Weekend Box

JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
I know how bad morale & expectations have gotten when I return from a work shift, open the app & see the crappiest boxes since 560s debuted, & not one forum comment about it. What a waste of the 30% discount I busted my ass for yesterday. 
Prev1

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Everyone is thinking it so I'll be frank. Is your club public??

All kidding aside, boxes are blah, but I'm glad to see the FR at 550 and the LL is now at 540. It'll make Monday more interesting.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Does anyone have a screenshot of the Brantley LL or at least know what his skills are?

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Actually no complaints from me about the boxes. Just thankful for the double gold since I'm a F2P player. Don't like any of them but I hope to win some from CvC over the weekend at the chance of Rajah or Yogi. Besides that it's just mining for gold and CvC and casually playing prime games. Easy stress free weekend.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    The boxes are not great but I'm desperate for a 2b, so it is nice to Grich in there.  Now, I just have to get him; I'm 0 for 16 so far....
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Was chasing Damon, the only guy I want from either box, and ended up pulling a duplicate Rajah. Oh well double gold it is the rest of the weekend...
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    DFBB said:

Is this yours ?
    @lovingcurves No, it's not mine.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I would chase Damon but having molitor with lead off skill already..meh..double gold and cvc weekend 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Has there been a 360 Righty released yet that would have two WoH skills on at all times to match Ruth?

Seems like all they are offering is Blowout and LHP. We know BO will turn off halfway through...

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited January 2020

Has there been a 360 Righty released yet that would have two WoH skills on at all times to match Ruth?

Seems like all they are offering is Blowout and LHP. We know BO will turn off halfway through...

You should already know by now that players with two always on WoH skills for 6.10 (and now 6.9) are released right before there's an overall jump. So we should see a few towards the end of January, right before 580 legends are released
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts

Did you mean 560?
    edited January 2020
    2003cobra said:

Did you mean 560?

Well he's right that no 360 are a match for Babe
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    I totally disagree with blowout skill turning off. I've been reliant on that skill for my closers for months, til Brett came out and gave it a bit of a break. Now with 560s, I'm back at it with Carter & Carew and have yet to face a tower I couldn't beat with regularity. If they only had 1 skill active once within 4 runs, that wouldn't be the case. 
    If you've never given it a try because of conflicting info, I'd say try it for yourself. I was not a believer either til I took the plunge & I'm glad I did as it made many more favorable players worth pursuing. 
    edited January 2020
    JCAM80 said:
    I totally disagree with blowout skill turning off. I've been reliant on that skill for my closers for months, til Brett came out and gave it a bit of a break. Now with 560s, I'm back at it with Carter & Carew and have yet to face a tower I couldn't beat with regularity. If they only had 1 skill active once within 4 runs, that wouldn't be the case. 
    If you've never given it a try because of conflicting info, I'd say try it for yourself. I was not a believer either til I took the plunge & I'm glad I did as it made many more favorable players worth pursuing. 

IMO there's no way blowout stays active. My 510 Baylor (2x WoH) was closing at a rate over 80% against Gibson without platoon advantage, whereas my 520 switch hitting Reggie Smith (Late + Blowout) was barely above 60%. Both were D10 with skills capped. When WoH pitchers were D1 Blowout worked very well, but as soon as Glu made them D5 (and then D3) its been another story.

Also I have a hard time believing that Glu would release so much of those Late/Blowout or vsRHP/Blowout skilled players as they have lately if they were top shelf WoH closers. They may work well enough when they're at the top of the curve, like your 560s against 560 pitchers, but when they fall behind they become way too inconsistent for my taste.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I really dont mind the boxes this weekend.  Makes it easier to have a light weekend which was my goal anyway
    I'm going to have college football withdrawals tomorrow. I may come take it out on this forum.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I'm going to have college football withdrawals tomorrow. I may come take it out on this forum.
    College basketball Dr.    The road to March Madness is underway
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I really dont mind the boxes this weekend.  Makes it easier to have a light weekend which was my goal anyway

I landed Hornsby last night and Grich on the free box early afternoon, thought neither are getting leveled.  Nice not having to stalk CVC like a psycho all weekend.

