HoF players?

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Seems like they're making these dudes bonuses. If it's the same ones we already have, that's going to be great. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Aren't those the guys from the $50 special?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Seems like they're making these dudes bonuses. If it's the same ones we already have, that's going to be great. 

Looks like they are but don’t remember an Adam Dunn. The others are repeats though. 
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    Only $50 for 2 day bonus on dated players it’s a deal no lxp to level them but yeah 2019 is ending so unlike 2018. Looking forward to my increase in free time I will have this summer
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    I uh... traded Vizquel in ...
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Just confirmed: 

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Vizquel was the only one of these guys to get enough votes to even stay on the ballot next year. The other three aren’t likely to ever get in.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I would spend $50 on Jeter maybe. But these recycled crap guys? No thanks 
    PS. Every single one has blowout. 
    They all blow..
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Literally hoping for any skill combination that doesn’t include blowout tomorrow... glu may be profitable $$$ but they leave soooo much on the table with their bad repetitive decisions.  

For those that already have them, it's free bonus players....which is the point of the thread.
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    Can we start a new poll what skills is Jeter getting? Double Gift Baskets maybe.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Literally hoping for any skill combination that doesn’t include blowout tomorrow... glu may be profitable $$$ but they leave soooo much on the table with their bad repetitive decisions.  

New boxes tomorrow, but No WOH.  Weekend Royale.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Jeter?  Tomorrow?  👀 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Unless Jeter played Catcher, I wouldn’t expect to see him. Seems to be the running theme with the new boxes
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    I hear you, but for those of us Diamond guys that play a lot of bonus games and cycle D6, don’t knock the blowout skill. I have that Vizquel and he has a .829 batting average for with 5.0 AB/HR. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Horse42 said:
    I hear you, but for those of us Diamond guys that play a lot of bonus games and cycle D6, don’t knock the blowout skill. I have that Vizquel and he has a .829 batting average for with 5.0 AB/HR. 
    Any capped legend is going to produce at diamond level. That doesn’t make his skill useful. I mean, if he is the difference between you winning by 30 runs instead of 20 runs, who cares? Cvc is really the only legit argument for blowout skill. 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Has Jeter ever been in TSB  since he retired?
    Well, those extra 10 runs means there were at least an extra 10 at-bats. That most certainly gives bonus players more chances to earn you bonus points 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    How about an ATG Jeter with double late innings for $100?  Glu would make some serious coin off that - of course it will never happen. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I uh... traded Vizquel in ...
    same, but wasnt leveling him regardless.   Lxp is too precious to be used on 520,540 guys who are bonuses for two events.
    Derek Jeter not happening according to Dusty:

• EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I think we are missing the boat here.  I want to see a Legend Larry Walker.  He was a hitting beast and he is left handed.  I want them to create a 1997 Walker -  .366 ave .452 obp .720 slug 1.172 ops 49 homers, 46 doubles, 33 stolen bases, a gold glove and no steroids.  
    Well, those extra 10 runs means there were at least an extra 10 at-bats. That most certainly gives bonus players more chances to earn you bonus points 🤷🏻‍♂️
    This is spot on. When I want to score points, I put in all my blowouts guys in even if they're not bonus players because they will get my actual bonus players more at bats.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I think we are missing the boat here.  I want to see a Legend Larry Walker.  He was a hitting beast and he is left handed.  I want them to create a 1997 Walker -  .366 ave .452 obp .720 slug 1.172 ops 49 homers, 46 doubles, 33 stolen bases, a gold glove and no steroids.  
    I was thinking the same thing. He would be much more valuable to most than jeter
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Nice, hopefully we can import Coors Field too while we're at it. 
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Horse42 said:
    Any capped legend is going to produce at diamond level. That doesn’t make his skill useful. I mean, if he is the difference between you winning by 30 runs instead of 20 runs, who cares? Cvc is really the only legit argument for blowout skill. 
    Not quite. I have capped 540/560 Legends with great WOH skills, but they are batting over 100 points lower than 500/520 legends with the blowout. For bonus games, my right-handed hitting LL Rendon at 520 with double blowout skill is hitting 30 points higher than my 540 lefty Double Trouble George Brett. But, of course for HOF, Brett is my closer and Rendon isn’t even in my lineup. When scoring points for prime/ bonus games, lineup turnover is important. Thanks to the blowout skill on my bonus/prime lineup, I get over 20-25 at bats per game, so I’m able to level just 1 or 2 bonus players, and I can score a lot of points per game because they get 20-25 at bats per game. When I have other players in my lineup without the blowout skill, I get significantly less runs and at bats per game, so my 1-2 bonus players don’t have nearly as many opportunities to score points. That’s why I never understood why people knock the blowout skill so much. For me, it’s the greatest skill to have for high scores in bonus games.