WOH 1/27 More of the same

Comments

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I'm 0-6 with Kiner, skills at 16/16.  Sigh.  I don't even have the LXP to level Brett.  I just want to be able to cycle. 

The irony is that I told drsmartass to go gold and solve all of this WOH woes...and now all of you could rightly respond that I should go diamond.  And I would, if I had the time or money. 

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    In all seriousness from my last joking post. Here is where my ugh PeeWee is at (killed me to say this not laughing). With this being my Babe solution should I spend that 1500 to get that skill up?

• Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    In all seriousness from my last joking post. Here is where my ugh PeeWee is at (killed me to say this not laughing). With this being my Babe solution should I spend that 1500 to get that skill up?

No I wouldn't, you should be fine with 80g boost. 
    @Punkers777 Ill try again after work, but im 0-2 both with 80g boost. Thanks for the advice i'm going to hold off.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    @Punkers777 Ill try again after work, but im 0-2 both with 80g boost. Thanks for the advice i'm going to hold off.

I'm 0-8 with Kiner and he also has double active skills, leveled to 16/16.  Despite being a 560 compared to 540 PeeWee, I can't get it done (even with 80g boosts).  If I had a spare mountain of gold, I'd cap his skills. 
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    criffy said:
    After going 0-4 with video boost, G10 Kiner with skills at 13/12 got it done on the second try with 80g.
    why would you even try a video boost with skills that low? sigh...
    I never used more than video boosts in woh, and most all my players besides a few top shelf players would only have skills lvl'd till it took pxp, if it was vs rhp/lhp then I'd lvl them till it took lxp. Woh was always a breeze. At 15-20 mins a cycle, I wouldnt mind taking a loss and taking the extra minute to autplay thru rounds to try again on the pitcher I just lost to. Wasting gold to boost tho, that aint me (unless it's cvc, then the gold wasting gets stupid on my end 🤣)
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I never used more than video boosts in woh, and most all my players besides a few top shelf players would only have skills lvl'd till it took pxp, if it was vs rhp/lhp then I'd lvl them till it took lxp. Woh was always a breeze. At 15-20 mins a cycle, I wouldnt mind taking a loss and taking the extra minute to autplay thru rounds to try again on the pitcher I just lost to. Wasting gold to boost tho, that aint me (unless it's cvc, then the gold wasting gets stupid on my end 🤣)
    You've been gone longer than I thought 😃
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    You've been gone longer than I thought 😃
    Why's that? Its only been 2 months or so. Does it take diamond teams much longer than that to cycle hof these days? 
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    "I can beat classic 😂🤣"

Not me apparently. I beat it 4 times last Monday. Today, I'm 0-5 (with a slightly stronger line-up).
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @nwaredstar77 no offense but you've been gone from the game a while. they've cranked up the finishers on 6.9 and 6.10 over the past month (see other monday woh threads in January / December). appreciate that you are letting us know what your experience was but the game has changed - you might want to leave that commentary to current players. .
    Anyone else get the live boost notification, but it’s still not showing active? Or am I just blind and missing something. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Anyone else get the live boost notification, but it’s still not showing active? Or am I just blind and missing something. 

Same. Typical Glu
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    criffy said:
    @nwaredstar77 no offense but you've been gone from the game a while. they've cranked up the finishers on 6.9 and 6.10 over the past month (see other monday woh threads in January / December). appreciate that you are letting us know what your experience was but the game has changed - you might want to leave that commentary to current players. .
    I can safely say that NWA does know what he’s talking about. Just because he’s not active, doesn’t mean he isn’t aware of the games’ current state. 
    Like I’m at 6.8. PeeWee needs that extra boost lol. 
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    4-6 with Pee Wee.  The 2 loses were since the event boost. 🤔
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    criffy said:
    After going 0-4 with video boost, G10 Kiner with skills at 13/12 got it done on the second try with 80g.
    cause i only have 700 gold
    bringing a knife to a gun fight i see. how are you doing on the day?
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    criffy said:
    criffy said:
    cause i only have 700 gold
    bringing a knife to a gun fight i see. how are you doing on the day?
    once the extra 5% boost kicked in, Kiner has cycled twice with 80g's and his skills are now at 14/14. around 400 gold down, but should be able to make it up with rankings as I have almost secured a top 10. i'm also on the verge of cycle capping Schebler at diamond on my other team
    4-6 with Pee Wee.  The 2 loses were since the event boost. 🤔
    Success rate is about the same as you. Went 0-2 with PeeWee since the boost
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Made it through with my silver team with video restart only using video boost 0 gold spent today. No reason to cycle but had a boring day so figured I’d dust my team off. Used Kiner skills at 16/16
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Pre-live boost, my D10 Griffey + 80 hasn’t lost in 11 cycles on 6.9, but 2 for 5 since it’s been active. Similarly on 6.10, D10 Carter + 80 boost  is 1 for 5 since the boost (all gold restarts) and lost maybe 6 times all day. 🤔
    eman0023 said:
    Pre-live boost, my D10 Griffey + 80 hasn’t lost in 11 cycles on 6.9, but 2 for 5 since it’s been active. Similarly on 6.10, D10 Carter + 80 boost  is 1 for 5 since the boost (all gold restarts) and lost maybe 6 times all day. 🤔
    Just video boost, see how ya do
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited January 2020
    eman0023 said:
    Just video boost, see how ya do
    Wishing I would have seen this.

i cycled my rear off today.  Enough to cap Brett.

then during the last 10 minutes of the event...I lost (3) consecutive times with 80G.  

It’s happened before where sometimes the 80G is NOT the best boost to use.  I was rushing to finish one last cycle.  Didn’t even occur to me to use something else 
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I made it through 4 times yesterday.  I was using Kiner 17/17.  He was 4/9 with an 80 gold boost.  I looked at that as acceptable for a gold team. 
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Enjoyed using my new toys from the weekend. Kiner and Mathews at 20/20 in Gold were awesome. First time in a few weeks I actually played and enjoyed woh.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    I capped Pee Wees skills. This is the first time in forever that I had fun playing woh. 3-4 against the Babe. Not too shabby for playing at gold. I wish I had more time to play. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    snowy24 said:
    This is the first time in forever that I had fun playing woh. 
    This is an outage! They need to crank up the difficulty asap!!!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Due to lack of time I only got through 3 times but Mathews and grich both at 20/20 and 80 boost were 6-6 against Gibson and Ruth. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    My man!!!!!!!!
    WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!