

As I stated prior, I’ve been conned this year, so I will try to play what I can, IF available. No point in quitting 100% now after the investment/ripoff.

If Monday comes out to be another GLU FU to their customers below diamond, I simply won’t play. Anyone with a modicum of common sense knows what’s going on now. They’ve pissed a lot of people off. It’s not like I’m alone here.

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Seems like lots of people quitting or playing way more casually rest of year for both the d6 cyclers and the loyal gold WOH fans. I guess time has run its course on how much they have made this game a grind. Still debating on whether I'm back next year. Will probably download the app, but will likely make no effort on being "competitive" nor spend much aside from the stadium investment.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    criffy said:
     will likely make no effort on being "competitive" nor spend much aside from the stadium investment.
    Exactly what I'm aiming for 😬 I might spend more time manually playing season mode when I'm bored than anything else tbh 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I can see why you guys are hooked. This really is a great game/concept.

Greed always ruins everything 

• nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts

Sucks but it happens. Lemme know if you find a good mobile game with all your newfound free time... 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited January 2020

Sucks but it happens. Lemme know if you find a good mobile game with all your newfound free time... 
    I never was a “phone game” player until Tsb and I’m kinda still not as this is the only game I play. During my month long hiatus of deleting the ap I tried other games mlb 9 innings, mlb perfect inning, madden and few others. They are all now deleted but madden was the closest to hooking me there were some similarities as far as building a team, pack openings some league events. I honestly just found it overwhelming, confusing and a lot of work. While playing madden and the other baseball games I found myself saying if they would just do this or that like Tsb this game would be better. So for all that’s wrong with Tsb all the complaining we do..  it actually might be the best game out there.... concept wise anyway. Concept is great they have just got to somehow look at the game through the eyes of their customers. Become a fan!! Be as passionate about the game as we are! Don’t be so damn greedy! And for gods sake hire a damn quality control!!
    It’s just so unfortunate they are so out of touch with their customer base and I’m not even sure they are MLB fans..  Great game tho! 

I never was a “phone game” player until Tsb and I’m kinda still not as this is the only game I play. During my month long hiatus of deleting the ap I tried other games mlb 9 innings, mlb perfect inning, madden and few others. They are all now deleted but madden was the closest to hooking me there were some similarities as far as building a team, pack openings some league events. I honestly just found it overwhelming, confusing and a lot of work. While playing madden and the other baseball games I found myself saying if they would just do this or that like Tsb this game would be better. So for all that’s wrong with Tsb all the complaining we do..  it actually might be the best game out there.... concept wise anyway. Concept is great they have just got to somehow look at the game through the eyes of their customers. Become a fan!! Be as passionate about the game as we are! Don’t be so damn greedy! And for gods sake hire a damn quality control!!
    It’s just so unfortunate they are so out of touch with their customer base and I’m not even sure they are MLB fans..  Great game tho! 
    Ive  tried them games just to curb the boredom when iquit (never realized how much time I spent playing tsb till I  had nothing to do for 80% of my waking hours. Also was never a mobile gamer, prefer the 360 or pc. Sucks they wanna ruin this game, but there's plenty others out there 👍
    @nwaredstar77 right that’s exactly what I experienced! I was like damn I got all this time now which was nice...but to much time to pass is a bad thing especially at work. 🤢  I’m still not playing at near the capacity I was before deleting but just enough to keep me from getting the shakes 😳😂
    I don’t play console or pc games my kids (brats) have xbox, ps4 and Nintendo switch. I grew up on the original Nintendo and Atari. I’m old lol 

This game was perfect for me because my job is VERY much a typical office/constant admin type job where I am constantly in systems all day going through data, etc. This allowed me time to farm gold all day. Also allowed me to sim seasons quickly, play every round of CvC, etc.

The likelihood of me finding another mobile app is now very slim. I do have other great hobbies, one of which I can do anytime work slows down.

I work out, run, bike ride, and own plenty of guns and guitars. I also have two kids with very busy social lives. Trust me, I'll be fine without TSB constantly trolling me. It was very fun until I it became VERY clear this is just a money grab to GLU. Now I'll have fun here until 2019 is over. My current investment dictates I see it through, even though it is clearly a crappier final few months compared to the older versions.

@mythicaldragon: you and I have a lot in common here. I bought an old school Nintendo last year bc my old one broke. I am going to bust that out again soon.

