HoF for MLK: 550 and 540!

Comments

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    buddydave said:
    criffy said:
    if your BSD george brett is 20/20 and you're 80g boosting, you just suck at this game. sorry to tell you that. i've gotten through with ease 3x on 6.9.

if you're not 80g boosting and complaining then shaddap. thanks <3
    Nice to see you're being as kind as always, Criffer.

Criffy is a good dude.
    i mean i left him a heart and all...
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Yeah figured. Thanks for letting me know.

Looks like the best bet if you are a diehard and below diamond is to just farm double gold today if you are lucky to win the player.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

You actually had me a "shaddap"

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited January 2020
    @drsmartassphd I remember you brought up the idea of recording your cheat outs. Any movement on that front? I'd love to see what you're seeing 😬
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

Ha! Yes, but can't do it today as I have something this evening and I am not playing any more today.

I might next week, but the way things are going, I'm playing less and less....

@Criffy, how many times have you cleared at Gold today?

I'm playing less and less....

Good for you, man! I decided not to buy field pass, and this is the first week day field pass I've skipped that I can remember. I slow played Hall of Fame for a few minutes earlier, but I just can't get into it. I am more than capable of cycling, but a combination of my work and having absolutely no desire to do so is stopping me
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    @Criffy, how many times have you cleared at Gold today?

going through my 7th cycle... had to take an hour off earlier
    Who are you using on Babe again?

Who are you using on Babe again?
    used peewee for the first 5, finally capped rajah and used him the last go around. he also went 1/2
    Some peewee's are stronger than others 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I made it through - 1 for 12 on the day.  I think that's it for me.  Gotta learn to just say no.
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Anyone use 560 Johnny bench on babe? Curious to know if he is better than pee wee. 

Well gents, I just got relieved of my potential duties for the evening. Lucky me. Just have to be on stand by in my man cave. Whoop

I'm gonna put on some metal and clear this fricker....hopefully. LOL

Gonna try a bunch of different stuff since I have what everyone else has. So far Harrah is 0-4, but he's been close.

Going with Reese for several rounds, then Hank. I have Raja, but don't have the funds to level him yet.

I'll spare everyone the round by round bitching. I'll just report back in a couple hours to see if any player had better luck.

Oh, I'm also almost out of gold too, so I know this will be painful.

• lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Video please @drsmartassphd !
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Some peewee's are stronger than others 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Apparently mine isn’t 🤣😂
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    For the love of God people! Please stop posting that woh is easy. 
    They'll never stop.  Also they bumped the stuff rating on Babe up to 387 in gold, and I got the noodle bat four times now with Pee Wee double 20.  I'll give it a go again later.

I got my ass handed to me with 80G.....came back and won with just a vid boost.

Go home GLU, you're drunk

Huh? That's a Glu move if I ever heard of one. Makes no sense what so ever...
    Cycled all star once and Hof once... done... no mas...double gold time for awhile then dinner time and a movie. Then it will be time to hit the hay. 
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    They'll never stop.  Also they bumped the stuff rating on Babe up to 387 in gold, and I got the noodle bat four times now with Pee Wee double 20.  I'll give it a go again later.

Oh, never mind then. Won't even waste my time with him. Appreciate the heads up on his stuff rating at 387. Combine that with a cheat rating at 60, then once again GLU has prevented gold players from cycle capping again.

I have never seen a company do everything it can to keep players from playing and enjoying a game like GLU does. Can't give an inch. LOL

I can honestly say that since the first 3-4 weeks of playing WOH back in April/May, I have never looked at any messages that flash on the screen. As far as I can tell all that stuff that flashes on the screen in between pitches is just background noise. Seems pointless to pay attention to it unless you're desperate for something to whine about.
    Glu has in no way prevented Gold players from cycle capping. The *only* thing preventing me from cycle capping as a gold player is time, as I only ever have 2-3 hours to play on Monday. I just did a quick cycle on my lunch break. You need to stop saying that it's impossible at Gold. Build a better team, I somehow doubt that criffy and myself are the only Gold players cycling with minimal losses on 6.9/6.10. 

