What do you think the #1 failure of Glu this year with TSB?

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Didn't vote cause there are just so many but the latest one that irks me is the ATG bonuses being pulled back after their ridiculous over-value at start. It ties in also with the 7 tier WoH tower that will never be revisited because people were making gobs of lxp (also why we saw pitcher levels bumped IMMEDIATELY afterwards). It's really no surprise the game is still in this state and it's almost February, completely contrary to what we saw last year with the availability of resources but honestly Glu has no one to blame but themselves. The unfortunate thing is that we're here left to do nothing but get burnt out and irritated from being given a glimpse of leveling hope or club competitiveness only to have it pulled back for their bottom line so late in the game. To put it more simply these changes make me want to play significantly less and not even consider next year. Very short-sighted of this company and misses the mark yet again.
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    All of the above.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Running WoH into the ground
    Although I voted for Walk Off Hero, I, like many others here, had feet in multiple camps here. There are several things on this list that I agree with, and there are several that I could add as well.

One of the main reasons I loved the game was for its social aspect. I knew a few people in real life who played the game, and I played with them for a while. Eventually I became more competitive while they remained casual, which was fine. I miss the part of the game where you collect a bunch of resources, and then get a group together and go Evo hunt. Obviously this was hitting Glu Evo sales, and they took drastic, dumb steps to eliminate this. I think the cooldown is the most needlessly limiting, fun-prohibiting part of this game.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Greed on a whole new level from previous years
    All these I agree with but I had go with greed. Because it's the Crux of why they are doing everything. It always has been (I accepted that late last year) a money grab but this year they have been trying everything. I have never seen them do bait switches like they have. All the legends at their respective overalls have the same hitting value I mean why? So Joe Carter is just a good hitter as Jackie Robinson 🤔🤨. I don't think so...But the Jackie Robinson and other ATG values get bumped so there is the pressure is to purchase boxes that have ATG and legends with new overalls which I don't even know why they still offer primes and bxp players because they are so behind the curve other than to level them up and use them as bonus players and then recycle them on Monday for the paltry xp as someone else said on this thread. It all starts with greed. No communication on anybody's part when they screw up just like @DFBB stated. Greedy people are typically shady people so why would you expect shady people to be transparent...once again goes back to greed
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

There are numerous well made points here, but it all comes down to one thing:  Glu's non-stop tinkering with the game, which near universally NEGATIVELY impacts the user experience.

I can understand changes from year to year, but I've never seen a mobile game in my life that does so many things mid-season that hurt their customers. 

• buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Mine is not on here but I'm listing it below
    The #1 failure is taking one step forward and then taking two big steps backward all year long. For example, introducing keepers and then making them consistently trail behind the best players in the game AND making their skills extremely extremely expensive. Or creating WOH towers and having one of the towers (All Star) be completely worthless AND making the most lucrative tower (HOF) impossible to cycle for 99.5% of players. Or finally making Royale a weekend event twice a month and then making WOH nearly impossible AND with worthless rewards. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Guys, you are all missing the biggest problem. Your WiFi connection is the biggest issue with this game. DUH! Just check it and make sure it’s good and there will be no problems with the game.

There are so many good points made by the previous posters. I didn’t vote because I didn’t know which ones fit for me. But to me the biggest issue to me has been the cost to upgrade a prime or legend to Diamond. It’s so cost prohibitive that it actually gives an advantage to the teams that didn’t move up. The XP rewards are the same whether you are bronze or diamond. I brought this up in another thread but years ago you got players at the level you were at. So upgrading them wasn’t impossible. They won’t go back to that model, but they could increase rewards for the higher levels. With gold players only needing 1/10 of the LXP to max a player vs what a Diamond player needs, the rewards should be better for the level you are on. That’s been my biggest point of contention. 

The cool down is another one I don’t get. I didn’t evo hunt or jump around clubs, but it definitely restricts movement. I see why they did it and it makes no sense other than for money. Others have mentioned the social aspect of the game and how teams can work together to do this. Why is that an issue other than money? It seemed like it caused more teams to work together than before.

Lastly, the extra bases events that just shows up randomly. There is no schedule or notice. They just show up and sometimes right at midnight EST. Plus, they would crash more than the regular games and when they first came out they were putting people in jail. I guess that was my WiFi though. It was a good concept to make more modes available during off hours, but clearly they still aren’t ready to implement it even though they pushed it out.

