How was everyone's TSB weekend? Here's mine!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited January 2020 in General TSB Discussion
Man, the boxes were fire! I ate crow and despite vowing to go f2p the rest of the season, I went ahead and bought FP. It was so damn fun though. Mathews was a 'must have' player and there was even a Gauntlet based on club even points. 
I normally go solo, but I decided to help out a friend. As fate would have it, my past two clubs were also in the same bracket. 
Things started real well. I always wait for FR to start before getting boxes and used that hour to cycle WoH. The stars aligned and I got Blackmon right off the bat. I was like, hmm! 
FR started and the Mathews hunt was on. I didn't get a single player until my pity timer hit and of course, the one time I didn't care for an ATG, I get Hornsby. Ugh. However, things would soon be peachy as I ended up getting Mathews a total of four times(d7, then 3 repulls to cap) within 25k total gold spent. 
There was a set bonus with crazy points, but I would've needed Paige(and I had no need for Kiner) and he was far from a sure thing. I decided to roll as is and just see how things went. I started fast(or at least, others started slow) and I was in the middle of the gauntlet! By the time I went to sleep, I was in the middle of the 40s rankings. When I woke up, I got unpleasant message: 'Are you going to try to get back into the gauntlet?'. What? Man, that was fun while it lasted. 
Well, with Mathews and Blackmon, I did my best to grind as many games as I could. 3k+ games later, I was once again back in the gauntlet rankings when I decided sleep couldn't wait any longer. This time, my expectations were a tad lower. Sure enough, there was a considerable gap and I was nowhere near the rankings when I woke up. Man, reality bites.
Sunday came and it became apparent that my club wasn't going to win the bracket. I still grinded games because I convinced myself that I could grind my way back into the top 50. I continued to play nonstop. 11billion, 4 billion, 2 billion. The gap was closing and I could see the light! I went non stop for another hour before refreshing. My games were going well and surely, I'd be in the top 50 now, right? Nope. Reality socked me in the face and now, I was 36 billion back. I continued to grind. An hour later, I was 50 billion back. Then, I had a thought: maybe others will run out of bonus games! Yup, that's how I could get back into things. Unfortunately, Glu was one step ahead of me. You can imagine my expression when I saw the bonus game club bundles. Argggh!!! By the time the event was over, I was 134 billion away from a top 50 ranking. Damn. 
This morning, I woke up to a nice surprise. Extra bases is live! Woot! Long story short, I ended up 2nd. I guess that was a fitting end to my tsb weekend. 2nd in the club event, 2nd in EB, and just missed(that's how I'm going remember it lol) a gauntlet ranking. Whatever. It was a super fun weekend. Glu got my $20, but I had fun. Sometimes, everyone wins...even when the scoreboard says otherwise. lol

tl;dr Two weeks ago, I decided to go casual and stop 'competing.' Last weekend, I played almost 8k games(and no, I don't use a tapper).
If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    WOW! Just WOW! 👍
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Yeah, all have to say is wow..🤯
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I spent 75k gold getting the top set and Blackmon and finished 14th in the gauntlet so I could win 4K and and some lxp. So pretty good. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I had no idea there was a vip event this weekend until reading this lmao

I guess Nordic carried the club to 2nd?

I see some forum guys on that top 50 list. Good shit guys @JEDDDOGGY had a big weekend
    I was fine with it. Bought field pass 2x (got 1 refunded) and bought the BG special last night. Cheapest gauntlet ever. I’m iOS so didn’t have the top benefits but I made due. We’re close to the end so no reason to save resources anymore. 
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    I was fine with it. Bought field pass 2x (got 1 refunded) and bought the BG special last night. Cheapest gauntlet ever. I’m iOS so didn’t have the top benefits but I made due. We’re close to the end so no reason to save resources anymore. 
    waht even is a gauntlet
    waht even is a gauntlet
    It’s an event for VIP only. Top 50 receive rewards. Top 5 get a range of better rewards and 6-50 get nominal amount of gold and lxp and a few random spots get the ever valuable different font color. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I had no idea there was a vip event this weekend until reading this lmao

I guess Nordic carried the club to 2nd?

