HoF for MLK: 550 and 540!

Comments

• fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Anyone use 560 Johnny bench on babe? Curious to know if he is better than pee wee. 
    560 Carter 16/16 close enough? I've been converted to the Blowout=trash camp. He's 0-4 with 2x 80g boosts. I'll try one more time after my video try resets, but then I'm done. Need a new RHB closer. 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    cb11 said:
    For the love of God people! Please stop posting that woh is easy. 
    They'll never stop.  Also they bumped the stuff rating on Babe up to 387 in gold, and I got the noodle bat four times now with Pee Wee double 20.  I'll give it a go again later.
    What was it before? It went from hard but beatable to impossible the last 2 weeks
    352?  356?  It was in the 350s I know that much.  I mentioned it awhile back when it first changed, so it's somewhere on the forum.
    Just no.  
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Waveburner said:
    » show previous quotes
    As others have said, it would be really interesting to see a video of what you are experiencing. If you are using the players you say you are with skills capped, your experience is completely out of line with my own. 
    I agree with him here @drsmartassphd ... It's hard for me to believe that its not just user error here. I know this game very very well, the ins and outs of woh, there's no way you'd be getting them "cheat outs" nonstop if you're using the dif players you say you are. But it'd be hard to take videos of it happening a night I suppose
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

As the day has progressed, as well as quit using gold, I'm not experiencing that as much at all. I can't explain that. Plus, moving BSD Brett lower and putting Yogi at 6.9 has sped up my simming big time.

I'm about to clear for my third time within the past 2.5 hours.

I am the one that stated I would try and record it. Tonight wasn't a good night to do that because I knew I wouldn't use gold. When I'm loaded up again I'll try.

But the game has been more fun since I stopped wasting gold, both from a "less curve" out perspective and I save friggin money. This ended up being a win win.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    fatDaddy said:
    Anyone use 560 Johnny bench on babe? Curious to know if he is better than pee wee. 
    560 Carter 16/16 close enough? I've been converted to the Blowout=trash camp. He's 0-4 with 2x 80g boosts. I'll try one more time after my video try resets, but then I'm done. Need a new RHB closer. 
    I’ve got 560 double RISP Carter at 16/16 as well. I gotta say this guy has been the biggest let down on my team in pretty well all modes. I actually don’t even use him over 6-2
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Ladies and gents. It can be done! I hate that I’m gonna say this, but I got a stronger PeeWee and he’s 16/17 501 overall. I coughed up the 1500 gold. Got it done in extras. 

@slafrance2 Very nice.  I just got through it as well.  Babe didn't noodle bat me to death this time.
    Just no.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I normally don't care for the LL and I normally get him. Today, he's a huge part of a bonus and of course, I've come up empty. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Anyone else using Griffey on 6.9? It doesn’t feel right for me to swing Brett’s big white dick in Gibson’s face on MLK Day 
    Anyone else using Griffey on 6.9? It doesn’t feel right for me to swing Brett’s big white dick in Gibson’s face on MLK Day 
    Lol I do, but I usually 80g boost there
    Just no.  
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Had some luck with Griffey earlier but lost the last couple to Gibson curve outs when the game got close. Can’t even get past 6.3 now. Won’t miss this at all when 2020 comes out. 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @drsmartassphd i don't know how you had trouble with 80g on gibson. i didn't lose against him once all day with 80g using george, griff or yogi. as others have mentioned, we don't seem to have the same experience as you with the same rated player and situations. i was only shaming you in fun earlier, but agree with @nwaredstar77 that there's gotta be some user error if you're losing with 80g regularly on 6.9 with a fully loaded 540+ 2x skills always on.
    edited January 2020
    @criffy Once I put Yogi at 6.9, I didn’t lose to Gibson again, and I didn’t use gold.

I can get to 6.10 ridiculously fast now.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    @drsmartassphd

i want to see a full roster shot of your 6.5 - 6.10 guys.  I’m just baffled at your struggles sometimes 
  • ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Woh tip #2

If you can’t get it done at your current tier, you should think about moving up to Diamond life !!!

Way easier!!!! Only my 2nd week at Diamond.

Staying at GOLD in 2020....

So this is somewhat random, but I decided to level up that LL Machado and he’s worked pretty nice for the 6.5 .6.6 area that I was struggling in. 
    @Reeces I would agree, but the bonus games is such a chore to me. 
    @drsmartassphd

i want to see a full roster shot of your 6.5 - 6.10 guys.  I’m just baffled at your struggles sometimes 

I'll post my roster again in a bit.