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    They ruined CvC for all but a small number of clubs AND made it the number one source of ruined club chemistry AND added cool down for those shopping for a new club
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    The grind for diamond players
    Mine is a 2-part answer. You can see I chose the grind of diamond, but it goes hand in hand with the greed this year. FP became a must for me, which honestly became very expensive. 
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    Not developing season mode into something more
    Cooldown. It destroyed the community. I stopped blowing hundreds of dollars a week bc of it. No motive to play competitively since. @nwaredstar77 @retirepujols
    Agreed. That and their blatant greed. (Chokehold on resources/good players), and besides that I'd say stale gameplay. 
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    edited January 2020
    The #1 failure is the allowance  and tolerance of the cheaters who use auto tap. It’s impossible to compete with them. I know folks who were called out for auto tapping (cheating), and then were back just a few days later doing the same thing again. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Horse42 said:
    The #1 failure is the allowance  and tolerance of the cheaters who use auto tap. It’s impossible to compete with them. I know folks who were called out for auto tapping (cheating), and then we’re back just a few days later doing the same thing again. 
    Lol, I would say that's at the bottom of the "cheating" scale.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Horse42 said:
    The #1 failure is the allowance  and tolerance of the cheaters who use auto tap. It’s impossible to compete with them. I know folks who were called out for auto tapping (cheating), and then we’re back just a few days later doing the same thing again. 
    This is actually my #1 turnoff for TSB. I've mentioned it in the past, but it's more about the cheating culture. Guys think that they're cheating Glu when in reality, they're cheating the community. TSB is played on a curve and as a result of guys taking shortcuts, everyone else has to spend/grind more than they'd otherwise would. Glu wins yet again!
    Ultimately, I don't think it's reasonable for Glu to stop cheating altogether. It would take a considerable amount of resources on their end and I admit that it wouldn't make any business sense for them to prioritize it to such a degree. To their credit, cheating has become less mainstream in each successive year('17 was an absolute joke). I can only hope that '20 will continue that trend. In the meanwhile, all we can do is control how we play and who we play with. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    And then there are some of us that believe cheating has many faces....
    Like those that get to create their own custom "Legends" regular Joe's don't have access to.  You know, the Legends that come completely capped free of charge and with optimal skills.  

Yeah... those guys 🤔🤔🤔
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Horse42 said:
    99% of the people who got busted cheating wasn’t because of auto tapping lol. If they said that they are lying and hiding the real reason. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    FRICKERY to the Nth degree.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Millecors said:
    And then there are some of us that believe cheating has many faces....
    Like those that get to create their own custom "Legends" regular Joe's don't have access to.  You know, the Legends that come completely capped free of charge and with optimal skills.  

