2020 version of game.

pelhbelowpelhbelow Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
Is it true we lose all but three of our players when new game comes out,if so I'll lose alot of money I spent on my players. Are we compensated for these loses.

Answers

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited January 2020
    You don't 'lose' any of your players for '19. For '20, however, you'll be able to bring some players along. Last season, keepers were introduced and we were able to transfer two batters and one pitcher. So far, no specific details for keepers have been stated for '20.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Three bats, instead of 2 batters and a pitcher, would make me happy. 😁
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    pelhbelow said:
    Is it true we lose all but three of our players when new game comes out,if so I'll lose alot of money I spent on my players. Are we compensated for these loses.

To be clearer, the game starts over with every new version. Think of it as MLB 19 and MLB 20. Two different games with different rosters to shape.

Also, go Diamond.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    5 posts- point well taken. Go diamond
  • BlurkerBlurker Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Now I'm thinking maybe I should go diamond. 
  • BlurkerBlurker Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Hahah.  Sorry about that, hitting 'post comment' doesn't acknowledge that it's been posted and just stays on the entry box.
  • RangeDangeRangeDange Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Do you get any credit for your keepers based on how much they were leveled up or do they start at Bronze 1?
    Do you get any credit for your keepers based on how much they were leveled up or do they start at Bronze 1
  • mancov2001mancov2001 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    Do you get any credit for your keepers based on how much they were leveled up or do they start at Bronze 1
    Bronze 1
    So at this point in the game, i'm guessing the only real motivation is to save as much gold as possible to buy boxes hoping for a legend better than you already have for next year.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    2019 keepers started at Bronze 1 but took regular XP. However they take a ton of regular XP to level up and the skills also require significantly more resources. They also were knocked down from their true max value and still are. My max 550 keepers are at 539 right now. Disappointing for a program that was marketed as your dominance will continue. I hope they make it better this year.
    How is it disappointing? My keeper mays can get past Ruth. My keeper hosmer is still my starting 1b and my keeper Gibson hardly ever gives up a run. To be that effective after 10 months is not disappointing to me. 
    How is it disappointing? My keeper mays can get past Ruth. My keeper hosmer is still my starting 1b and my keeper Gibson hardly ever gives up a run. To be that effective after 10 months is not disappointing to me. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I wonder what it would take for GLU to put together a game guide or manual.

That would avoid a TON of confusion for customers, as well as help new customers determine where best to spend time, effort, and money. I know I wasted a lot of money early on doing dumb things because there was no manual and they didn't alert me to this forum until about the fourth or fifth question I had.

Of course, the more I learn about GLU, the more I realize this is intentional too.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• bpittman75721bpittman75721 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    What’s the advantage of going diamond? 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    one of the big advantages is you only post once on each thread instead of 3 times.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts

That would avoid a TON of confusion for customers, as well as help new customers determine where best to spend time, effort, and money. I know I wasted a lot of money early on doing dumb things because there was no manual and they didn't alert me to this forum until about the fourth or fifth question I had.

Of course, the more I learn about GLU, the more I realize this is intentional too.

Exactly, the more confusion Glu causes on new players the more money new players spend. It's 100% intentional.

Exactly, the more confusion Glu causes on new players the more money new players spend. It's 100% intentional.

Now that was intentional
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    2003cobra said:

Because the skills were five times more expensive to level up than any player that’s been released in 2019 and because they’ve kept the player ratings knocked down to where they are never the best players. It was a nice addition to the game but was not really as advertised.
    one of the big advantages is you only post once on each thread instead of 3 times.

Awesome, thanks for answering the question.  
  • sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    Any word on when the 2020 version is being release