HoF for MLK: 550 and 540!

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    The star next to 6.8 means a man on for my reference when needing Brett Butler

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Welp, got to Gibby twice now with BSD, and twice it was 9 and out.

Did a video reboot the second time. 4-3, man on first, then 9 straight and I "lost". LOLOLOL

I'm done for the day.

Have a good one!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    if your BSD george brett is 20/20 and you're 80g boosting, you just suck at this game. sorry to tell you that. i've gotten through with ease 3x on 6.9.

if you're not 80g boosting and complaining then shaddap. thanks <3
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I think it's safe to say Glu has checked out until 2020. 
    Seems like the wild boar ate the brains of the dev team instead....

Yeah. I totally suck. No doubt that's what it is. I haven't cycle capped at least 7 players before today. Getting crappy RNG has everything to do with skill, for sure.

Too bad wasting my 80 gold doesn't turn my bat into a telephone pole. That would help me out a TON. Really hard to win when the ball is in the other batter's box and it is a "strike"....over and over and over.

I was also very cordial in response. Even said for everyone to "have a good day". I meant that. Lots of folks will do well with HoF today. I have just run out of "the want" to put up with crap like that over and over and over. Gold ain't cheap to be wasting on RNG luck.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Yeah. I totally suck. No doubt that's what it is. I haven't cycle capped at least 7 players before today. Getting crappy RNG has everything to do with skill, for sure.

Too bad wasting my 80 gold doesn't turn my bat into a telephone pole. That would help me out a TON. Really hard to win when the ball is in the other batter's box and it is a "strike"....over and over and over.

I was also very cordial in response. Even said for everyone to "have a good day". I meant that. Lots of folks will do well with HoF today. I have just run out of "the want" to put up with crap like that over and over and over. Gold ain't cheap to be wasting on RNG luck.

Yup... nothing is cheap.... gold.... money.... time to waste on probabilities that are skewed for the other side... But dang I'm addicted though... Except for the money part will not part ways with that on this game!
    Yep, it is definitely addicting, that's for sure. Tear it up! Hope you can cycle cap.

Yep, it is definitely addicting, that's for sure. Tear it up! Hope you can cycle cap.
    Probably not. I can careless about the players. Just doing it for resources...and because I have nothing better else to do today. I'm in need of a shortstop but not with those skills and I'm tired of seeing the same old skills on catchers.... actually I'm tired seeing catchers and second basemen. How about another shortstop with good skills. I know it'll never happen but a Cal Ripken Jr. with double late innings or double lhp. I'll open my wallet for that....ohh what dreams are made of...
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

Welp, got to Gibby twice now with BSD, and twice it was 9 and out.

Did a video reboot the second time. 4-3, man on first, then 9 straight and I "lost". LOLOLOL

I'm done for the day.

Have a good one!

Your Brett is 20/20 and you're still losing?????
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    For the love of God people! Please stop posting that woh is easy. 

I don't call that "losing". LOL

I'm going to rearrange my lineup after my nap and try Yogi against Gibson if the mood strikes.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

I don't call that "losing". LOL

I'm going to rearrange my lineup after my nap and try Yogi against Gibson if the mood strikes.

There is zero skill in WoH. If you're boosting 80g and losing, you're just having bad luck. Stay with Brett.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.

"There is zero skill in WoH. If you're boosting 80g and losing, you're just having bad luck. Stay with Brett."

Well, DFBB, I moved Brett to 6.6 for the easy sim. I just used Lou for 6.8 and Yogi for 6.9. I saw nay a curve out. I ended 6.8 in three swings (all HRs) and I ended 6.9 in 8 swings (all singles). Still can't hit HRs off Gibby any longer.

Lost to Ruth, which I'm fine with as I wasn't curved out. Ruth is just harder since you can't hit any long balls off of him anymore and the timing is brutal. Hit too many slow rollers to first.

So, back to my other question: Anyone use Hank on Ruth?  I just capped Grich from the weekend since everyone is talking about having luck with those same skills on Carter...

I'm going to try Grich next instead of Harrah, who was handling Babe just fine (keeping in mind I didn't play last week and the week before they screwed with the settings, then Harrah was good).

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    They'll never stop.  Also they bumped the stuff rating on Babe up to 387 in gold, and I got the noodle bat four times now with Pee Wee double 20.  I'll give it a go again later.
    Just no.  
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    DFBB said:
    There is zero skill in WoH. If you're boosting 80g and losing, you're just having bad luck. Stay with Brett.
    You still need some timing, or else you’ll be striking out, fouling out, grounding into double and triple plays, and hitting nubbers back to the pitcher, giving up outs you can’t always afford to give up.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Yeah eff it. 0-2 with Pee Wee. Not worth my aggravation. Maybe if they give us a whopping 5% boost tonight i'll try again.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    They'll never stop.  Also they bumped the stuff rating on Babe up to 387 in gold, and I got the noodle bat four times now with Pee Wee double 20.  I'll give it a go again later.

I got my ass handed to me with 80G.....came back and won with just a vid boost.

Go home GLU, you're drunk

Oh, never mind then. Won't even waste my time with him. Appreciate the heads up on his stuff rating at 387. Combine that with a cheat rating at 60, then once again GLU has prevented gold players from cycle capping again.

I have never seen a company do everything it can to keep players from playing and enjoying a game like GLU does. Can't give an inch. LOL

One other thing: Lou and Yogi handle 6.8 and 6.9 just fine if you have them.

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    One other thing: Lou and Yogi handle 6.8 and 6.9 just fine if you have them.
    Hornsby and peewee work on 6-10
    Lou and BSD Brett work on 6-8,6-9 interchangeably. 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    criffy said:
    if your BSD george brett is 20/20 and you're 80g boosting, you just suck at this game. sorry to tell you that. i've gotten through with ease 3x on 6.9.

Nice to see you're being as kind as always, Criffer.
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    What was it before? It went from hard but beatable to impossible the last 2 weeks

I have Pee Wee too, but he's at the exact same level Harrah is...

I just lost twice to Babe with Harrah. Once 6-4, bases loaded, one out, you know the rest. Hit the two curve outs to the OF, but nobody came home.

Second time 6-5, man on first, no outs, and you know the rest. Was able to hit the first two curve outs on the infield and get him to third. Hoping for something straight after two curve outs so I could tie it, but nope.

NOW I'm officially done for the day. LOL

This is dumb.

buddydave said:
    criffy said:

Nice to see you're being as kind as always, Criffer.

Criffy is a good dude.

• EamusCatuliEamusCatuli Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    This might be the “freebie” glu gave me to try to entice me to keep spending gold to multi-cycle. Didn’t even get one curve from Ruth. Not even at the beginning when theoretically no skills were active. 

• EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    Babe has killed me today.  I use Kingman 17/17 with a 80 boost.  I am 0-7.  Taking a break will try one more run at it.
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Finally completed my set after 6th cycle! First bonus set ever for me I think

After reading his level for gold above, it isn't worth it. Diamond guys will have better luck with him with lower players. This is another solid GLU move to stick it to anyone below that level.

Babe has killed me today.  I use Kingman 17/17 with a 80 boost.  I am 0-7.  Taking a break will try one more run at it.

E, what level are you? Gold?

I wish I had stayed silver. I could have capped all these guys on my bench and would only need to win WoH once or twice, which is all you can win it now at Gold anyway.

GLU played me. LOLOLOL

• EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts

E, what level are you? Gold?

I wish I had stayed silver. I could have capped all these guys on my bench and would only need to win WoH once or twice, which is all you can win it now at Gold anyway.

GLU played me. LOLOLOL

I am Gold