I see some forum guys on that top 50 list. Good shit guys @JEDDDOGGY had a big weekend
    We actually had a very good bracket, but Nordie crushed it for us!
    I spent 75k gold getting the top set and Blackmon and finished 14th in the gauntlet so I could win 4K and and some lxp. So pretty good. 
    That's a nice haul! I mean, getting the set within 75k is nice.
    DFBB said:
    It was wild. I got Paige on 2nd box and then kiner and Mathews all within like 9500 total gold. Took another 55k to finally get hornsby then 10k to get Blackmon Saturday lol. It was nice. I never would have leveled Paige had it not been for the gauntlet and Hornsby for being an ATG really sucks lol. Mathews was the prize for me this weekend. Kiner and Hornsby are good for WOH which I don’t really play though. 
    DFBB said:
    It was wild. I got Paige on 2nd box and then kiner and Mathews all within like 9500 total gold. Took another 55k to finally get hornsby then 10k to get Blackmon Saturday lol. It was nice. I never would have leveled Paige had it not been for the gauntlet and Hornsby for being an ATG really sucks lol. Mathews was the prize for me this weekend. Kiner and Hornsby are good for WOH which I don’t really play though. 
    Opening boxes is so freaking fun! I mean, even when you tilt and things don't go well, there's always a 'next box.' lol. That's honestly one of my favorite things about diamond. In '18, I didn't open nearly as many boxes because gold was tough being in silver/gold. 
    I wanted Paige and if I had to do it all over again, I'm not so sure I'd do things differently. It's nice to have options though. I'm totally gearing up for the next weekend Royale!
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    The club that finished first really, really wanted to beat you 🙃😂
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    waht even is a gauntlet
    It’s an event for VIP only. Top 50 receive rewards. Top 5 get a range of better rewards and 6-50 get nominal amount of gold and lxp and a few random spots get the ever valuable different font color. 
    A vip event is an event for VIP only, a gauntlet is when it's a cvc/clash VIP event 
    edited January 2020
    Bro, scoreboards are for kids....idk what that actually means, but it feels appropriate. hahah
  • Rschar21Rschar21 Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    Ummmmm..... yeah, kinda did!
  • Rschar21Rschar21 Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    This weekend was probably the most fun I have had with this game.  Opened a ton of boxes, clubs competing, @JEDDDOGGY killing it and leading the way, getting Kiner and Mathews and actually capping them.  Couldn’t have been better!
    Rschar21 said:
    This weekend was probably the most fun I have had with this game.  Opened a ton of boxes, clubs competing, @JEDDDOGGY killing it and leading the way, getting Kiner and Mathews and actually capping them.  Couldn’t have been better!
    Totally agree! I don't understand why we don't get more similar weekends. I mean, clearly, more guys played and spent....🤔
    edited January 2020
    DFBB said:
    Rschar21 said:
    Totally agree! I don't understand why we don't get more similar weekends. I mean, clearly, more guys played and spent....🤔
    It sucks how you grinded that hard after spending that much gold but still couldn't keep in the top 50. Its crazy actually... I personally hate bonus sets, and your story here is why. 
    DFBB said:
    Rschar21 said:
    It sucks how you grinded that hard after spending that much gold but still couldn't keep in the top 50. Its crazy actually... I personally hate bonus sets, and your story here is why. 
    Obviously, it didn't work out for me, but I actually really like sets. It gives us more of a reason to chase/play.  I did grind like crazy, but I didn't do anything I otherwise wouldn't have done. I spent much less than I expected and got what I wanted. Semi-related, but normally I don't care for the LL in HoF. In fact, I usually pray that I don't get him. However, ever since they started doing sets with HoF, I started to immediately open my boxes(rather than stack them) because I really want his bonus set. 
    Lmao lots of guys I know would stack boxes too... I never could do that  even draft picks i open them Everytime i I go to the store. Just don't like em being there all clutttering up the place.  
  • XWizardxXWizardx Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Sounds like some of you had a great time. Not a great start to a VIP event with Apple store down for the first couple of hours followed by the field pass fiasco - having to buy multiple times before it would activate and then only partially activate with no player discount. Ultimately it got sorted out but by then the event was well over 3 hours old and it was playing catch up. I'd have to say that for me and a few of my club members that ratcheted  down motivation quite a bit.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    my favorite part of the weekend (aside from seeing someone in our bracket) was the ridiculous last cvc we played. some guy must have spent 20k gold trying to take down our club and still lost :lol::lol::lol:
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I know you don’t use an autotapper @DFBB, but how you managed to train your hands to tap bonus games while you sleep is still the most impressive feat I’ve ever heard of 
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    Sounds like a lot of people had good weekends, or at least fun.  It was the most fun I have had in a weekend royale.  I spent most of my gold reserve.  It took 20k gold for me to get Matthews, and by the end of the weekend I was 1/59 on that box.  I hit Kiner on the 4th box pull.  I did 2 WOH cycles and got Blackmon.  I decided to play bonus games most of the weekend since I had 4 top guys for points.  I scored 19 billion and the club I normally play in finished  9th.  I played about 475 bonus game, which was fun for a 3 day weekend for me.  That is also when I realized the diamond life would never be for me as I couldn't play that many games consistently.  I really respect those of you who can do the grind without going mad. 
    I also wanted to send a big thank you out to those who share their .30 discount clubs.  I would not have even attempted the weekend without it.   Leveled Hornsby, Kiner, Mathews, and Blackmon (and skills to 17/17) and was left with 231 lxp.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    It was pretty fun! With the amount of bonus and tournament games I played, I should have moved up to diamond before the event. Haha! 
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    I’m convinced that many of the top Gauntlet players used auto tapper. It’s real tough to compete with the cheaters. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @snowy24 I felt the same way. Brought me back to 18
    Horse42 said:
    I’m convinced that many of the top Gauntlet players used auto tapper. It’s real tough to compete with the cheaters. 
    Let's just say that I'm fairly certain I didn't lose because of the auto tappers. It's obviously a great advantage, but there was a much bigger obstacle in play. However, I knew the situation ahead of time so my expectations were definitely in check. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I had the most fun weekend that I’ve ever had-been tapping since 2014. We got off to a slow start due to the FP issue and were in second place by a large margin early into the event.  By 3 on Friday we conceded that we were playing for second place. But once FP issues got resolved and we started buying boxes the points started rolling in. I was pulling players like crazy-but no Hornsby so I didn’t have the set. Jeddoggy got his set and said hop on boys I’ll carry you. Sunday evening around 6 Jed iced his thumbs and hit the cruise control to coast into first. Possibly the best part was a guy trying to win the last cvc by himself. He had to spend around 15k gold to try to beat us but jed once again said move over boys and let the big dog through. Needless to say that dude didn’t win a thing but could have bought a ton of boxes instead of fighting us. I was able to cap Mathews at d10 and skills at 20/20 and finished the weekend with more lxp than when it started. What a fantastic weekend. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Horse42 said:
    Let's just say that I'm fairly certain I didn't lose because of the auto tappers. It's obviously a great advantage, but there was a much bigger obstacle in play. However, I knew the situation ahead of time so my expectations were definitely in check. 

If guys are both diamond with similar TS and have the big point combo and grind for most of the day what’s the other variable that separates them on the scoreboard...gotta be those top dogs using an autotapper, no?