The Forum World Series! - Sign up deadline Wednesday 12/11, 3pm eastern

Comments

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Uhh, those look pretty active to me....what am I missing?

why are the icons illuminated but the boosts not applied?

Bgs/seasonals/tourneys/prime games are very inconsistent. Sometimes, the boosts icon will light up and work, sometimes they will light up and not work(like the one pictured in @Metsicans' post. Other times, it will not light up at all. It's been that way ever since skills were introduced and unfortunately, it didn't get addressed in '19. Fwiw, no such issues are known for WoH and CvC.

It's just wrong.  If you advertise something, and require in-game currency to obtain it, you should obtain the benefit you bargained for.  Especially because in-game currency often costs real money.

I know it's "just" the Forum World Series, but I had a real chance in my game, it was 1-0.  Stat boosts could have made the difference.  Maybe not (my opponent's boosts could have been inactive too for all I know).  But it would have been nice if the game worked properly so we could all find out. 

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    DFBB said:
    Uhh, those look pretty active to me....what am I missing?

why are the icons illuminated but the boosts not applied?

Bgs/seasonals/tourneys/prime games are very inconsistent. Sometimes, the boosts icon will light up and work, sometimes they will light up and not work(like the one pictured in @Metsicans' post. Other times, it will not light up at all. It's been that way ever since skills were introduced and unfortunately, it didn't get addressed in '19. Fwiw, no such issues are known for WoH and CvC.

It's just wrong.  If you advertise something, and require in-game currency to obtain it, you should obtain the benefit you bargained for.  Especially because in-game currency often costs real money.

I know it's "just" the Forum World Series, but I had a real chance in my game, it was 1-0.  Stat boosts could have made the difference.  Maybe not (my opponent's boosts could have been inactive too for all I know).  But it would have been nice if the game worked properly so we could all find out. 

100%.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I’m just here to see what prize @blueleopard will have
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • awesomepossum9awesomepossum9 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Metsicans said:

Congrats to @awesomepossum9 who won a 5 game nail-biter, 1-0 in Game 5. 

The fifth game dramatically shined a late on skill-gate, because my skills were inactive the entire game.  Without those skill boosts, I had no chance against Gaylord Perry.  Top of the 9th, my worst hitter comes up, but at least he has double active Late Innings skill...nope, skills not active.  Argh.  

I’m facing the same thing in the next round
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    @Horse42
    Ill start a game with you after the event tonight once I get my bonus players out :#

PM sent in game @Horse42, i realized i shouldnt start a game till i make sure you have your lineup sent.
    Congrats to @Horse42 for winning the diamond bracket 
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    Big shoutout and many thanks to @criffy for setting this up. It was fun and challenging. Hope we can do it again. 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    congrats @Horse42 !! saw the game come down to late innings in game 5, what a way to end it!
    Just providing an update - we're almost wrapped up folks.

@awesomepossum9 is waiting for the winner of the remaining semifinals match featuring @GordonBombay and @mtrinks76 - series is tied at 1-1 at the moment. Hopefully can wrap this up in the next week!
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    So who was the winner and what was the great prize @blueleopard got them?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    gold bracket still going on. @GordonBombay vs. @awesomepossum9 in the finals. Gordo's up 2-1 in the series. currently in game 4.

other winners: @Horse42 for diamond bracket and @fahhq2 for silver bracket
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    My TS has improved by 55K since this thing started. When does Season 2 start? 
    what, did you finally learn how to play the game? only took you the last month...
    And we're wrapped up. @GordonBombay took the final series 3-1 over @awesomepossum9 in the gold bracket. Congrats to all of our winners!

Although the tourney slowed down in pace in the later rounds, it seems like all of the participants had fun with this. Had a fun time organizing it, maybe we do one more at the end of the season (late Feb?) - but not committing to it.

To @blueleopard - the winners of the tournament were:
    Silver: @fahhq2 (in-game name: JeffSpicoli)
    Gold: @GordonBombay (in-game name: ReggieDunlop)
    Diamond: @Horse42 (in-game name: Horse42)

Interested to see what cool prize @blueleopard was talking about but this was created in the name of good ol' fun, without a prize in mind. Custom stickers maybe? ;)
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Thanks again @criffy
    it was a fun experience, but a prize would be great too!
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    How about a dislike sticker we can post on here, as a consolation prize I would take DFBB’s custom player since he really doesn’t need it on his team.  
    criffy said:
    what, did you finally learn how to play the game? only took you the last month...

Haha for real. If the WS started today I’d be the #4 or #5 instead of #22 seed 😂

congrats @GordonBombay @fahhq2 @Horse42

Next time let’s go big. A full season showdown. Everyone plays everyone and 6 best records make the playoffs. 
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Majority of us just got back from the holiday shutdown on Monday, and I've been trying to catch up since last Thursday.  So give me a minute to reconfirm with our guys, and I'll be in touch with @GordonBombay @fahhq2 @Horse42.

Congrats y'all!
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Majority of us just got back from the holiday shutdown on Monday, and I've been trying to catch up since last Thursday.  So give me a minute to reconfirm with our guys, and I'll be in touch with @GordonBombay @fahhq2 @Horse42.

Congrats y'all!
    Happy holidays Blue!  Congrats to the finishers! Thanks again for getting this up and running @criffy   👌🤘🤘🤛
    Can we open a silver division?
    Sure, just add the sign up columns to the spreadsheet. Hopefully we can draw @mythicaldragon back to participate with his all 520 team ;)
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Absolutely! I think I just missed the last one it must have been at the end of my “ I quit F this game period” lol. All 560s and two 540s now 😬 minus pitchers they don’t matter 😂. Although in this particular case they do?! 🤔 Yup I’ll get slaughtered but will be fun to participate! Im in! 👍🏻 when is it happening how do I sign up? Thanks 
    My SP’s are 520, 510, 500, 500, 500  😕
    Has anyone actually received their custom players yet?
    fahhq2 said:
    me: nope
    @GordonBombay : nope
    @fahhq2 : nope
    maybe @Horse42 did but who knows
    Thanks @criffy
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    damn...thought we were rolling this again.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    criffy said:
    fahhq2 said:
    Not yet. They told me to wait a few weeks because Glu switched offices. By that time TSB20 will be here. 
    Horse42 said:
    criffy said:
    fahhq2 said:
    Not yet. They told me to wait a few weeks because Glu switched offices. By that time TSB20 will be here. 

Probably because someone pissed all over the old office, you can thank this guy...

• BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Did anyone ever get rewarded for their winning?