Best Keepers in the Game for 2020

2Next

Comments

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Not to beat a dead horse, but this is also assuming the keepers will be the same with 2 batters and 1 pitcher. Glu hasn't actually confirmed that yet, keepers might be different for 2020. Didn't they mention something about it in the last newsletter to stay tuned for an update? 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    They just hinted there would be keepers but no further details 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Keepers was one of the few good ideas that GLU has actually executed fairly well over the past two years. But picking only two batters was very difficult last year and with the options we've seen so far, it might be even more difficult this year.

I'm not planning to play in 2020, but if they wanted to try to lure someone like me back, they'd allow 3 or more batters as keepers and use the same system. That would definitely make it difficult to stay away.
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    buddydave said:
    Keepers was one of the few good ideas that GLU has actually executed fairly well over the past two years. But picking only two batters was very difficult last year and with the options we've seen so far, it might be even more difficult this year.

I'm not planning to play in 2020, but if they wanted to try to lure someone like me back, they'd allow 3 or more batters as keepers and use the same system. That would definitely make it difficult to stay away.

I'd honestly prefer that they change the cost of leveling keepers skills so that it's the same as all other players (instead of 5x) for next version rather than allowing us to keep more players.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    1994EXPOS said:
    buddydave said:

I'd honestly prefer that they change the cost of leveling keepers skills so that it's the same as all other players (instead of 5x) for next version rather than allowing us to keep more players.
    I agree. The one thing that held keepers back as the game progressed were the skills. They also weren’t just 5X on the skills, they were different. PXP started earlier on. I don’t think anyone really had an issue with 5X on leveling the player 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    That’s a good point. The skill costs did make the keepers less useful.
  • RedsruleRedsrule Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    I plan to keep Johnny Bench, Nolan Ryan, and Ernie Bsnks. I have Jackie Robinson but he's an ATG and takes too many resources to level up. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If you hope that keepers will be elite throughout the year, I think you'll continue to be disappointed. Their primary value is in making the transition to the next version smoother and of course, for nostalgic reasons. 
    I've abandoned my keeper bats for several months now and initially, that was directly because of the 5x cost for skills. Regardless, along with ML, they were an integral part of my team for many months and I'm looking forward to seeing the details for '20.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Redsrule said:
    I plan to keep Johnny Bench, Nolan Ryan, and Ernie Bsnks. I have Jackie Robinson but he's an ATG and takes too many resources to level up. 
    If its like last year, all keepers take BXP which is 5x the normal player.  Thats whether you are keeping a bxp, prime, legend or atg
    edited January 2020
    Redsrule said:
    Just a heads up. All the keepers will use the same type/amount of xp regardless of their '19 status.

edit: also, make sure you mark those plans with a pencil. :)
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Redsrule said:

Only viable keepers options right now in my opinion are ATGs Yogi, Cy Young (for those who bought him lol) and Paige who's in this weekend Cooperstown rewards. Players with higher overalls than those 3 you are listing will be released before we get the 2020 version (overalls will probably top at 600). Jackie will also be at the highest overall possible as an ATG but I wouldn't keep him anyway.
  • TBone66TBone66 Registered Users 10 Posts
    Joc Fowler. Hands down.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts

Frank and Jedd

An Important Romance
    by Shoveitupyoenis2

Frank TheTank is a scruffy, fat and kind homemaker from Ohio. His life is going nowhere until he meets Jedd Doggy, a slender, weak man with a passion for cookery.

Frank takes an instant disliking to Jedd and the callous and spiteful ways he learnt during his years in Europe.

However, when a zombie tries to destroy Frank, Jedd springs to the rescue. Frank begins to notices that Jedd is actually rather clever at heart.

But, the pressures of Jedd's job as a hairdresser leave him blind to Frank's affections and Frank takes up hiking to try an distract himself.

Finally, when scheming nurse, Mythical Dragon, threatens to come between them, Jedd has to act fast. But will they ever find the important love that they deserve?

• Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    DFBB said:
    While new/better players will inevitably come along between now and the launch of '20, this is something I think about too. On a global scale, I think Yogi's is most obvious choice(he'll be a 600 max C with ideal skills). After that, it's probably Lou, but I doubt he'll make the final cut. 

Here's my current keeper rankings:

1)Yogi
    2)Lou
    3)Hank
    4)Ted

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought that “Keepers” all had the same overall ranking no matter what. I thought that it wouldn’t matter if someone had as a keeper a regular prime, legend, or ATG, because they all would progress to the same overall ranking no matter which their prior years’ designation was. Or is it the case that Keepers with higher TSB19 ratings will maintain a higher TSB20 ranking than others?
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    If they work the same as this year, they will all take BXP, but at 5x the level as a new player.  They will start at a percentage of their final max from this year, and progressively grow to their final max from this year.

ATGs will finish at the highest max mor this year, so they will always be among the most attractive keepers.
    It looks like ATGs will probably finish at 600 max, btw.
    Horse42 said:
    DFBB said:
    While new/better players will inevitably come along between now and the launch of '20, this is something I think about too. On a global scale, I think Yogi's is most obvious choice(he'll be a 600 max C with ideal skills). After that, it's probably Lou, but I doubt he'll make the final cut. 

Here's my current keeper rankings:

1)Yogi
    2)Lou
    3)Hank
    4)Ted

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought that “Keepers” all had the same overall ranking no matter what. I thought that it wouldn’t matter if someone had as a keeper a regular prime, legend, or ATG, because they all would progress to the same overall ranking no matter which their prior years’ designation was. Or is it the case that Keepers with higher TSB19 ratings will maintain a higher TSB20 ranking than others?
    Here is an explanation:

DFBB said:
    If your main interest is WOH wouldn’t you take George Brett or Griffey over Yogi?  

Wouldn’t they be the same overall as keepers next year? Till they pass 540 at least.

idk how keepers stats work lol be easy on me. 
    We don’t know what the highest overall will be. Currently we’re at 560. We could finish at 600. Who knows. But it’s really not time to think about keepers
    This still doesn’t answer the question.It might not be the time for you but I’ve been thinking about “keepers” since I pulled John Kruk.. Maybe cause it’s my first year lol. 

Don't worry, you're not the only one that thinks about these things. It's, call me crazy, but fun! 

To answer your question, if keepers work the same way for '20, there will be a 'keeper factor.' For example, this year, they started at 60% of their max rating. That means if you have a 600 max player, they will be a 360 to start the year whereas a 540 will only be a 324 max. 

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

Frank and Jedd

An Important Romance
    by Shoveitupyoenis2

Frank TheTank is a scruffy, fat and kind homemaker from Ohio. His life is going nowhere until he meets Jedd Doggy, a slender, weak man with a passion for cookery.

Frank takes an instant disliking to Jedd and the callous and spiteful ways he learnt during his years in Europe.

However, when a zombie tries to destroy Frank, Jedd springs to the rescue. Frank begins to notices that Jedd is actually rather clever at heart.

But, the pressures of Jedd's job as a hairdresser leave him blind to Frank's affections and Frank takes up hiking to try an distract himself.

Finally, when scheming nurse, Mythical Dragon, threatens to come between them, Jedd has to act fast. But will they ever find the important love that they deserve?

Why is this one unfinished? What did that damn scheming mythical dragon do? 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I think this one is kind of a trailer.  Sounds like a Ryan Gosling project...
    My wife would definitely pay to see it...
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts

Frank and Jedd

An Important Romance
    by Shoveitupyoenis2

Gotta put a teaser out there so that people will tune in to the TV show!.. or whatever it becomes lol
    Just no.  
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts

Frank and Jedd

An Important Romance
    by Shoveitupyoenis2

Right! Way to leave us on the edge of our seats.. jeez 🤔
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Got my Keeper pitcher from today's free box....awesome
  • sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    ATG Hornsby with rhl and runners on skill set .. wouldn’t he be a great keepers been that is hard to have a stud 2b cuz yogi is definitely a keeper at catcher 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    @ShoveItUpYoenis2 we want more! Don't leave us hanging like that 😂