TSB 2020- playing? Expectations?

Comments

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    DFBB said:

DFBB said:
    My biggest complaint about TSB isn't unique to '19. In general, TSB rewards activity and spending while casting aside anything remotely associated with skill. Rng-based boxes are cool, but I prefer to have events that give me some sense of control; events that simply don't show who's most willing spend time and/or money(or 'other' methods). I need a new carrot. I've got a few miles with the franchise so maybe, in terms of the fun factor, I've simply reached my shelf life. We'll see. 
    I’m seeing a general commonality of what you’re saying here. There’s always a straw that breaks the camels back. I’m curious as to what specifically “turned” everyone off. It’s very recent that this happened. There are numerous big player going through this. Can you elaborate further?

@CanadaCubs People have often asked me what it would take for me to step away. I still love the hell out of the game. Even though I've decided to no longer be 'competitive,' I still play here and there on my own. Anyways, a culture of cheating is what ultimately changed my tune. To each their own, but that's not my idea of fun.
    I get the cheating aspect.  But that has and will always be a part of the game. I’ve definitely vocalized that throughout my time here. I’ve cheated on more than several accounts last year. I guess I still don’t see your argument 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    DFBB said:

DFBB said:
    My biggest complaint about TSB isn't unique to '19. In general, TSB rewards activity and spending while casting aside anything remotely associated with skill. Rng-based boxes are cool, but I prefer to have events that give me some sense of control; events that simply don't show who's most willing spend time and/or money(or 'other' methods). I need a new carrot. I've got a few miles with the franchise so maybe, in terms of the fun factor, I've simply reached my shelf life. We'll see. 
    I’m seeing a general commonality of what you’re saying here. There’s always a straw that breaks the camels back. I’m curious as to what specifically “turned” everyone off. It’s very recent that this happened. There are numerous big player going through this. Can you elaborate further?

@CanadaCubs People have often asked me what it would take for me to step away. I still love the hell out of the game. Even though I've decided to no longer be 'competitive,' I still play here and there on my own. Anyways, a culture of cheating is what ultimately changed my tune. To each their own, but that's not my idea of fun.
    I get the cheating aspect.  But that has and will always be a part of the game. I’ve definitely vocalized that throughout my time here. I’ve cheated on more than several accounts last year. I guess I still don’t see your argument 
    You're right in that cheating will always occur on some level. However, the culture I speak of is the acceptance of such things both from the top and at the community level. I'm not here to argue or convince anyone differently. These are just my observations, my opinions and as I've alluded, likely a minority opinion. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

@DFBB I’m sincerely interested in your comments on this topic. What do you mean by a “culture of cheating”? How are people cheating in TSB19? Are you suggesting that the top teams and clubs get that way through cheating?
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

DFBB said:

You're right in that cheating will always occur on some level. However, the culture I speak of is the acceptance of such things both from the top and at the community level. I'm not here to argue or convince anyone differently. These are just my observations, my opinions and as I've alluded, likely a minority opinion. 
    I knew cheating was going on. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited January 2020
    I enjoy a good cheat here and there 👀 I've spent too much time and money on the game, I don't mind some freebies if and when I can get them. Unfortunately, I need to find out about the good ones before they're patched/people get jailed for them. That may just be me, but I don't really respect this game anymore. Not a whole lot of reasons for me to respect it 🤷🏻‍♂️ this game cheats us constantly, so why not 😂
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited January 2020
    this game cheats us constantly
    This. And I'm not referring to doc's "cheat" outs theory

1. Oops we need to restart has costed me so much this year in terms of time, gold and resources. 
    2. They constantly change rules on a whim. Cool down implemented midseason to try to restore value in evo, damaging the community big time. Changing woh towers from 5 to 6 levels, then 6 to 7
    3. You hit a button by accident (#1 draft picks for example) and they refuse to refund you your resources
    4. Player changes after release
    5. Taking back Larry bowa

What else am I missing, I'm sure a bunch of you can spew some more out.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Remember my gold farming thread? That, IMO, is another example.

I was not getting hundreds of gold daily I earned due to constant glitches with the new update. They asked me to help. I did. After I went through the effort to help, they trolled the shit out of me. I was told by the usual suspects here I was just whining and should buy gold. I should have quit then.

Speaking of farming gold, I recently broke that habit too. Only logging in now for CvC. One I finish this current season mode, I won’t do that anymore either. 

I already know I won’t play today bc they completely destroyed WoH Royale.