I would certainly level Greinke, but chasing SP isn't nearly as important.  After the weekends of desperately trying to win CVC for Griffey and Pee Wee....this is a nice change of pace

1994EXPOS said:
    JCAM80 said:

IMO there's no way blowout stays active. My 510 Baylor (2x WoH) was closing at a rate over 80% against Gibson without platoon advantage, whereas my 520 switch hitting Reggie Smith (Late + Blowout) was barely above 60%. Both were D10 with skills capped. When WoH pitchers were D1 Blowout worked very well, but as soon as Glu made them D5 (and then D3) its been another story.

Everyone's idea of 'success' is different so the best way to test skills is to compare them like Vincent did. Want to know how reliable blowouts/leadoff/etc. is? Compare them with a similar bat where you know two skills are always active. For example, if blowouts doesn't turn off, my Ted Williams would've been much more reliable than Eddie Mathews and that simply wasn't the case. There are several examples, but I urge everyone to test things for themselves. You can also apply the same logic with things like pennants(spoiler alert: they dont work for WoH).
    College basketball Dr.    The road to March Madness is underway

College baseball starts soon too. I saw another Tiger in the boxes this weekend: Austin Nola, brother of Phillies ace Aaron. Didn't realize Austin is playing 1B in the bigs. He was an All American SS at LSU.  Of course is baby bro ended up being a stud as well.

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    DFBB said:
    1994EXPOS said:
    JCAM80 said:

Everyone's idea of 'success' is different so the best way to test skills is to compare them like Vincent did. Want to know how reliable blowouts/leadoff/etc. is? Compare them with a similar bat where you know two skills are always active. For example, if blowouts doesn't turn off, my Ted Williams would've been much more reliable than Eddie Mathews and that simply wasn't the case. There are several examples, but I urge everyone to test things for themselves. You can also apply the same logic with things like pennants(spoiler alert: they dont work for WoH).
    There was a time not long ago, where Blowout did NOT turn off.

I leveled Williams, Boog and Smith as a result.

i can tell you now, from a fairly large sample size....it DOES turn off now.  110% sure of that
    DFBB said:
    1994EXPOS said:
    JCAM80 said:

There was a time not long ago, where Blowout did NOT turn off.

I leveled Williams, Boog and Smith as a result.

i can tell you now, from a fairly large sample size....it DOES turn off now.  110% sure of that
    I'm extremely confident that the game mechanics have NOT changed in the past two years. It wasn't so much that blowouts didn't turn off earlier, but the disparity between the bats and the woh pitchers was so large that it didn't matter. Level 1 pitchers were a joke. 
  • EamusCatuliEamusCatuli Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    I’d buy some Day Men boxes if they had included this guy 
    I’m not at the same level as some of you-I’m still using 500 max baines as my closer and I certainly feel that blowout turns off during woh. I don’t have other hitters to compare him to but just the pitches that I see during my rounds. Plenty of fastballs to start and plenty of junk when I get within 3 runs. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I lost confidence in blowout as well, but I also ran into the problem of having a team full of blowout guys. This really ruined a lot of sims and slowed my cycles down, so I just kind of avoid them completely now 🤷🏻‍♂️ I'll level the guys with skills I trust, and that's it. So, basically one guy a month 😵
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited January 2020
    I lost confidence in blowout as well, but I also ran into the problem of having a team full of blowout guys. This really ruined a lot of sims and slowed my cycles down, so I just kind of avoid them completely now 🤷🏻‍♂️ I'll level the guys with skills I trust, and that's it. So, basically one guy a month 😵

This. I don't have many Blowout guys for WoH, but Reggie Smith went from being very inconsistent at 6.10 and 6.9, and good but not dominant at 6.8, straight to a 6.1-6.3 sim lol
    That's what happened to my 520 Stan Musial. Went from a great closer to nothing in a week. Now a 6.1 Sim.

Glu sure doesn’t like to put out very many players that have 2 always active woh skills. I know that they are out there but it’s a small percent-at least from what I’ve seen
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Glu sure doesn’t like to put out very many players that have 2 always active woh skills. I know that they are out there but it’s a small percent-at least from what I’ve seen
    they are out there. i've got 3 of the last top rated ones (540) all on my roster at 20/20 - they just get released in bunches before they step up the max overall (brett, griffey, pee wee). so hence why i can still get through woh at gold whereas everyone else on this forum whines and cries about it like someone took their lunch money.