You ever watch the Angry Nintendo Nerd videos?  I'd love for that dude to download this app and play it for a while to see his reaction.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

My current investment dictates I see it through, even though it is clearly a crappier final few months compared to the older versions.

I'm curious. Can you explain why you feel compelled to finish things out?
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Well, when you consider in six months I've farmed well over 300K in gold, I've paid WAY more to a mobile app than I care to admit, as well as the fact that I built a great team, I may as well see it through. To me, this is similar to joining a team, any team, and quitting mid-season. That's dumb. See it through.

My expectations are VERY low.  You will also see less of me playing WoH, so I won't be whining. LOL

In the last week, I've landed Hank and I just now got Raja. I will slowly but surely level them up and try them out.

Well, when you consider in six months I've farmed well over 300K in gold, I've paid WAY more to a mobile app than I care to admit, as well as the fact that I built a great team, I may as well see it through. To me, this is similar to joining a team, any team, and quitting mid-season. That's dumb. See it through.

My expectations are VERY low.  You will also see less of me playing WoH, so I won't be whining. LOL

In the last week, I've landed Hank and I just now got Raja. I will slowly but surely level them up and try them out.

I asked because I've actually seen many share a similar story where they're done with tsb, but simply want to finish things out. Maybe I'm being overly simplistic, but if I wasn't having fun, I'd move on. There is nothing to 'finish' or 'see through.' When '20 officially launches, there will be no fireworks for '19; you can continue to pass 'GO,' but there will be nothing to collect. 

Find different things that you like to do in the game. You ever cycle slugfest? If you're still gold or less then you can actually find a match in hrb, i use to love wrecking people in hrb when I was bored. I'd play till I had to wait over 1 minute in que... Loved beating the same guy 3 or so times within 5 minutes then not seeing him again 😈 but yeah theres other aspects to the game, I personally got very interested in the shadier side of the community/game.... But hey, needed some way to keep me interested in the game

Loved beating the same guy 3 or so times within 5 minutes then not seeing him again 😈
    This is the main reason I'm pumped about '20!
    @DFBB often wondered that myself... People say they don't like the game or not going to play yet the next day they're back playing. Dont talk about it, be about it. 
    DFBB said:

I asked because I've actually seen many share a similar story where they're done with tsb, but simply want to finish things out. Maybe I'm being overly simplistic, but if I wasn't having fun, I'd move on. There is nothing to 'finish' or 'see through.' When '20 officially launches, there will be no fireworks for '19; you can continue to pass 'GO,' but there will be nothing to collect. 

Exactly. I'm just continuing on. Not expecting much more from 2019 other than status quo. It's just a shame how they ran this juggernaut into the ground this year. I'll just keep plugging along hoping that the end to 2019 will go out with a bang like last year and if it doesn't it won't surprise me. I'll just go into 2020 with my 2 position players and 1 pitcher as keepers and keep out a little hope that things will get better. I just love the concept of this game too much to let it go. It's sad that Glu refuses to relate to players like all of us on this forum. I play this game not to try to be the best ( that'll never happen because imo that's a bad investment in spending money on a mobile game especially when they have ways of giving you free currency with videos). I love playing for the team building aspect that's the biggest reason why I play and the mystery boxes are like opening up a pack of baseball cards and when you get that ATG it's like getting that hot rookie autograph card. I'll never compete on the higher levels and I'm okay with that. That's not really my goal never has been. The people at Glu imo seems to have ostracized people like ourselves that love the concept and most of you have which invested money in this game have done so because you love and believe in the concept. I think Glu owes us more than what they gave us this year.

@mythicaldragon: you and I have a lot in common here. I bought an old school Nintendo last year bc my old one broke. I am going to bust that out again soon.

You ever watch the Angry Nintendo Nerd videos?  I'd love for that dude to download this app and play it for a while to see his reaction.

Cool! Yeah I’m sucker for the classics very nostalgic brings good memories. I still have my original Nintendo but replaced my Atari. I don’t play them often but are in the game room ready to go. ✅
    I am not familiar with angry Nintendo nerd but will check it out 👍🏻. Agree would love for an avid gamer to come in a play this game and give a full review on YouTube or something. A fresh take opinion would be cool cuz I think we all may be a bit bitter towards Tsb at times. Rightfully so tho lol