ATG #7: keeper alert!!!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited January 2020 in General TSB Discussion
Our first AtG pitcher....

edit: first atg pitcher available in boxes!

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Second? Cy?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    criffy said:
    Second? Cy?
    I forgot about the dude. Ugh. dang it!
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I'm sure that a 560 rated pitcher would put up a microscopic ERA, but wouldn't a LHP be preferable to a RHP since the vast majority of people horde left handed hitters?  Do you think there would be an noticeable difference in their performance over the long run?
    DFBB said:
    criffy said:
    Second? Cy?
    He never got any forum lovin either! Technically on 8. Jackie, Ted, lou, hank, yogi, Cy, hornsby, and hoyt
    I'm sure that a 560 rated pitcher would put up a microscopic ERA, but wouldn't a LHP be preferable to a RHP since the vast majority of people horde left handed hitters?  Do you think there would be an noticeable difference in their performance over the long run?
    Funny you should mention lefty pitchers. To your point, lefty SPs are my weakness. I put up good numbers against all rightys(including a d10 CY), but I struggle most vs good leftys(like keeper babe, langston, etc.)
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Against solid teams I would say a lefty pitcher would have the advantage over a righty. Against the ELITE teams like @MoenPDC I don’t think it matters too much. The 1% if this game have enough max legends to go against a righty or a lefty. 
    Marcuh said:
    Against solid teams I would say a lefty pitcher would have the advantage over a righty. Against the ELITE teams like @MoenPDC I don’t think it matters too much. The 1% if this game have enough max legends to go against a righty or a lefty. 
    @MoenPDC ain't got the pitching to be an elite team :wink:
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Pitchers are a waste of resources 
    Fun? This game is pretty limited. What else you going to spend resources on? I'd certainly rather waste resources on an ATG pitcher than someone like Hornsby.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Into the trash bin he will go if pull him. The days of pitchers being relevant are long gone 
    I only have one stud pitcher, a prime signature Scherzer (500 overall).  He a has 3910-6 record, a 0.05 ERA and has never walked a single batter.  He's stupid good, so as far as I can tell, a 560 overall can't possible be much better.  That said, I'd love to snag an ATG pitcher so that I have a good keeper for next year.
    I only have one stud pitcher, a prime signature Scherzer (500 overall).  He a has 3910-6 record, a 0.05 ERA and has never walked a single batter.  He's stupid good, so as far as I can tell, a 560 overall can't possible be much better.  That said, I'd love to snag an ATG pitcher so that I have a good keeper for next year.
    It doesn't matter against 99% of the teams you're facing. Against a good diamond team, he'll get eaten up. Either way, most don't like using resources on pitchers and I get that. They're a luxury and I would never prioritize them ahead of bats. That said, when you don't need bats....
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Hope he doesnt get switched to a reliever  :#
    @DFBB - agreed.  I don't have any D10 ATG bats, so I would certainly never attempt to level an ATP pitcher.  Even if I had the resources, I'd give a hard pass to this Wilhelm bum - his skills are atrocious, as vs RHP will only be active about 25% of the time.  What I'd like is an ATG Sandy Koufax with double vs lefty skills.  Answer my prayers Glu!
    @DFBB - agreed.  I don't have any D10 ATG bats, so I would certainly never attempt to level an ATP pitcher.  Even if I had the resources, I'd give a hard pass to this Wilhelm bum - his skills are atrocious, as vs RHP will only be active about 25% of the time.  What I'd like is an ATG Sandy Koufax with double vs lefty skills.  Answer my prayers Glu!
    I'm extremely confident that pitcher skills do NOT work. haha! The way I'm playing now, it'll be extremely difficult to level an atg pitcher, but I just want him as a keeper option.
    DFBB said:
    Fun? This game is pretty limited. What else you going to spend resources on? I'd certainly rather waste resources on an ATG pitcher than someone like Hornsby.
    Why? My sig prime scherzer at D10 has a .03 era. For 1.41 million lxp I don’t see enough room for improvement to justify wasting xp, gold, cash. It’s a game driven by hitters. Even for point purposes pitchers points are capped every game. 
    DFBB said:
    Why? My sig prime scherzer at D10 has a .03 era. For 1.41 million lxp I don’t see enough room for improvement to justify wasting xp, gold, cash. It’s a game driven by hitters. Even for point purposes pitchers points are capped every game. 
    Eye candy man! Eye candy! 
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    Understandable. I’ve just never cared about team strength. I’ll use pxp on them and that’s about it. I did level Hoffman though that’s the only legend pitcher I’ve touched. 
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    Understandable. I’ve just never cared about team strength. I’ll use pxp on them and that’s about it. I did level Hoffman though that’s the only legend pitcher I’ve touched. 
    In all seriousness, it's pretty cool to have long win steaks. In the grand scheme of things, win streaks don't matter and a few losses here and there are trivial. Thing is, 5 digit win streaks are kind of fun! 
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    edited January 2020
    isnt this dude a relief pitcher lol
    "He appeared occasionally as a starting pitcher, but pitched mainly as a reliever. Wilhelm won 124 games in relief, which is still the major league record. He was the first pitcher to reach 200 saves, and the first to appear in 1,000 games."

Stay hot again glu
    What's next? ATG RP Pedro? Because he pitched in relief like 7 times?
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    They won’t change him to a relief pitcher until a chunk of players pull him and spend resources to level him up. 
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    I agree that folks who figure out this game stack lefties and switch hitters in their lineup. I noticed that my D1 Erstad had a much higher batting average than my D5 Signature Primes. That’s when I learned the value of stacking lefties and switch hitters. 
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    In all seriousness, it's pretty cool to have long win steaks. In the grand scheme of things, win streaks don't matter and a few losses here and there are trivial. Thing is, 5 digit win streaks are kind of fun! 
    I guess. I don’t really look at them at all to be honest. But people play this game differently. Im pretty selective on who I level. 
  • sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    I would take him as a keeper pitcher but wouldn’t level him up in 2019 at all. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    DFBB said:
    As a guy who just pulled Hornsby as the first ATG since Ted Williams...I will respectfully request you discontinue any disparaging remarks about him.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    DFBB said:
    criffy said:
    Second? Cy?
    I don't know if I can trust you now...
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    criffy said:
    Marcuh said:
    @MoenPDC ain't got the pitching to be an elite team :wink:
    This is very true, started way too late in the year to invest heavily in pitching even my offense is great but not elite......next year though ....next year
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts

Switched!