I just hit some crap RNG early in the day. My intent wasn't to play the rest of the day due to plans I had. Plans fell through, and when I did play, I was almost out of gold. Stated on here when I was going to play that I knew I would lose, but I would try different guys to see if any had better results during the process. I'm trying to find my "Eddie Matthews" for Babe right now because Harrah isn't holding up since they made Babe almost impossible to beat. He's beatable, but he isn't "cycle cap" beatable.

My only "complaint" early on was Gibby curving me. When I came back later for my unexpected play time, I put Yogi in place of Brett at 6.9 and it was on.

Last night, while out of gold and trying Reese, Harrah, Grich, and Aaron, I cleared twice and would have a third, but I had to quit. I am at a point now where I can go through HoF 1.1 through 6.9 in about 22-25 minutes. I just need a fix for Babe.

Last night I made a HUGE mistake and leveled Grich due to feedback from others having success with Carter. Grich lost every match (as expected) but what I didn't expect was for him not to record a single hit. Ouch. That was 100K LxP wasted (and then some for skills). Oh well, it will be back to not playing again!

• BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    It’s called HoF for a reason.. I’m gold. Cycled 6x with Kingman(18/18 skills).. he did lose to babe more than I liked though, so I’m bumping his skills Wednesday when FRs drop.. he went like 6 for 12 vs babe 80g boost.. ted(20/20) lost to Gibson the first time with a video boost, but then didn’t the rest of the day with just a video boost. Idk. Plus I couldn’t start playing until 4-5 hours into it..  if your guys teams are stacked as you say: I think like @criffy said: you just suck. 

Kingman(18/18 skills)..

Is he 540 or 560? I remember he was Double RHP

Kingman may be the guy...

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

As the day has progressed, as well as quit using gold, I'm not experiencing that as much at all. I can't explain that. Plus, moving BSD Brett lower and putting Yogi at 6.9 has sped up my simming big time.

I'm about to clear for my third time within the past 2.5 hours.

I am the one that stated I would try and record it. Tonight wasn't a good night to do that because I knew I wouldn't use gold. When I'm loaded up again I'll try.

But the game has been more fun since I stopped wasting gold, both from a "less curve" out perspective and I save friggin money. This ended up being a win win.

Two things:

Ive been where you are in gold and said some of the same exact things about not getting the pitches. People responded in kind referencing skill levels. I eventually took the hint and when I made the jump to diamond started capping skills. Its night and day even in diamond with capped v uncapped. How else could I explain using a 510 w/capped skills at over 90% success rate while a 530 at 16/16 was getting through at around 60%? Granted, there are times you won’t get a free pass when fully capped but that’s the way it goes.

Second thing, I’ve found at times using gold when a vid boost is sufficient to be a hinderance. No idea why but yesterday yogi had trouble at 6.8 with 40g. I switched to vid and he proceeded to go 11/11. Go figure. 
  • BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts

Kingman(18/18 skills)..

Is he 540 or 560? I remember he was Double RHP

Kingman may be the guy...

Thought so. My Harrah is above your Kingman, and dominated Babe up until a couple weeks ago.

Even with no gold, I beat him twice last night with Harrah, but to be able to cycle cap now without blowing a ton of gold is difficult.

@dustyhunks: yes, it is clear that diamond players are going to have the most fun from here on out. GLU made that move obvious a couple weeks ago. I'm not spending anymore money, so I'm good where I am. Not worth making any more moves at this point.

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    cycle capping is not supposed to be free - it wasn't for most of the season and we had maybe 2 or 3 weeks of easy cycle capping before the most recent bump (without a lot of gold spent). i think that's the problem with your line of thought. it cost me 5k or so in gold yesterday to cycle cap. still worth getting 150k lxp out of it though.
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts

Second thing, I’ve found at times using gold when a vid boost is sufficient to be a hinderance. No idea why but yesterday yogi had trouble at 6.8 with 40g. I switched to vid and he proceeded to go 11/11. Go figure. 
    I think this was just a RNG thing, as in you would also have lost with video boost when you did with 40g boost

edited January 2020
    1994EXPOS said:

I think this was just a RNG thing, as in you would also have lost with video boost when you did with 40g boost

Fwiw, 20x times thru and Yogi lost exactly once at 6.8 without any boost. 