I am genuinely curious about something you keep repeating. You keep saying that you get 9 straight unhittable pitches even with Brett 20/20 skills. I don't think you are being deceitful, but it is so far outside of my own experience that I have trouble taking it at face value. Since acquiring Brett & Pee Wee at 20/20 skills, while I have certainly had losses on the last rounds, I can say with certainty that I have never experienced 9 straight unhittable pitches in a row. It just seems so incredibly unlikely that your experience would be light years different than my own. Since acquiring these 2 I have only experienced 3 straight outs once, against Babe with Pee Wee, and that involved 2 noodle bat outs and only 1 unhittable pitch scripted out.

As others have said, it would be really interesting to see a video of what you are experiencing. If you are using the players you say you are with skills capped, your experience is completely out of line with my own. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    0-4 against Ruth and the same horseshit results lol
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Didn’t get didn’t get any of the good 540 double on skills rightys so I guess I’m screwed for a month. Hate this game

Since moving Yogi to 6.9 in place of BSD Brett, I haven't seen a single curve out. Getting to Babe now is a breeze.

So far Harrah is 1-8, Pee Wee is a painful 0-4...

Going to try Hank a little while.

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    @Waveburner, well written. Couldn’t agree more. Something is definitely off putting about this broken record. 
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts

Oh, never mind then. Won't even waste my time with him. Appreciate the heads up on his stuff rating at 387. Combine that with a cheat rating at 60, then once again GLU has prevented gold players from cycle capping again.

I have never seen a company do everything it can to keep players from playing and enjoying a game like GLU does. Can't give an inch. LOL

I can honestly say that since the first 3-4 weeks of playing WOH back in April/May, I have never looked at any messages that flash on the screen. As far as I can tell all that stuff that flashes on the screen in between pitches is just background noise. Seems pointless to pay attention to it unless you're desperate for something to whine about.
    Glu has in no way prevented Gold players from cycle capping. The *only* thing preventing me from cycle capping as a gold player is time, as I only ever have 2-3 hours to play on Monday. I just did a quick cycle on my lunch break. You need to stop saying that it's impossible at Gold. Build a better team, I somehow doubt that criffy and myself are the only Gold players cycling with minimal losses on 6.9/6.10. 

I am genuinely curious about something you keep repeating. You keep saying that you get 9 straight unhittable pitches even with Brett 20/20 skills. I don't think you are being deceitful, but it is so far outside of my own experience that I have trouble taking it at face value. Since acquiring Brett & Pee Wee at 20/20 skills, while I have certainly had losses on the last rounds, I can say with certainty that I have never experienced 9 straight unhittable pitches in a row. It just seems so incredibly unlikely that your experience would be light years different than my own. Since acquiring these 2 I have only experienced 3 straight outs once, against Babe with Pee Wee, and that involved 2 noodle bat outs and only 1 unhittable pitch scripted out.

As others have said, it would be really interesting to see a video of what you are experiencing. If you are using the players you say you are with skills capped, your experience is completely out of line with my own. 
    I’m at gold and have cycled twice. 2-5 with Peewee at 17/17 skills with 80g boost. It’s boring today, because I am not very fond of the reward. But cycling to get points for my club. 
    edited January 2020
    Hey, I don't care, I just loved the fact we had story time this morning. I keep going back to read it like a strange addiction, it keeps getting funnier and funnier every time I read it. Awesome stuff!!! 
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Molitor (D10 20/20) got it done first try with an 80 gold boost ! 

Went back to Harrah. Reese and Hank (who isn't anywhere near where I want him) were bad.

Since I quit using gold to boost, Harrah is 2-4. Makes total sense. My two losses were both me screwing it up too. Only saw one curve out in four rounds, and it was one of the ones I won.

Going for #3.

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited January 2020

6/6 so far with Baylor 20/20 80g. He was 12/13 two weeks ago as well. I used Bregman 16/16 last week (not cycle capping) and was good first 4 or 5 and then gradually RNG turned against me. YMMV but capped skills are the difference maker. 
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Gibson just let me load the bases with two outs and me down one. Curve out :(. Still yet to cycle a single time, probably since my closer is LL Trout, but oh well...0-5 on Ruth so far, mostly playing on my crappy ipad diamond team.