HoF for 12-16-19: Red hot!

13Next

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Foster is early round level 6 guy for me but these numbers look promising for other modes with even higher ceiling when I get his skills capped. 

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Tried hard over the weekend for the living legend from woh...0-30... got this guy on my fif cycle yesterday, and cycle capped foster.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    look at @drsmartassphd 's post count yesterday. by giving him the mathews cheat code, i think i may have fixed the WOH event threads!
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    How did someone have to mention Matthews?  How was this now known?
    edited December 2019
    @TheFullMonte most people have been scared to use him at 6.10 - i was leery of using him there given lack of 2 skills on to start a round until i decided to give it a go last Monday. The results were excellent. Got @Bigpredfan and @MoenPDC on the Mathews freight train and he's been crushing for us (maybe @Bigpredfan is off this gravy train though...)

my results with him through 2 weeks. 11/16 last week and 13/20 yesterday. 65% clip with skills only at 16/16. i was finishing with boog at 20/20 (blowout/rhp) at a similar clip.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I've been switching between Mathews and Powell on 6.10 and they both seem to be alright.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    criffy said:
    look at @drsmartassphd 's post count yesterday. by giving him the mathews cheat code, i think i may have fixed the WOH event threads!

Man you have no idea how happy I am. Yesterday evening was a blast. I tried Mathews once last Monday, but he got the "9 and out" treatment right after Cecil had gotten the "45 and out" treatment. Shouldn't have given up on him after one try.

You all didn't hear from me during the day because I wasn't playing. LOL. I think I got one cycle in early, then didn't pick it up again until 5PM CST.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    One of my keepers is a Boggs double RHP that I hoped would be my closer but since they haven't maxed them yet and it's so damn expensive to upgrade their skills, he's only a mid-level dude.
    If you select an ATG as a keeper, are they an ATG next year or do they turn into a keeper?
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    In theory if there are carry-over players into next year they would just become "keepers".
    For instance I brought over ATG Willie Mays from last year - he's just a "keeper" this year. He goes up only when they bump keepers...he doesn't track to the top of the curve like this years ATGs.
    edited December 2019
    criffy said:
    @TheFullMonte most people have been scared to use him at 6.10 - i was leery of using him there given lack of 2 skills on to start a round until i decided to give it a go last Monday. The results were excellent. Got @Bigpredfan and @MoenPDC on the Mathews freight train and he's been crushing for us (maybe @Bigpredfan is off this gravy train though...)

my results with him through 2 weeks. 11/16 last week and 13/20 yesterday. 65% clip with skills only at 16/16. i was finishing with boog at 20/20 (blowout/rhp) at a similar clip.
    Are you Gold, Plat, Diamond?

And what are skills at?
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    So i wasn't sure where to post this question without having to make an unnecessary post, but after beating HoF twice I've notice my team isnt fully up to par without spending gold from 6.5 on. I currently have 145k LXP who should I cap to be worth it in those late rounds? (I'm in desperate need of a lefty). Thanks all.

criffy said:

Are you Gold, Plat, Diamond?

And what are skills at?
    @TheFullMonte - gold. skills are in my post... 16/16 on mathews 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    criffy said:

I’m off every train right now. Yesterday was rough for me across the board. Hopefully a 1-off
    criffy said:

I’m off every train right now. Yesterday was rough for me across the board. Hopefully a 1-off
    glad that it wasn’t just me.  My Reggie Smith at 17/16 was getting F’ing waxed until love boost showed up
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    criffy said:

glad that it wasn’t just me.  My Reggie Smith at 17/16 was getting F’ing waxed until love boost showed up
    The love boost is always hot... the pre round boost too.  That's the only way I can get a win right now in HoF.  I need a new lefty.
    Just no.  
  • HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    Didn’t get the chance to try and cycle, but hey first time beating HoF and only used 80 gold👍
    I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole
  • STAYB8KEDDSTAYB8KEDD Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Whoever recommended closing Gibson with Mathews, TY. Just went 1-1 without a single curve out. That was so much damn fun. Hit 10 singles in a row to beat him.
    can you take a screen shot of the player
    hof
    rd 1 - R,R,R,R,R,R,R,R,L,R
    rd 2 - R,R,R,R,R,R,R,R,R,R
    rd 3 - R,L,R,L,R,R,R,L,R,R
    rd 4 - R,R,R,R,R,R,R,R,R,L
    rd 5 - R,L,R,L,L,R,R,R,R,L
    rd 6 - R,R,R,L,R,R,R,R,R,R
    rd 1 - R,R,R,R,R,R,R,R,L,R
    rd 2 - R,R,R,R,R,R,R,R,R,R