Yeah... those guys 🤔🤔🤔
    I don’t mind the custom legends, but more of the changing of their skills again and again seems to be pollo caca...
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I joined the forums in April 2018 and don’t say much on here anymore, partly because I whined my arse off all last season (and I think made two jokes that no one laughed at). I’ve been playing since 2016 and for me it’s the same sht, different day. Most of what has been mentioned here has occurred on a semi regular basis since I started playing.... I used to make jokes that the 420 crew were back in the office to help explain some of the nonsense that goes on in this game, which of course is too harsh on people who can handle their intake lol. I’ve used the word sloppy to describe the quality of their efforts whether it be the release of incomplete boxes or ones with errors all the way to the utter chaos that happens when app updates are released. The word deceitful gets mentioned as does “bait and switch” of late....I don’t know if that’s real or it’s just a case of not caring about reputation when “fixing” their sloppy work, but the issues don’t stop. If the attitude of the people who work for this company improves, maybe the experience for us users would improve. Then again, maybe they’re getting treated unfairly by the top. What I do know is that if a guy like @Houmy can walk away after being one of the biggest supporters and defenders, never mind one of the great performers, of this game, then some things  needs to change. Somehow @DFBB continues to play his same outstanding role :)
    It's all done with mirrors
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I joined the forums in April 2018 and don’t say much on here anymore, partly because I whined my arse off all last season (and I think made two jokes that no one laughed at). I’ve been playing since 2016 and for me it’s the same sht, different day. Most of what has been mentioned here has occurred on a semi regular basis since I started playing.... I used to make jokes that the 420 crew were back in the office to help explain some of the nonsense that goes on in this game, which of course is too harsh on people who can handle their intake lol. I’ve used the word sloppy to describe the quality of their efforts whether it be the release of incomplete boxes or ones with errors all the way to the utter chaos that happens when app updates are released. The word deceitful gets mentioned as does “bait and switch” of late....I don’t know if that’s real or it’s just a case of not caring about reputation when “fixing” their sloppy work, but the issues don’t stop. If the attitude of the people who work for this company improves, maybe the experience for us users would improve. Then again, maybe they’re getting treated unfairly by the top. What I do know is that if a guy like @Houmy can walk away after being one of the biggest supporters and defenders, never mind one of the great performers, of this game, then some things  needs to change. Somehow @DFBB continues to play his same outstanding role :)
    I think this is well said but also think there are plenty of glu employees who care about their work. I think the biggest problem is for a majority of the game they know glu as the customer service or vip hotline reps. They are all outsourced and have no idea what is going on in the game. So the copy and paste answers , the blatant disregard for actual issues in the game represents the company poorly. Without investing in that I don’t think people will view it any different. Every rep handles things different and that shouldn’t happen, one rep will actually help you while 4-5 others tell you to check your WiFi, etc.  When you see 2-3-4 different resolutions for the same issue that’s just poor management from the customer service side. But I also agree most of, if not all of the players/box issues could have been avoided by just checking the box before releasing. And if something slips through the cracks, changing things just makes it worse (mantle situation yesterday, Larry bowa etc). 
    Call me crazy, but I'd rather be a cheater than a blue VIP 🤷🏻‍♂️ if you know the good stuff, feel free to let me in on it 🙏🏻
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Call me crazy, but I'd rather be a cheater than a blue VIP 🤷🏻‍♂️ if you know the good stuff, feel free to let me in on it 🙏🏻
    Lol. I’m getting tired of the grind as well. I see these guys on various places on the internet using “hacks” to get free gold and blue cash. As well as with tapper. I’ve never done either but I am tempted. I’ve used “cheat codes” in GTA and a few other games. I’ve just put so much work in the legit way on my account I would feel kind of bad being a “cheater”. Also if my account got banned I would be pissed. But at the end of the day it’s a video game. Have fun with it. I just wish they would either ban all the cheaters or make it so you couldn’t cheat (which is almost impossible with a video game). Just so it’s a fair playing field. There are cheats/ ways to hack for every video game. This one is no different. Some games are just harsher on the punishments 
    Goldeneye cheats stored on the game shark, I miss those days.
  • MarcuhMarcuh Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    I had a game shark for my PlayStation. My little brother and my cousin had so much fun with that. The good ol days for sure 
    @Marcuh don't attempt to hack this year unless you're very good and know what you're doing. Last year it was very very easy. But this year it's been complicated and thanks to unity's ever vigilant security systems, what may work one day will get you jailed tomm. Also @DFBB you make a good point there, but if the game was fair, and if glu's prices/way they chokehold resources/players wasn't practical robbery to the players then I'm sure you wouldn't see near as many cheaters/posts asking about it. And @retirepujols -lmaooo agreed there, brother. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    The grind for diamond players
    No Oddjobs
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Marcuh don't attempt to hack this year unless you're very good and know what you're doing. Last year it was very very easy. But this year it's been complicated and thanks to unity's ever vigilant security systems, what may work one day will get you jailed tomm. Also @DFBB you make a good point there, but if the game was fair, and if glu's prices/way they chokehold resources/players wasn't practical robbery to the players then I'm sure you wouldn't see near as many cheaters/posts asking about it. And @retirepujols -lmaooo agreed there, brother. 

I want to be clear that it's a game and everyone is entitled to play however they deem to be fun. It's Glu's responsibility to enforce rules. If Glu doesn't enforce it's own rules, then who's to blame? Certainly not the players. Anyways, I've long said that it's neither a game of skill or competition. It's a game of fun. Whatever that means to everyone, all the power to ya! 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Its a game, individuals have skills, and the there's many aspects of competition to the game. Like you say tho dfbb, it's a game. That's the thing people gotta remember, and contemplate if they're really having fun, and how much fun are they having for the time/money invested? Imo this game (and mostly the community that came with it, and that includes the third party apps/communities involved there too) most definitely used to provide me enough fun/entertainment for that investment. So i enjoyed the game and didnt worry about what other people were doing. "Stayed in my lane" i guess is what you'd say? I'm not very up to date with slang these days 🤣
    Just looked thru the choices and was dissapointed that there wasn't a choice for hrb/slugfest :( went with my second best choice, ignoring the obvious ones (like greed)
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    edited January 2020
    If cheating was as easy like it was last year, I’d be cheating currently. I just don’t care enough to do it this year...Mostly due to increased work load with my employer. Last Season at this time, I was buying loaded teams for 60$ a shot
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    edited January 2020
    99% of the people who got busted cheating wasn’t because of auto tapping lol. If they said that they are lying and hiding the real reason. 
    @jalapenocubbies I’m intrigued by your comment. So far, the only prevalent cheating scheme I was aware of was auto tapper, which I learned about a few weeks ago. It’s disappointing to think that other cheating schemes are utilized. To your knowledge, what other cheating schemes are being exploited?