Best Keepers in the Game for 2020

blueprintsblueprints Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
Given that TSB 2020 is around the corner, which 3 keepers (unless that changes) are you taking with you into next year? A lot of complaining lately (myself included) over how dry this year’s game has become so I’m trying to be optimistic. 

Who is the best of the best this year?
Prev1

Comments

• blueprintsblueprints Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    I should have mentioned who I like...

A few solid guys but I must say that although he isn’t the most powerful hitter, the Chipper Jones legend today is a strong one.... 3B / B / RISP & ROB.... pretty good and rare stats combined for a player. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Depending on where maxes end at, but 2 of these guys Brett Pee Wee or Yogi for me. 
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Yogi for sure for me. 2nd batter I’m not sure yet
  • blueprintsblueprints Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    Yogi will definitely be one of them as well. I just got him recently but won’t invest anything in him since I have Gary Carter maxed and 20/20 skills. Not invest a penny in Yogi will make me value him even more as a keeper next year. Higher ROI lol

• MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Yogi will definitely be one of them as well. I just got him recently but won’t invest anything in him since I have Gary Carter maxed and 20/20 skills. Not invest a penny in Yogi will make me value him even more as a keeper next year. Higher ROI lol

That’s my plan as well. This forum would have a panic attack if I invested in yogi at this point. Giving my current situation.
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    I wouldn’t even think about anyone until after beta is released. There will be better players. Also, ATGs don’t matter as keepers. To make this as simple as possible, when you’re about to play 2020, bring forward your 2 best batters.  It’s ridiculous to start planning now
  • sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    for me it will be yogi and lou  and g.perry as my pitcher
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I'll find out in April..
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    One of my keepers this year turned out to be someone I got at the very end last year, they pushed out some high max bxp players... my team suchs so good chance I'll follow that hopeful theory
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    While new/better players will inevitably come along between now and the launch of '20, this is something I think about too. On a global scale, I think Yogi's is most obvious choice(he'll be a 600 max C with ideal skills). After that, it's probably Lou, but I doubt he'll make the final cut. 

Here's my current keeper rankings:

1)Yogi
    2)Lou
    3)Hank
    4)Ted

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Here are the three keepers to keep 💰💰💰, in your wallet not handing it over to Glu
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Here are the three keepers to keep 💰💰💰, in your wallet not handing it over to Glu
    Truer words were never spoken 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Hamilton, Jackson, and Benjamin. They are my keepers 
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Disagree with MOB being an ideal skill, but a 600 LHB C is pretty tough to turn away. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    fatDaddy said:
    Disagree with MOB being an ideal skill, but a 600 LHB C is pretty tough to turn away. 

It's probably the most multi-functional skill, in terms of all game modes.  He is a beast against any righty in WOH, and is a capable closer even when there are no men on base to start the inning.  Given the prevalence of RHPs in CVC, his skills are both on almost all of the time.  And his skills are both on during prime, bonus and tourney games a good portion of the time.  It's pretty rare when he doesn't have at least one skill active.   

It's hard to think of a better skill combination when considering all game modes. 

Why does everyone call "runners on base" MOB instead of ROB? That really bothers me 😂
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Like, I've never seen someone refer to RISP as MISP 🤔
    To be more politically correct @retirepujols, it should be “Human in Scoring Position” or “Human on Base”. 
  • STAYB8KEDDSTAYB8KEDD Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    If your main interest is WOH wouldn’t you take George Brett or Griffey over Yogi?  

Wouldn’t they be the same overall as keepers next year? Till they pass 540 at least.

idk how keepers stats work lol be easy on me. 
    We’re not at end game yet. Stop thinking about it. Seriously. 
    If your main interest is WOH wouldn’t you take George Brett or Griffey over Yogi?  

Wouldn’t they be the same overall as keepers next year? Till they pass 540 at least.

We don’t know what the highest overall will be. Currently we’re at 560. We could finish at 600. Who knows. But it’s really not time to think about keepers
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts

Yogi will likely end up at 600 OVR where as the other 2 obviously stop at 540
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    We’re not at end game yet. Stop thinking about it. Seriously. 
    Ok fine...

until tomorrow 

We don’t know what the highest overall will be. Currently we’re at 560. We could finish at 600. Who knows. But it’s really not time to think about keepers
    This still doesn’t answer the question.It might not be the time for you but I’ve been thinking about “keepers” since I pulled John Kruk.. Maybe cause it’s my first year lol. 

Yogi will likely end up at 600 OVR where as the other 2 obviously stop at 540
    But when they are at the same level wouldn’t you want a player with both skills on. Again only for woh and at that point he will be relevant throughout the year. 
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    Why does everyone call "runners on base" MOB instead of ROB? That really bothers me 😂
    Drives me nuts lol
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

This still doesn’t answer the question.It might not be the time for you but I’ve been thinking about “keepers” since I pulled John Kruk.. Maybe cause it’s my first year lol. 

Don't worry, you're not the only one that thinks about these things. It's, call me crazy, but fun! 

To answer your question, if keepers work the same way for '20, there will be a 'keeper factor.' For example, this year, they started at 60% of their max rating. That means if you have a 600 max player, they will be a 360 to start the year whereas a 540 will only be a 324 max. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    So, currently there are no keepers that would be relevant. We will see double max righties and lefties. 
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    So, currently there are no keepers that would be relevant. We will see double max righties and lefties. 

I disagree, Yogi may not be a WoH closer but he's an awesome keeper option as a lefty catcher with great skills who will end the year at the highest overall possible.
    DFBB said:

Don't worry, you're not the only one that thinks about these things. It's, call me crazy, but fun! 

To answer your question, if keepers work the same way for '20, there will be a 'keeper factor.' For example, this year, they started at 60% of their max rating. That means if you have a 600 max player, they will be a 360 to start the year whereas a 540 will only be a 324 max. 
    Thank you! I did not know that. I understand why everyone says yogi