AtG #9: The Mick is back!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
K, hate on skills incoming in 3...2....1

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Why did Glu feel compelled to squat and take a big pile of shit on Mickey f***ing Mantle. MANTLE. WTF Glu, just because someone pissed on your office, use a toilet! They better change those skills before he gets released to the peasants. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Nobody else is disappointed by the picture? C'mon! By atg standards, def sup-par. lol
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Omg Wow they straight up ruined the mick! Absolutely baffled! As we near closer to the end I keep anticipating atg skills to get better. Seems as if we are going backwards tho? Is there a method to their madness? Or perhaps 19 is on autopilot? 🤔 Absolutely zero reason to chase an atg for I guess a month or so?  sad 
  • Mickey01023Mickey01023 Registered Users 54 Posts
    I was waiting on for him and was even gonna buy the 20 or 40 boxes for a $100 that I know will yield me nothing, but screw that... I look at a lot of profiles and last year he was a boss in 2or3 forms & now he’s a PB

the profits are up on TSB from like 50 to 180 mil this year... so idk why they producing results that look like a 4th stringer vp took over the app... just the #s alone say u have to make him a boss, 25%-50% of all baseball fans are yankee fans & nobody not even the meanest Sox fan is gonna say the mick don’t deserve boss status. What’s next? Babe Ruth’s boosts are bases loaded & first 3 innings?
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I mean if they would just give him another risp skill instead of blowout ... I would chase him just because it’s mick and he’s a switch hitter.
    As @ShoveItUpYoenis2 said I hope they change skills before he is released 🤞 cuz this is a suuuper bummer for me. 😞
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    They ruined him. Don’t put lipstick on a pig. They actually ruined him. Double blowout would have been better. Risp is one of the worst skills in this game. There’s no grey area with it. It legitimately turns off. This player was designed for bonus games. 
    Simon Says:

• Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    I'm just speechless. Straight garbage. 
  • Mickey01023Mickey01023 Registered Users 54 Posts
    Simon Says:

So they basically said stfu & pay me... “I’ve taken the liberty to tasked the details of ur experience & suggestion to the team for review” the guy shoulda got outta the cubicle he was in, ran down the hall to where 4th stringer vp is & burst through the door like stone cold steve austin, makin the guy eat can after can of whoop ass til it’s fixed... that’s what kind of CS we need lol

what about that vip council? Can those bums do anything about this? What kind of clout do they have?
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    I guess I’m the only one here that likes the Mick’s skills. I have LL 540 Michael Brantley with those 2 skills and he’s batting .810. Mick, as a higher overall switch hitter, will do even better. For the D6 Diamond cyclers, prime players, and CvC lovers, the blowout skill is the best skill since it will be activated for most of the game. The double late innings only has real value in WOH. If they change Mick’s skills, I hope they give him double blowout, which would make him the greatest bonus/prime/CvC player ever released. 

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Horse42 said:
    I guess I’m the only one here that likes the Mick’s skills. I have LL 540 Michael Brantley with those 2 skills and he’s batting .810. Mick, as a higher overall switch hitter, will do even better. For the D6 Diamond cyclers, prime players, and CvC lovers, the blowout skill is the best skill since it will be activated for most of the game. The double late innings only has real value in WOH. If they change Mick’s skills, I hope they give him double blowout, which would make him the greatest bonus/prime/CvC player ever released. 
    The skills are great for pretty much every game mode other than WOH. I think that’s the biggest issue most people have is skills won’t be active much in woh. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Honestly I dont hate his skills as much as most.  But at this point of the year its way too much work to try and level an ATG as I mentioned in a previous post.   Also in terms of Keepers, I think I still prioritize Yogi, Lou and Ted over him.   That's the problem with having the ATGs released this late, no way I am saving a few weeks worth of lxp to be able to play with him for a few weeks at most.   He will probably be done being a bonus by that time anyway, not that it matters since ATGs have bad bonus points now.

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    The skills are great for pretty much every game mode other than WOH. I think that’s the biggest issue most people have is skills won’t be active much in woh. 

@jalapenocubbies It seems like they've done that with almost every valuable player toward the close of the year.

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Shouldn’t ATGs be great for every mode ? Wonder if the skills all of them got is the trade for not needing the expensive special EVOs to level them. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Honestly I dont hate his skills as much as most.  But at this point of the year its way too much work to try and level an ATG as I mentioned in a previous post.   Also in terms of Keepers, I think I still prioritize Yogi, Lou and Ted over him.   That's the problem with having the ATGs released this late, no way I am saving a few weeks worth of lxp to be able to play with him for a few weeks at most.   He will probably be done being a bonus by that time anyway, not that it matters since ATGs have bad bonus points now.

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Lol. You always have to question a person when the start a sentence with the word honestly. 
    “Us players”. CS is one of us:

• Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts

@ShoveItUpYoenis2 This is hilarious! Can’t stop laughing. Thanks for dropping a reference to me. Makes me feel important. LOL
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited February 2020
    The Mick is now blowouts/runner on base...suddenly, I want!!!

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Be nice if they changed a skill on Jackie while they were at it.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    DFBB said:
    The Mick is now blowouts/runner on base...suddenly, I want!!!

Stop lying.  You were going to chase him no matter what his skills were
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    So what's the verdict on Mantle?  Worth leveling?