ATG #7: keeper alert!!!

2Next

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    buddydave said:

Switched!
    There was confusion about Wilhelm potentially being switched to a reliever after the fact and I'm glad GLU took the initiative. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    They changed it from a guy with a stuff rating of 195 to a guy with 177?  That's a massive downgrade assuming that @DFBB is correct in that pitcher skills don't matter.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Wow, I would have participated in a Cooperstown club this weekend for satchel. Expecting that other clown, I planned on using this weekend just to slowly cycle d6. This kind of sucks.. of course, it wouldn't matter if that stupid cooldown didn't exist
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Into the trash bin he will go if pull him. The days of pitchers being relevant are long gone 
    Wouldn't do that if I were you. While he may be useless at this point in the 19 version I believe @DFBB 's point was about hanging on to him as a keeper for the 20 version as you would need to take one pitcher anyway.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Off topic, but since we’re discussing ATGs, is this the last weekend of Yogi being apart of the weekend discount? I was lucky enough to pull him today and was wondering if I need to try to get him leveled this weekend, or if I can build up LXP again this week and cap him next weekend. 
    Off topic, but since we’re discussing ATGs, is this the last weekend of Yogi being apart of the weekend discount? I was lucky enough to pull him today and was wondering if I need to try to get him leveled this weekend, or if I can build up LXP again this week and cap him next weekend. 
    I expect next weekend to be his last hurrah. 
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I expect next weekend to be his last hurrah. 
    Thanks! 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Houmy said:
    Into the trash bin he will go if pull him. The days of pitchers being relevant are long gone 
    Wouldn't do that if I were you. While he may be useless at this point in the 19 version I believe @DFBB 's point was about hanging on to him as a keeper for the 20 version as you would need to take one pitcher anyway.
    I never even leveled my 550 keeper degrom from 18...and it had 0 effect on my 19 season. 
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Pitchers are a waste of resources 
    Fun? This game is pretty limited. What else you going to spend resources on? I'd certainly rather waste resources on an ATG pitcher than someone like Hornsby.
    Would you be saying that if your Custom DFBB Glu created player wasn't parked at 2B? I think Hornsby is a Beast. Him and Yogi are my keepers atm.

• 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Fun? This game is pretty limited. What else you going to spend resources on? I'd certainly rather waste resources on an ATG pitcher than someone like Hornsby.
    Would you be saying that if your Custom DFBB Glu created player wasn't parked at 2B? I think Hornsby is a Beast. Him and Yogi are my keepers atm.

IMO it's his vsLHP skill that's limiting his value as there are a lot more RHPs than LHPs.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    DFBB said:

i agree, i think rajah and yogi may be the top 2 for next year. have a woh finisher from each side of the plate for the early part of the year. i do believe in the men on base skill even if no one is on base to start, while not as good as an always on skill, they can finish pretty effectively.
    DFBB said:

I only care about positions as it relates to CvC. As is, I still need a 2b for CVC. As has been mentioned, the 'vs lhp' skill isn't ideal.
    Houmy said:
    I never even leveled my 550 keeper degrom from 18...and it had 0 effect on my 19 season. 
    Pitchers are more important in higher tiers. It's late January and my pitcher keeper(Gibson) has been my best Sp all year whereas my keeper bats have been discarded for months.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Houmy said:
    Pitchers are more important in higher tiers. It's late January and my pitcher keeper(Gibson) has been my best Sp all year whereas my keeper bats have been discarded for months.

My best pitcher is also my keeper from last year.  As the game wore on, I had tons of bxp, and it was easy enough to level him.  I haven't wanted to spend LXP on a pitcher this year, so I leveled three 470 primes (sig Verlander, sig Cole and Mikolas) and a 490 prime (Syndergaard).  That results in my keeper still being my highest ranked pitcher.