What do you think the #1 failure of Glu this year with TSB?

ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
Alright everyone this is a very contentious subject for everyone involved but it needs to be asked. Let's not be uncivil or nasty but let's do this in a constructive manner as if a developer, a vice president or CEO were just so happen to stumble onto this thread and take it seriously and make the necessary changes. I'm listing some options but if one is not representative please do express the failure in the discussion.

What do you think the #1 failure of Glu this year with TSB? 66 votes

Yogigate
0%
Bowagate
4%
fatDaddyBigburgtoddgurley30 3 votes
Camperinis debacle
0%
Running WoH into the ground
22%
MattattackDantemavericksfahhq2DPKSMulderkenbarnstormbombersJCAM80blueprintsBlackFang4bobremRookieTappercb11jalapenocubbiesRippersTXAG17 15 votes
Not developing season mode into something more
1%
nwaredstar77 1 vote
Glu's insistence of pushing prime, bonus and tournaments
0%
Every hitter had the same hitting value
3%
DomerHomerjerrye23 2 votes
The grind for diamond players
1%
Bigpredfan 1 vote
Greed on a whole new level from previous years
36%
Mickey01023TBone66spaghettiloverToughthundercatsProbodybuilderItsouttahere2dkarski87JEDDDOGGYspooman2003cobraTheLegend17likenightgoodbadnocreditTBWepaTdub71jrichmanesqAgulierspeedDETROITCITYCLUBScottsdalesmashadhdhitman 24 votes
Mine is not on here but I'm listing it below
30%
DFBBhornsup17ihuffglumatt_sackettslafrance2aaronchennnavyjack77buddydaveWaveburnereman0023retirepujolsFrankTheTank04mythicaldragoncriffyMillecorsBigBibbins333drsmartassphdTyroneEastwoodHorse42cooldowncanadacubs 20 votes
Prev13

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    A combination of the top three. The deceitful bait and switch needs to stop. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    The fact that glu would wait until the week before the bump to create players with double WOH skills... and then once the bump happens give us double blowouts and some useless shit.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I agree with Pujols, but another thing is how they treated BXP guys and forced prime and legends on us hard. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    The fact that glu would wait until the week before the bump to create players with double WOH skills... and then once the bump happens give us double blowouts and some useless shit.
    Yup, that's a good one. That was a huge frustration for me as well.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I feel there are lot of things Glu did to upset its loyal fan base while making some changes that intended to bring in new customers. It seems like there were a lot more mistakes made by the dev teams than in the past and to make matters worse, were not admitted to (the first three listed are great examples). I also feel like the decision to not make Gold a necessity to level up through Diamond was a main reason they did not continually have the top rated players available in WOH. This was one of my biggest disappointments this year. I went Diamond too early in ‘18, and had a difficult time catching up. I went Diamond early this year as well, but felt I knew what I needed to do to stay caught up. Cycling D6 as often as possible is a must if you go Diamond, which is why Field Pass was by far my favorite new feature. I can’t remember a week or two since it was released not purchasing FP for the week. Still love playing the game as much as I did when I started playing, but I do hope they clean things up in ‘20 (that is if they even continue the game next year).
    edited January 2020
    A combination of the top three. The deceitful bait and switch needs to stop. 
    Dang, I should have put bait and switch on the top and would have freed up two more slots. I think that is up there for me as well as running WoH into the ground this year. They also need to do away with the prime games. They had their time and place but it's time to get rid of them and maybe ( just an idea now) replace it with WoH. Idk seems too simple to me...
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    I wish I could pick a few. The one that aggravates me the most was when the "update" released in July knocked out scores of Android users. I was unable to even load the game for 20 days (I believe it was 20, may have been a couple more). Customer service was absolutely no help during that debacle. It took them 5 days to even acknowledge that such a problem existed. How do you release an "update" without first ensuring that it will not render the game unplayable for a portion of your customer base? And don't even get me started on Bowa...
    edited January 2020
    I wish I could pick a few. The one that aggravates me the most was when the "update" released in July knocked out scores of Android users. I was unable to even load the game for 20 days (I believe it was 20, may have been a couple more). Customer service was absolutely no help during that debacle. It took them 5 days to even acknowledge that such a problem existed. How do you release an "update" without first ensuring that it will not render the game unplayable for a portion of your customer base? And don't even get me started on Bowa...
    I was going to put the updates debacles on there but ran out slots. Yes, a big failure on Glu's part this year hopefully going forward they can clean that up. It's definitely an unnecessary failure, one that could have been prevented.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I would have to go way back to the beginning of the year when @Houmy I think first stated why do I need to play woh when I can get a better player from boxes...?Or something like that.
    They have completely ruined the best part of the game that being woh imo. Last year I needed to cycle woh to get the best players (and it was fun) not having a top current overall player in woh is a big issue for me. What’s the point?? I can build a better team buying boxes now! 
    Also the predictability of the boxes is ridiculous with good players being released at the end of the month right before the bump. Repetitive players with with blowout skill over and over. 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    cool down. that is all
    criffy said:
    cool down. that is all
    Sorry guys I missed that one. That's a great one. I think everyone can agree on that!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I can actually semi-defend most of the things on the list except for Bowagate. Imo, that was simply inexcusable. My biggest issue is a lack of communication. We know things don't always go perfect and unfortunately, we've come to expect mishaps on a daily basis. The problem is that there little to zero communication and we're forced to guess  or take a wait and see approach. Coupled with the inconsistent CS and it's very easy to get frustrated. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • spaghettiloverspaghettilover Registered Users 59 Posts
    I voted for greed, mostly with the XP.

