WOH - Matchup Analyzer

SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
Attached is a matchup analyzer that you may find beneficial.  I'm interested in constructive feedback, particularly on the best way to account for the right on right platoon adjustment factor.  All HOF pitcher data is up to date through Monday 1/13.  Happy cycling!    

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I got time later today to check this out. Looking forward to it!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Shit like this is why I love this board. Y’all some smart mofos. Great work.

first question: does it account for when a skill is off, or is there a built in mechanism to account for it?

Whats tricky about those matchups particularly in late round sim attempts, is they are usually like 50%, but if you play them, you end it in like two swings. Lol That’s another item that’s nuts

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Lol, ditto, the nerdier the better.  I've gotten a few PMs from guys who have put way more thought into their models than I have, but this is at least a starting point for most people.  The model does account for when a skill is inactive at the beginning of a round.  Examples:  blowout not being active when you're only down by 3, or RISP not being active when there are no runners on, etc. Someone else noted that I had left off the actual walk-off skill, which totally slipped my mind since I haven't had anyone with that skill in months.  Happy to make some refinements and re-post it if anyone is interested.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I couldn't get the link to open, but much respect for thinking/putting so much thought into it. From one nerd to another, kudos! 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    Attached is a matchup analyzer that you may find beneficial.  I'm interested in constructive feedback, particularly on the best way to account for the right on right platoon adjustment factor.  All HOF pitcher data is up to date through Monday 1/13.  Happy cycling!    
    After seeing that chart, I’m convinced that @SandlotGuru is a MIT grad. NASA Mathematician. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    That’s extremely impressive.. and above my pay grade! 👍🏻😂👍🏻
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I’m not even smart enough to fill that chart out for my team.  Let alone use it...
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I’m not even smart enough to fill that chart out for my team.  Let alone use it...
    I was thinking the same. Can someone fill it out for me and tell me what order I should use. 
  • DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    Wow, that is impressive. Appreciate your post. I will definitely be using that next week.
    Never fight a man with a perm
    Thanks gents!  MIT?! I was a drunken frat boy at a party school - go Ducks!  Attached is an updated version that includes the walk-off skill.  @ShoveItUpYoenis2 - if you PM me your lineup with skills and hit ratings, I'd be happy to fill it out for you.  
    A Quacker. Nice.

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Whoa. This is awesome. Nice work, man!

First question - Why are live / 40 / 80 gold boost set to 6, 11 and 21 percent? Is that because you have an added 1 percent multiplier increase via All Star levels?
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    See I cant do analytics like this...I only have photoshop skills.

Made this for a buddy!....
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @SandlotGuru - Bro this looks amazing! A hell of a lot better than trying to manually do the math. 
    So I plug my guys into the instruction sheet and then place them into the WOH Monday based on the results? 
    Yes, after filing out the instruction sheet, on the WoH Monday tab - just populate the batter rank (i.e. L1, R3, etc.) in columns R and AY and it will spit out the "Bat" rating based upon the pitcher and situation.  There is a lot of personal preference that goes into which battrt to use for each matchup, so I didn't attempt to automate the batter assignments, but this at least shows you the math based upon the matchup.  You can also put an "X" in the Live, 40G and 80G columns to see how that impacts your Bat rating.  Every Monday I update/tweak this spreadsheet during my first/second cycles, then I can mindless cycle throughout the rest of the day.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    This is really good and really cool.   Nice work

Forum Dudes (and Mandy)

Working through this with Mr Sandlot, and we noticed that all the "stuff" ratings are for Diamond level players.  Does anyone have the Gold ratings by chance? Any old screenshots with this info?

Also, two additional thoughts:

- It would be interesting to correlate the Matchup Advantage to success rate.  Ie if I have a 250 "matchup advantage" in the chart, what does that roughly equate to in likelihood of getting through?

I also saw an additional usage for this in the "Should I level this guy?" discussions.  This allows you to easily see if a new guy drastically increases an advantage at given levels. 

• total13total13 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I am pretty sure this is correct for Gold HOF Pitcher Stuff:
      1 2 3 4 5 6
    1 123 107 118 125 144 187
    2 127 118 120 125 141 187
    3 125 123 123 132 150 190
    4 118 123 125 136 153 269
    5 123 121 136 139 165 285
    6 111 125 123 132 180 282
    7 128 132 125 136 185 285
    8 121 123 130 143 280 303
    9 123 127 137 167 280 352
    10 132 130 141 174 275 387
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts

Also, two additional thoughts:

- It would be interesting to correlate the Matchup Advantage to success rate.  Ie if I have a 250 "matchup advantage" in the chart, what does that roughly equate to in likelihood of getting through?

I also saw an additional usage for this in the "Should I level this guy?" discussions.  This allows you to easily see if a new guy drastically increases an advantage at given levels. 

A rule of thumb I have been using at gold and now diamond is making sure the batter hit is double the pitcher stuff. Other than the insane babe stuff it’s more or less achievable with 540s fully capped right now
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    Yes, after filing out the instruction sheet, on the WoH Monday tab - just populate the batter rank (i.e. L1, R3, etc.) in columns R and AY and it will spit out the "Bat" rating based upon the pitcher and situation.  There is a lot of personal preference that goes into which battrt to use for each matchup, so I didn't attempt to automate the batter assignments, but this at least shows you the math based upon the matchup.  You can also put an "X" in the Live, 40G and 80G columns to see how that impacts your Bat rating.  Every Monday I update/tweak this spreadsheet during my first/second cycles, then I can mindless cycle throughout the rest of the day.
    Dude that's cool as shit. You're awesome, keep it up, I'm sure this will help lots
  • OLDTIMER007OLDTIMER007 Registered Users 11 Posts
    Lol, ditto, the nerdier the better.  I've gotten a few PMs from guys who have put way more thought into their models than I have, but this is at least a starting point for most people.  The model does account for when a skill is inactive at the beginning of a round.  Examples:  blowout not being active when you're only down by 3, or RISP not being active when there are no runners on, etc. Someone else noted that I had left off the actual walk-off skill, which totally slipped my mind since I haven't had anyone with that skill in months.  Happy to make some refinements and re-post it if anyone is interested.  
    Thanks for this bud. I am an excel nerd and this is quite usefull.