1/24/20 - 1/26/20 Weekend Royale - WOH, Boxes, Bonus Players, and Great Pulls

Comments

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Why is the one box called Lefty Loosey but the other box isn't called Righty Tightey? 

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    Figured I'd post these guys after a bit of a sample size of games...
    Excellent.   I have Mathews capped as well and contemplating if I should try for Kiner.  WOuld deplete the rest of lxp so not sure
  • HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    Is that pesky worth the level up? I’ve been seeing a lot of how the last levels are no man on, but are you down enough to activate blowout?
    I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Pic or it didn’t happen. I don’t wanna hear it this weekend gold guys 😂🤣 babe needed a vid restart  80g peewee

Is that pesky worth the level up? I’ve been seeing a lot of how the last levels are no man on, but are you down enough to activate blowout?
    Last four I use Butler, Matthews, Brett then PeeWee. Using Butler with no men one was pretty easy, and going into that based are empty. 
    Why is the one box called Lefty Loosey but the other box isn't called Righty Tightey? 

It’s thee ol’ screw driver saying. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Pic or it didn’t happen. I don’t wanna hear it this weekend gold guys 😂🤣 babe needed a vid restart  80g peewee

With no LXP in the box… And such low odds at the two legends… I’m not sure it’s even worth 80 G to get through
    @TheFullMonte I do agree, but I just had to make the attempt. If I didn’t get Ruth in that second go I would’ve left it alone. I’ll just got to level 5 again and keep smashing BG
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    It's doable at gold. You might have a tough time if your finishers aren't top of the curve though. I've been using 540 Griffey for 6.8, 520 Smith for 6.9, and 520 Trout for 6.10. Definitely a stretch, but doable.
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    edited January 2020
    I feel that @drsmartassphd would thoroughly enjoy today's event.
  • DODGERSYANKSDOADODGERSYANKSDOA Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    Anyone have Fred McGriff yet?
    I’m interested in knowing his skills, and is he worth the hassle of spending the gold on..........
    Thanks

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Anyone have Fred McGriff yet?
    I’m interested in knowing his skills, and is he worth the hassle of spending the gold on..........
    Thanks

Where is the dislike button?
  • DODGERSYANKSDOADODGERSYANKSDOA Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    @TheFullMonte
    agreed......not worth it.
    @ShoveItUpYoenis2
    thanks for the help.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Just got Perry (righty) on 6-5. Anyone know of other changes ? Thanks. 
    Last four RRRL bases empty
    edited January 2020
    My bad..should have used the later post rather than the table on level 6
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Aahhhh, walk off hero. I had a mission in mind: I sat out to cycle WOH with my (until a few days ago) heavily neglected silver team. Part of this was for the adventure, most of it was to try and replicate the good Dr Ass' "9 straight cheat outs" deal. 

I played this morning and got through some very strange matchups. I used My Legend with his RHP skill at 16 and a vid boost to take down Erskine:

Then I used Hank (no skills active to start, and RHB vs RHP) with both skills at 16 and a vid boost to make light work of Cy Young:

Sticking with the theme of strange matchups, I used Pesky with both skills at 8 (no skills active to start, and blowout would never "turn on") and an 80g boost for old Hoffman:

New BSD Mathews with both skills at 12 and an 80g boost mopped up poor Gibby:

Then the most interesting matchup was afoot. Hornsby, with one skill active to start, both skills at 16 and an 80g boost. Surely this matchup is not very favorable. Could I possibly recreate the 9 straight cheat outs? Could I instead take down the Babe? Well ..
    I certainly did NOT receive the cheat out treatment. Instead, I scored a few runs before Babe took me out. No worries, let me pull out that trusty video replay. Oh, what's that? OOPS WE NEED TO RESTART, HAHAHAH 🤬 YOU AND GIVE US THAT GOLD PONY BOY! 

I hate this game right now. That is all 😉
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I’ve been on 6.7 twice and played a video boost and the game just closed right after the ad played. Not even the oops we need to restart. Just flat out closed. But hey, I’m sure it’s just my WiFi even though the ad played without issue. 
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Woh topics are certainly less active with

- sucky rewards 
    - a certain doc nowhere to be seen 

Been seeing a lot of people getting that oops restart or flat out closing. 

Also chart is updated if anyone cares. 

Hit six straight weak ground outs but no cheat outs with Molitor. Really need to pull Kiner. 
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Has anyone tried 560 Johnny bench on 6.10 babe? 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Has anyone tried 560 Johnny bench on 6.10 babe? 

I use 560 Gary Carter with the same skills at 16/16 Diamond 10 and beat him about 75% of the time. 
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Only using peewee at 16/16.  80 gold boost.  2-2 against Babe... all fastballs
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts

I just hit the 25 game mark in my current season and picked up these 2 beauties. HELL YEAH!!! 
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    Oops. Should have posted those in the screenshots galore thread. I got caught up in the excitement of the moment.
    Agree that’s about the highlight of TSB19. APBA for me in 20. 
    edited January 2020
    Hey Matthews!  Where you at Bud???  Like to have you on my squad.  Feel free to show up at any time
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    @retirepujols very impressive actually, and good move, always change up your closers in woh, surprised you breezed thru that easy though, gotta be a testament to skill there 👍