The fact that the team prize for winning CVC is STILL just 1,500 regular XP is an absolute joke. I forget when it happened last year, but the team prize for a CVC win was 5,000 Prime XP for a long time. It motivated people to log on and help the team win. Now there's absolutely no motivation. If people don't have a bonus player, there's no reason for them to play at all. It's not worth it. You could argue that 40,000 cash for a team loss is a better prize, especially if you're grinding out bonus games.

They never added Prime XP to Slugfest. At the beginning of the year, I invested a TON in my slugfest team and it ended up being an enormous waste of time and resources. Last year, I believe beating tier 5 earned you 15,000 Prime XP and unlocked an even tougher tier 6. Why not do that?! Make it very difficult to cycle, but at least have that 15,000 Prime XP as a nice reward.

They couldn't throw us 500 Prime XP for beating certain tiers of WOH? Just a little bit here and there that adds up over time? Nope. So stingy with the XP and remained stingy till the end. They were handing XP out like candy this time last year because why not? Everyone knew the update was around the corner, so they let us have fun with it.

I haven't even considered spending money since October and I'm planning on being F2P in 2020.
  • BizertoBizerto Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    I’m just pissed there isn’t enough cool stickers. @retirepujols
    DFBB said:
    The problem is that there little to zero communication and we're forced to guess  or take a wait and see approach. 
    I disagree. I think the lack of communication is a symptom of the problem, which is constant mishaps. If these guys weren't constantly messing things up and releasing unfinished products, we wouldn't need that communication 😬 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    So many things to list. Most recently those skills on Mickey Mantle!!! 🤬🤬
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    The WoH reward & fan rewards Legends need to be top tier players. The time investment (WoH)& gold investment(FR) should not be for a 2 event rental. This was never the case in 2018
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I voted for the greed mostly on xp. They finally got some colossal lxp boxes but it’s rather late in the season now. Woh used to have top tier players-not so much this year. Did I forget to mention how much I hate the cool down period?  My wallet certainly cooled down. I thought that’s what they meant when it said cool down. With only 2 months left this season glu should really try to keep us happy and engaged 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Cooldown. It destroyed the community. I stopped blowing hundreds of dollars a week bc of it. No motive to play competitively since. @nwaredstar77 @retirepujols
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    Main failure was never developing this game into a finished product. This is such a beta it's actually funny 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    It was WOH for me. Just all the changes to it made it to much of a chore and didn’t enjoy it at all. There were a lot of things I liked that they did but far more that I didn’t enjoy. 
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    I could list a handful of gripes, but I'll go with one I don't see: Player trade in values.  Spend crap tons of xp AND blue cash to improve players.  If you want to trade in you get no blue cash and garbage for xp.  There is very little incentive to improve a position by 20 points (say a 520 player to a 540 player) when you won't get crap for that 520.
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    Bowagate
    And there was beard oil box mess as well.  Not addressed by glu.  No apology.
    And there was beard oil box mess as well.  Not addressed by glu.  No apology.