This habit was easier to break than I thought it would be.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Horse42 said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

@DFBB I’m sincerely interested in your comments on this topic. What do you mean by a “culture of cheating”? How are people cheating in TSB19? Are you suggesting that the top teams and clubs get that way through cheating?
    Dont want to speak for him but essentially from my perspective both Glu and the community are both to blame for this.   I think Glu enables the community and in turn the community enables Glu to react a certain way.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    If the cheaters are high rollers, nothing will change.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    criffy said:
    this game cheats us constantly
    This. And I'm not referring to doc's "cheat" outs theory

1. Oops we need to restart has costed me so much this year in terms of time, gold and resources. 
    2. They constantly change rules on a whim. Cool down implemented midseason to try to restore value in evo, damaging the community big time. Changing woh towers from 5 to 6 levels, then 6 to 7
    3. You hit a button by accident (#1 draft picks for example) and they refuse to refund you your resources
    4. Player changes after release
    5. Taking back Larry bowa

What else am I missing, I'm sure a bunch of you can spew some more out.
    One that really set me off was when I got the rare pitcher pull from a box a while ago, but because all of the SPs were locked in my rotation, I just lost the guy.  CS repaid me with 3 more boxes.  CS also knew about the problem and how to avoid it, but it was days or weeks later before we got a note in the news section telling us about that problem and how to avoid it.

Another is the changing of bonus players....changing guys out or adding/removing them hours into an event.

I played part of last year, stayed gold, and spent some $.  This year I was convinced to try diamond (because of what I read here...the forums have some pros/cons) and I spent a lot more $ than last year.  There are some things I enjoy (an active club made it fun again—thanks guys—, but also led to me spending more $) about diamond but it’s just consuming way too much time and $ for me to enjoy it, not to mention all of the problems already mentioned. If I play in 2020, I don’t think I’ll be going beyond silver or gold, but most likely I’ll just play the 2019 version, if anything.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I will be playing next year for sure. The one thing I am not quite sure of is how high I will progress my team (Silver, Gold, or Diamond). I jumped to Diamond fairly quickly this year and don’t much regret it. It has been a grind to keep up with the success of many teams that are still in gold though. I feel gold is the sweet spot because it wouldn’t be too difficult to max out upgrades and pennants. I actually love being in Diamond, but when Silver and Gold teams are demolishing me in CVC when they have a maxed Silver bonus guys, but my same bonus guys are only at P10 or D1, it can get frustrating. I know the benefits of being in Diamond, but there are many players who can easily cycle cap in WOH at Gold. It doesn’t take nearly as many cycles to cap them, that’s for sure. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I will be playing next year for sure. The one thing I am not quite sure of is how high I will progress my team (Silver, Gold, or Diamond). I jumped to Diamond fairly quickly this year and don’t much regret it. It has been a grind to keep up with the success of many teams that are still in gold though. I feel gold is the sweet spot because it wouldn’t be too difficult to max out upgrades and pennants. I actually love being in Diamond, but when Silver and Gold teams are demolishing me in CVC when they have a maxed Silver bonus guys, but my same bonus guys are only at P10 or D1, it can get frustrating. I know the benefits of being in Diamond, but there are many players who can easily cycle cap in WOH at Gold. It doesn’t take nearly as many cycles to cap them, that’s for sure. 
    I've seen many state that they plan on staying at gold for '20. In '19, everything has been catered towards diamond players and to be specific, they dominate every club event. It's difficult to see that changing for '20 so if club events are important to you, it's something to consider. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited January 2020
    DFBB said:
    I've seen many state that they plan on staying at gold for '20. In '19, everything has been catered towards diamond players and to be specific, they dominate every club event. It's difficult to see that changing for '20 so if club events are important to you, it's something to consider. 
    100% true.  I think the reality is if you want to compete and have a great team, you need to put in the time and money.   Silver and Gold definitely makes sense for the more casual player where as there just isnt a way to casually do diamond.  If you are hoping for the best of both worlds, it likely can't happen.   I played a lot different in 19 then I did in 18 and I think I'm looking forward to the challenge of something new next year.
    What did you do differently this year from last year @Mattattack? Which do you prefer?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    What did you do differently this year from last year @Mattattack? Which do you prefer?
    He stole signs 
    He stole signs 
    1 year suspension worthy? 2017 championship tarnishing worthy?
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    criffy said:
    He stole signs 
    1 year suspension worthy? 2017 championship tarnishing worthy?
    The severity of his punishment directly correlates to how much money he has spent on TSB19
    He stole signs 
    I don't see anything wrong with that 🧐 unless he used cameras to do it, then had his players bang on trashcans like some sort of street performance. That's when it starts getting weird 😬
    edited January 2020
    Last year I stayed Silver until about November, spent about 6 weeks in gold and 5 weeks in platinum before going diamond around mid February.   This year I went gold pretty quick and spend maybe a month or so in gold before getting really bored.  Ended up diamond around the end of May.

The disclaimer of course is that 2018 and 2019 were very different games and I expect 2020 to be different as well.

