TSB 2020- playing? Expectations?

12346Next

Comments

• Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Here's the weekly format I'd like to see in 2020 should I get sucked back in for the next game:

Mon - Slugfest event. This really could be a lot of fun again. Just use everyone's regular WOH roster using power ratings as the key. No one is forced to split XP between their regular roster and Slugfest and therefore everyone participates. 

Tues - Bonus game day.  I suppose. Gotta have one.

Weds - WOH event. I like this midweek to keep it distanced from weekend Royale to prevent WOH fatigue from setting in.

Thurs - Prime sprint event. Whatever. I don't care for it but it's staying. 

Friday - Tourney game day or alternate event. I wouldn't mind seeing a return to Tourney day and it would reward those who try to progress in the game to Diamond. Or, find something new,  you're creative, you can come up with a new event. Pitching event? WOH the opposite way, using your pitchers with pitcher rewards and the object being to get out of jams in the 9th and extras?

Saturday/Sunday - Royale. Look, weekend Royale is great,  but it's too long. Simple solution, cut the weekend down to just Saturdays and Sundays and make Friday into a weekday event. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Pitching event? 👀 Yes, please!
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Also, I know this is a dead horse - but I feel it needs to be beaten some more. NO STUPID ****ING BULL**** COOLDOWN FOR 2020! Please! For the love of Mike Trout and Jose Altuves buzzer, find a better solution to whichever problems you wanted to solve!!! 😭
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    Also, I know this is a dead horse - but I feel it needs to be beaten some more. NO STUPID ****ING BULL**** COOLDOWN FOR 2020! Please! For the love of Mike Trout and Jose Altuves buzzer, find a better solution to whichever problems you wanted to solve!!! 😭
    Never can beat a horse too much, especially once it's dead! So go ahead and Beat away when it comes to hating the CD, hopefully I we complain enough and beat it till it's SUPER dead it'll die for real and not be there for 2020
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

You CD complainers that tell me I whine too much...

Even though you are hypocrites, I'm proud of you.  Fight the good fight.

What you guys do is great. No sarcasm. My club still appreciates it.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

You CD complainers that tell me I whine too much...

Even though you are hypocrites, I'm proud of you.  Fight the good fight.

What you guys do is great. No sarcasm. My club still appreciates it.

Apples and oranges. :smile:
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    How dare you stop me from trying to make myself feel better.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

How dare you stop me from trying to make myself feel better.
    In my defense, I barely woke up. My sarcasm meter still needs to get warmed up. lol
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Never can beat a horse too much, especially once it's dead! So go ahead and Beat away when it comes to hating the CD, hopefully I we complain enough and beat it till it's SUPER dead it'll die for real and not be there for 2020
    While you can’t beat it too much, at some point you will realize it won’t change anything to keep beating it. 

I can think of so many reasons that the cool down benefits Glu, and very few ways it benefits certain types of players. The only thing I can’t think of is how the removal of the cool down benefits Glu. It limits the evo that gets out, it limits the amount of diamond clubs, it limits the amount of loyalty boxes that can be redeemed. Unfortunately I believe it is there to stay, which is one of the reasons I quit playing. Maybe that’s why Glu should remove it 

I can think of so many reasons that the cool down benefits Glu, and very few ways it benefits certain types of players. 
    In terms of ROI, the cool down has actually greatly benefited guys like me. That said, it sucks. Having fun is the name of any game and the CD is the exact opposite of fun.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    DFBB said:

I can think of so many reasons that the cool down benefits Glu, and very few ways it benefits certain types of players. 
    In terms of ROI, the cool down has actually greatly benefited guys like me. That said, it sucks. Having fun is the name of any game and the CD is the exact opposite of fun.
    just one of the many ways they’ve sucked the fun out of the game. 
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    Bigpredfan said:
    Unfortunately I believe it is there to stay, which is one of the reasons I quit playing. Maybe that’s why Glu should remove it  
    thats the only reason for them to, i think. Many quit/have wrote to them regarding how muchit ruins the game. In the end the deciding factor will be how much $$ was spent before and after the CD was implemented 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    after 3 years my plan is to not play. I say plan because like many the itch to play will probably still be there. I like a lot of the changes this year (field pass, reduced level up cost, and gurantee box) but the changes to WOH really ruined it for me. I don’t like the change to 6 levels, and now with the increased difficulty for less than top players isn’t worth it. I loved it when it was Introduced in 17 and loved it last year. It seems like such a chore to play it that much and I just get bored after 1-2 cycles, especially winning a guy who doesn’t make my team 99% of the time. One of my biggest issues in 18 was the repeat players and it has only gotten worse this year with 3-4 versions of the same legend. 

A poster boy! I thought it was funny seeing you there, and I'm a little surprised to hear you aren't planning on playing next year. This is basically my first year playing, and I can't compare walk-off to previous years, but it's totally a chore with little enjoyment involved recently. 
    I didn’t like the 6 levels and them just making up rankings for pitchers and increasing the difficulty makes it even worse. 
    I told @DFBB that it was messed up to have Babe at Diamond 3 and a rating over 560. It was deceiving to have him at Diamond 3. Imagine the outrage if it was D10 and 560?  We had worse than that for 3 hours. Deception killed that day for me. I would rather them have an experimental tower, like Blizzard, than mess with an existing tower 
    I somehow got through that tower 3x. Not exactly sure how, but I did. Couldn't beat blizzard though in 8 tries against Walter