    A lot of the year it felt like things were rushed and the team was hardly ever prepared. Seemed like they were working on everything in the last minute and needed to react to mistakes without ever being ahead of things. There were even two or three consecutive Android updates that screwed over a portion of the userbase 😂 it wasn't a big deal until that iOS update was buggy, then they sent gifts galore 🙃
    sometimes I feel that they lack overall knowledge about the game of baseball that hurts this game.  Not a lot but it’s something that hasn’t been mentioned. The trade in value is a great point. 
  • EamusCatuliEamusCatuli Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    I agree with Pujols, but another thing is how they treated BXP guys and forced prime and legends on us hard. 
    Related to the BXP guys, I'm disappointed that they didn't release top tier players that took BXP again.  Some of those last year were big in helping teams get over the woh hump when pxp and lxp were still hard to stock up on.  It even got to the point where pxp was piling up un-used since the bxp guys were rated higher. It just added another dimension to resource-allocation instead of being solely dependent on lxp to improve your team.  

Also, yeah cooldown sucks. 
  • hornsup17hornsup17 Registered Users 75 Posts
    Alright everyone this is a very contentious subject for everyone involved but it needs to be asked. Let's not be uncivil or nasty but let's do this in a constructive manner as if a developer, a vice president or CEO were just so happen to stumble onto this thread and take it seriously and make the necessary changes. I'm listing some options but if one is not representative please do express the failure in the discussion.

The ATG skills, definitely! They are far worse than last year! 
    Related to the BXP guys, I'm disappointed that they didn't release top tier players that took BXP again.  Some of those last year were big in helping teams get over the woh hump when pxp and lxp were still hard to stock up on.  It even got to the point where pxp was piling up un-used since the bxp guys were rated higher. It just added another dimension to resource-allocation instead of being solely dependent on lxp to improve your team.  

I was just thinking the same thing. I believe that we had 525 bxp guys last year. I had trout and I’m thinking that he was one of those guys. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    2003cobra said:

I was just thinking the same thing. I believe that we had 525 bxp guys last year. I had trout and I’m thinking that he was one of those guys. 
    I think if they released better bxp guys i may have jumped to the thought of going diamond. I didn't really learn how to properly play WOH until the end of last year and start of this year, but them eliminating those bxp guys put pressure on needing to buy pxp and lxp
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited January 2020
    I can choose multiple if wanted but I'll choose WOH.  Mainly because going into this year it was a consensus that it was the majority of players favorite mode.   And from the start the event was absolutely murdered in terms of being away to add players but just essentially a tool to farm XP.  I dont know how non diamond teams dealt with that.   And then recent evolution of woh in royale to make it longer with poor rewards and then all the sudden adding 2K lxp to the end last week came across as a middle finger to most of us.

I get it, the message is we dont want you cycle woh for players, we want you to buy boxes.   That part i guess goes into the greed aspect.  Nonetheless I used to look foward to WOH days but I absolutely dread them now and have had to go out of my a couple times to convince myself that cycle capping the player was worth my time.  Has happened exactly twice the last two months.

Anyway rant over, I like other aspects of the game so WOH isnt the end all be all for me but I think it was somewhat the lifeblood for many users going into this year and it just hasnt been fun at all.