Thought so. My Harrah is above your Kingman, and dominated Babe up until a couple weeks ago.

Even with no gold, I beat him twice last night with Harrah, but to be able to cycle cap now without blowing a ton of gold is difficult.

@dustyhunks: yes, it is clear that diamond players are going to have the most fun from here on out. GLU made that move obvious a couple weeks ago. I'm not spending anymore money, so I'm good where I am. Not worth making any more moves at this point.

@drsmartassphd For more context, I also lost once at 6.9 and twice at 6.10 all day(all with the 80g). WoH has been one of the biggest diamond advantages all year.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

All you guys talking about having capped skills for players have to realize that you're making either a monetary or time commitment that the average player can't make.  As an example, I have 540 Pee Wee with double LI skills.  He's my best righty bat (taking into account skills, as most of my 560s have blowout skill).  But by next month he'll be two levels below the highest rated guys in the game.  And to cap his skills would could cost me what, about 10K gold?  It's just not feasible for me to spend $100 worth of gold on a guy who will be relevant for 4-6 weeks. 

I didn't even try to cycle yesterday, taking a blessed day off, so this isn't a sour grapes post.  I'm just pointing out that if capping skills is necessary to cycle regularly, then Glu is pricing most gamers out of playing.  Between the cost and the crappy rewards (i.e., another righty catcher with the same skills as Carter and Bench, two of the  main box reward guys this month), there is less and less reason to play WOH.  One would think Glu would be trying to get us to play more, not less. 

• ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    @Reeces I would agree, but the bonus games is such a chore to me. 
    I agree is a chore... and that is why IMO the $15 FP is MUST for Diamond. 
    Once you start seeing the wins adding up and earning GOLD for them, you will see bonus games differently.
    Staying at GOLD in 2020....

criffy said:
    cycle capping is not supposed to be free - it wasn't for most of the season and we had maybe 2 or 3 weeks of easy cycle capping before the most recent bump (without a lot of gold spent). i think that's the problem with your line of thought. it cost me 5k or so in gold yesterday to cycle cap. still worth getting 150k lxp out of it though.

Two things I am perfectly fine with when it comes to WoH HoF and cycle capping:

1) I don't expect to beat 6.10 every time. With my team, 40-50%, IMO, is not an unreasonable expectation. I also expect to lose rounds before 6.10, but I also know when there is frickery there.

2) I don't expect to cycle cap for free. The 7 or so players I have cycle capped prior cost me about 3-4K in gold. I have no problems with that at all.

I'm at the point with WoH where I really don't care any longer, and I don't intend to spend a crap ton. Yesterday was an unexpected day of play for me. My intent wasn't to play again after the first Gibson fiasco, which was later resolved. My intent yesterday was to potentially help by giving feedback on using different players against Babe. Once I realized they tinkered with his ratings again, I got the hint.

I am also aware diamond players have the advantage, which they should. I just think it is silly of GLU to deter everyone else below, but that's what they want. No big deal to me. It isn't costing me money any longer.

What cracks me up the most is GLU would have gotten likely a couple more hundred from me the past six weeks or so had they not intentionally screwed everything up. I spend more money when I win and/or feel like I'm getting a fair shake. Their loss, though I'm sure they don't care.

Metsicans said:

All you guys talking about having capped skills for players have to realize that you're making either a monetary or time commitment that the average player can't make.  As an example, I have 540 Pee Wee with double LI skills.  He's my best righty bat (taking into account skills, as most of my 560s have blowout skill).  But by next month he'll be two levels below the highest rated guys in the game.  And to cap his skills would could cost me what, about 10K gold?  It's just not feasible for me to spend $100 worth of gold on a guy who will be relevant for 4-6 weeks. 

I didn't even try to cycle yesterday, taking a blessed day off, so this isn't a sour grapes post.  I'm just pointing out that if capping skills is necessary to cycle regularly, then Glu is pricing most gamers out of playing.  Between the cost and the crappy rewards (i.e., another righty catcher with the same skills as Carter and Bench, two of the  main box reward guys this month), there is less and less reason to play WOH.  One would think Glu would be trying to get us to play more, not less. 

I have a bigger issue with the Monday 'requirement' more than anything. You're right though. This game is made for guys who spend a lot of time and/or money.