Is Jack Clark a WOH Closer?

2Next

Comments

• snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    I really wish you would go diamond so you can truly understand what it's like. For every one that thinks it's super easy to be a diamond team, you need to understand that comes with quite a few sacrifices. The resources needed not only to level players, but to cycle d6 and simply maintain your team is high. I'm getting a little tired of hearing people that put one tenth of the effort in complaining about diamond teams. A person that's played under 10k games vs people that have played 60-200k games. A person that has spent hundreds versus people that have spent thousands, or a person that has spent thousands versus people that have spent tens of thousands. perhaps a person that spends 4 hours versus people that spend 14 hours.

Long story short- you're exaggerating the game sucking off diamond players and disregarding the time and/or money and/or strategy put in. 

Thereareplenty of diamond teams that have spent well over $10k and can't/don't even know how to cycle WOH. They just get bonus players and slow play for points, never imagining they could actually be cycling. There are also diamond teams that don't cycle woh because they don't want to, and have a team built for other modes. 

Yup. I have a guy in my club who has (in every version of the game) built his team slowly up to diamond. He hates woh and plays the other modes. His current favorite mode, beating me one on one. Lol! Not everyone plays because of woh. He is always trying to talk me into moving up to diamond so I can be more competitive in our 1 on 1 matches, instead of him kicking my a** everytime. Haha! 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    snowy24 said:
     His current favorite mode, beating me one on one. Lol! 

Hahahah! That's awesome! There aren't very many that even play head to head, but it's cool to hear club mates going at it
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If the rumors are true, @SandlotGuru, you will be glad you waited until tomorrow. 😉
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    DFBB said:
    If the rumors are true, @SandlotGuru, you will be glad you waited until tomorrow. 😉
    Why so ?
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Why so ?

It’s the last weekend of January so I assume we will be getting the double woh skill guys and then next week 580s with the crap skills 🤔
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Why so ?

Judging by the subject of this very thread, we can assume a righty WoH finisher is rumored to be released tomorrow ;)
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    I got what he meant, I wanted some details !!!
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I got what he meant, I wanted some details !!!
    to quote our good friends,  stay tunned
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Bowa is Back!!!!
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    snowy24 said:
     His current favorite mode, beating me one on one. Lol! 

Hahahah! That's awesome! There aren't very many that even play head to head, but it's cool to hear club mates going at it
    Lol! He keeps a log of his wins against me. Lets just say I have won maybe 25 games against him all year. 😂😂 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I wish it were true. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Why so ?

It’s the last weekend of January so I assume we will be getting the double woh skill guys and then next week 580s with the crap skills 🤔
    Has there even been a double woh skill legend this year? 🤔 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Deleted. 
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    edited January 2020
    edit: Phil Rizzuto and Don Baylor both had double WOH skills
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    Looks like double RHP and double LHP legends are the big prizes this weekend!
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Bigburg said:
    That would be nice! Maybe even 580 max since BXP guys got a bump up today?!
  • BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    eman0023 said:
    Bigburg said:
    That would be nice! Maybe even 580 max since BXP guys got a bump up today?!
    Nope, they're still 560 for the weekend...
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
     Impossible to hit a HR off The Babe? Kiner 18/18 took him deep opposite field first pitch during my last cycle. Gibson, OTOH, nothing but doubles. 
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    How could you not want Jack the ripper closing for you in woh?! Is he still available? I might log on just to try to get him quick. Would love to have him and will the thrill as my keepers for '20, just like the beginning of '19
    How could you not want Jack the ripper closing for you in woh?! Is he still available? I might log on just to try to get him quick. Would love to have him and will the thrill as my keepers for '20, just like the beginning of '19
    No sir, you're a few days late.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Prolly for the best... If you could send me a msg if/when they release will @retirepujols that'd be much appreciated! I'll drop a pretty penny to get him for a keeper, just for nostalgias sake :)
    Prolly for the best... If you could send me a msg if/when they release will @retirepujols that'd be much appreciated! I'll drop a pretty penny to get him for a keeper, just for nostalgias sake :)
    I'd rather save you the money 😃 I'll send you a message when they release a good sticker, though. Are you still on line? I've gone through a few accounts in the past month or two..
    edited January 2020
    I'd rather save you the money 😃 I'll send you a message when they release a good sticker, though. Are you still on line? I've gone through a few accounts in the past month or two..
    I havent logged in it for forever. Send me a message, I'll go grab that phone 
    Edit - I'm a dirty liar, I'll msg you later when I can tho. I wont forget :p
    Done
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    ihuffglu said:
    edit: Phil Rizzuto and Don Baylor both had double WOH skills
    I remember now... I had that rizzuto he was a woh reward. Memory bad