So i guess i dont really know my plan yet.  My plan is at least to spend less time and money on the app then this year, even if that means my team isn't as ideal.   Maybe something closer to 2018 when I start to grind towards the end if I am still enjoying it.   Hope that helps @retirepujols  
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I understand that events seem to be catered to diamond teams-especially today’s event but in order to be competitive in these events I typically spend way more resources than I would gain if I were to win. I’m probably looking at top 3 today and will end up in the red on resources. I’m not sure why it’s so great to be diamond in this particular instance. Criffy is gold and cycles hof with no problems and gets the same reward as diamond players. Plus it cost him a lot less resources to level up his players so that he can max them out-not sure where the diamond advantage is there. Same with mythical dragons And he’s silver. Plus many others that I failed to mention. I’ve had my diamond team beaten many times in cvc by gold squads-where is the advantage there? I know that their hit ratings and upgrades are nowhere close to mine and we face the same pitchers.  We get the same cvc rewards wether we are gold or diamond-not sure where the diamond advantage is. As a diamond player I will never starve for evo but buying evo boxes is probably cheaper down the road than buying tons of xp boxes-not really a diamond advantage in my eyes. I only buy field pass because I’m diamond-disadvantage goes to my wallet on that one.  Let’s not forget about the incredible amount of time diamond players spend  tapping our phones instead of doing other things-disadvantage to our kids and other members of our  families We all view things differently but these  items and others are how I see them. That being said gold will be my max next year. 
    edited January 2020
    2003cobra said:
    DFBB said:
    I understand that events seem to be catered to diamond teams-especially today’s event but in order to be competitive in these events I typically spend way more resources than I would gain if I were to win. I’m probably looking at top 3 today and will end up in the red on resources. I’m not sure why it’s so great to be diamond in this particular instance. Criffy is gold and cycles hof with no problems and gets the same reward as diamond players. Plus it cost him a lot less resources to level up his players so that he can max them out-not sure where the diamond advantage is there. Same with mythical dragons And he’s silver. Plus many others that I failed to mention. I’ve had my diamond team beaten many times in cvc by gold squads-where is the advantage there? I know that their hit ratings and upgrades are nowhere close to mine and we face the same pitchers.  We get the same cvc rewards wether we are gold or diamond-not sure where the diamond advantage is. As a diamond player I will never starve for evo but buying evo boxes is probably cheaper down the road than buying tons of xp boxes-not really a diamond advantage in my eyes. I only buy field pass because I’m diamond-disadvantage goes to my wallet on that one.  Let’s not forget about the incredible amount of time diamond players spend  tapping our phones instead of doing other things-disadvantage to our kids and other members of our  families We all view things differently but these  items and others are how I see them. That being said gold will be my max next year. 
    i got a mention! to be fair, there's very few of us at gold that can still cycle cap woh given the turned up difficulty. earlier in the year, i was getting through at a 70-80% clip on 6.10 - the past 2 weeks, it's been closer to 50% with a steep, steep investment in skills. and i'm fairly certain i'm in the top 2-4% of WOH gold players remaining.

i think most people's point is that they've turned the game away from the casual player being able to beat all game modes in an attempt to push them to become recurring subscribers (FP for diamond players) or having the casual player spend a ton of gold (and thus money bc it is nowhere near as freely available) to beat his/her favorite aspect of this game.

selfishly i'm glad to see you've returned but you really shouldn't have @2003cobra
    @criffy you are exactly correct in your points. You,Alex and mythicaldragons are in the top of your levels-I would say elite. Glu is definitely turning this into a money grab at all levels. My point was that plenty of people think that diamond has all of these wonderful advantages but from my perspective these advantages come at a steep price whether it is time or money or both. There are plenty of diamond players that can’t cycle cap hof let alone get past it once. I can get past it but I was gone too long to cycle cap and frankly  I don’t care as much. To me the resources that it cost to level a player to d10 is quite steep and I’ve only done it to 1 player-a 470 max player is the last top tier player that I pulled from a box. I just dont feel like these advantages are as great as others do. Also, good to be back on the forum. 
    This guy is second place in my bracket. Just an example of what it takes to be on top in diamond. 
    2003cobra said:
    these advantages come at a steep price 
    100%! "It's so easy for you diamond guys" says the guy with 1/30th of the games I've played 😳 anyways, leave nordie out of this 😂 
    He stole signs 
    My team clearly does not steal signs
    2003cobra said:
    these advantages come at a steep price 
    100%! "It's so easy for you diamond guys" says the guy with 1/30th of the games I've played 😳 anyways, leave nordie out of this 😂 
    Lol. My bad. 
    That’s a lot of games though
    Indeed. I'm not sure I'll even make it to 100K
  • NordictracNordictrac Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    This guy is second place in my bracket. Just an example of what it takes to be on top in diamond. 

Hey! That's me! I am in first now though... :smiley:
    Yeah I noticed. I’m hoping to be in third real soon. I wouldn’t mind if you stopped for the day. Awesome team!