Do or Die WOH Players

COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
Are Matthews and Kiner the Brett and Harrah from last month with hopefully another pair the following week ala Griffey and PeeWee ? Trying to figure out if this weekend is do or die or if there will likely be another shot. 

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I'm really hoping there will be a Peewee and Griffey next weekend.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Revisiting this question: Harrah wasn't released with Brett, was he? I thought Harrah was among the first 540's released, but a lot of people figured he was "nice" yet not necessary since Babe wasn't the 6.10 guy yet. 🤔 My brain is hurting- can someone else clear this up?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    That’s accurate, Harrah came first, then Brett, Griffey and Pee Wee were all released within like a 5 day span after that.  I think Brett and Griffey on weekend and Pee Wee the immediate following Monday.
    Harrah was released in Friday December 6th boxes, Brett in Wednesday December 18th boxes, Griffey in Friday December 27th boxes, and Pee Wee in Monday December 30th boxes.
    So I was close, but no so close, lol.
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    I can almost guarantee that if you’re a fringe HOF player, you will need to have these guys on your team this week. The curve is always stretching. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I can almost guarantee that if you’re a fringe HOF player, you will need to have these guys on your team this week. The curve is always stretching. 
    Even as a player with all 4 aforementioned guys... I still feel the need to get these two weekend guys.  I’m not sure people are going to be able to compete seriously without them 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    100% agree Monte
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Tomorrow is another unpredictable day in GLU world - never turn down an opp for a great player in the hope there is some sense and structure to what GLU does........ 

So many Yogi’s resigned to finishing the year at d9 after their latest curveball

grab them if u can
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    got mathews at 20/20. i tried chasing kiner, but think i'll be fine if i can't grab him on one of the free boxes. got hornsby fully maxed so should be effective regardless. hopefully babe leaves 6.10 soon but who knows.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I only cleared woh 1 time but Kiner didn’t record an out vs Ruth on 6.10. I have him at D10 with skills at 16/16. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    benny100 said:

grab them if u can
    Got all the makings of another not in the cards weekend so far. Fingers crossed for gift and CvC boxes. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    COWPILEY said:
    Are Matthews and Kiner the Brett and Harrah from last month with hopefully another pair the following week ala Griffey and PeeWee ? Trying to figure out if this weekend is do or die or if there will likely be another shot. 
    As has been mentioned, I wouldn't put too much stock into any patterns GLU may have set. At this stage, I would just weigh the fun factor. If you can reasonably do it, Mathews will make the game a lot more fun for you. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Afraid I used up all my luck by pulling Jack Clark 3 times. LOL
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I think there will be a woh beast in the box Monday and then a bump on Wednesday with a crap 580 player with blowout skill. Typically the pattern but you never know with glu 🤷🏻‍♂️. We see.... 
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    I heard the next week is dedicated to Larry "baitnswitch" Bowa 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I heard the next week is dedicated to Larry "baitnswitch" Bowa 
    If they don't make that his name in the box, then I don't want him.
    Just no.  
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts

Wow! I can’t believe everyone is falling for this Glu “trap”. I can tell you who is going to be at 6.10 Hall of Fame. None other than.........

Pat Venditte!

Except you won’t know which hand he declares to pitch with until the start of the round! We’re all screwed!!!

Venditte is a switch pitcher, capable of pitching proficiently with both arms. He is recognized as the only active professional pitcher who is able to do this.[1][2] Venditte's rare ability to pitch with either arm required both Majorand Minor League Baseball to create a rule for ambidextrous pitchers, known colloquially as the "Pat Venditte Rule". This rule essentially requires any ambidextrous pitcher to declare which hand he will use to pitch to a batter before the at-bat starts, and to throw with that hand through the entire at-bat (unless he is injured during the at-bat).

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I wouldn’t mind Venditte, his stuff rating would be negative 2. 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    I wouldn’t mind Venditte, his stuff rating would be negative 2. 
    You have a lot of faith in Glu then lol
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    edited January 2020

Wow! I can’t believe everyone is falling for this Glu “trap”. I can tell you who is going to be at 6.10 Hall of Fame. None other than.........

Pat Venditte!

Except you won’t know which hand he declares to pitch with until the start of the round! We’re all screwed!!!

Venditte is a switch pitcher, capable of pitching proficiently with both arms. He is recognized as the only active professional pitcher who is able to do this.[1][2] Venditte's rare ability to pitch with either arm required both Majorand Minor League Baseball to create a rule for ambidextrous pitchers, known colloquially as the "Pat Venditte Rule". This rule essentially requires any ambidextrous pitcher to declare which hand he will use to pitch to a batter before the at-bat starts, and to throw with that hand through the entire at-bat (unless he is injured during the at-bat).

Wait is that all true? That would actually be pretty cool. An atg pitcher would be nice imo... Facing him would be fun too 😈