Late night bumps; Free Willy in the Royale! ATG skills fixed!

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    edited January 2020
    4th time facing Babe. 5-2 man on 1st and 3rd 2 out. Guess wtf I did....? Swung at three straight sinkers. I’m beyond pissed at myself 😂🤦🏻‍♂️
    2-6 against Babe with Pee Wee. I’m happy with that. 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    0-4 Kiner 14/14, 0-7 Hornsby 19/20, 0-3 Peewee 18/18 all with varieties of gold boosts. I’m just downright unmotivated with Ruth. Zero problems leading up to him 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    0-4 Kiner 14/14, 0-7 Hornsby 19/20, 0-3 Peewee 18/18 all with varieties of gold boosts. I’m just downright unmotivated with Ruth. Zero problems leading up to him 
    Hornsby at 19/20 went 0-7??????
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Woah. Hornsby is 0-7?

what level are you again?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

2-6 against Babe with Pee Wee. I’m happy with that. 
    Nice. I’m not going to try again. 

Did you at least get a legend?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    edited January 2020
    So, today after pitcher adjustments, it’s different story... 580 Hornsby now at G10 & skills 16/16 is 0/4 against Ruth whereas 560 Carter G10 & skills 16/16 is 1/1 with relative ease.... 
    update: changed my approach and waited to swing on 3rd pitch only, Hornsby now 1/4 lol
    It's all done with mirrors
    @drsmartassphd yessir on the second win. Tbh I’m more tired that a full day of being up at 5:15am haha
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    1-1!! Cleared in Silver with Hornsby @ level 9, skills @ 12 with 80 gold boost. I think I only recorded one out against Babe. Got Robles.
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    @drsmartassphd yessir on the second win. Tbh I’m more tired that a full day of being up at 5:15am haha
    Lucky... I've cycled 3 times and all 3 times I got robles. I kinda want Willie because I don't want the trashcan banging cheater at second base.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Molitor 13/13 was 1/4 with video boost. Now if I just just hang on for top 10. 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Woah. Hornsby is 0-7?

Silver. Ya, I know
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Kiner 20/20 was 1/4 with video boost, then 3/3 with 80g boost. 
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    Woah. Hornsby is 0-7?

Silver. Ya, I know
    Anyone crazy enough to attempt hof at silver is my kinda guy. And the ones able to beat it def earned my respect. Don't blame ya for being burnt out on the babe. Especially after they bumped him up. You know you can do it, no need to waste the gold glu's gonna demand  now to beat his beefed up version
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I was 2 for 4 on the day with g10 Kiner 17/17 with 80g boost.  I beat Babe one time early and one time late after he was updated.  Robles both times
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    I was able to beat it twice with Grich 16/14. The first time with a video restart and 80 gold boost and the second time after with live boost with 80 gold. Pulled Willie in my first box.
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
    ihuffglu said:
    I was able to beat it twice with Grich 16/14. The first time with a video restart and 80 gold boost and the second time after with live boost with 80 gold. Pulled Willie in my first box.

I have Grich at G10 but skills aren't too high.

I also have 360 Kiner and Hornsby (both need to be capped).

What level are you? I'm trying to determine the best route at this point.

• ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    I'm gold @drsmartassphd.
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    How is it possible to beat Ruth with Grich??? It’s an indisputable fact that BO deactivates 😂😂😂 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    fahhq2 said:
    How is it possible to beat Ruth with Grich??? It’s an indisputable fact that BO deactivates 😂😂😂 
    I have 560 Carter at D10 LHP/BO skills at 16/16. He is not automatic vs Ruth, but does get it done at better than 50%. I don’t have anyone as high as him to compare with stackable skills vs Ruth, so I don’t have any way to measure if BO turns off or not. I get just as many fastball/curve combos before and after BO should deactivate it seems.
    Prior to me getting Matthews, my best vs RHPs was D10 LL 510 Harper with RHP/BO skills at 17/17. He took care of Hoffman better than 75% and Gibson at about 50%. I just got Matthews to D7 last night with the Colossal boxes, so I’m sure he’ll do much better than Harper ever did.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    So now I’m really confused. So maybe 560 Grich and Foster aren’t useless as WOH closer ? Got them whose skill turns off and Jack Clark runners on turns on. Any of these guys worth leveling or wait or a 580 version. Thanks. 
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    fahhq2 said:
    I have 560 Carter at D10 LHP/BO skills at 16/16. He is not automatic vs Ruth, but does get it done at better than 50%. I don’t have anyone as high as him to compare with stackable skills vs Ruth, so I don’t have any way to measure if BO turns off or not. I get just as many fastball/curve combos before and after BO should deactivate it seems.
    Prior to me getting Matthews, my best vs RHPs was D10 LL 510 Harper with RHP/BO skills at 17/17. He took care of Hoffman better than 75% and Gibson at about 50%. I just got Matthews to D7 last night with the Colossal boxes, so I’m sure he’ll do much better than Harper ever did.
    100% agree.  For me, if I lose, more often than not it's when the skill is active (down 4 or more).  I've been using a closer for months with a BO skill and I'm okay with the results in Diamond anyway.  Many threads have been made on this topic though.  
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    edited January 2020
    fahhq2 said:
    I’m a believer in BO skill...I was referencing all the chatter regarding BO skills turning off as fact when, in fact, there is really no way to prove it. 

@eman0023: I am going to preface this statement with this: This is in NO WAY a dig at anyone in Diamond. Please don't go that route...

With that, since Ruth got put in "def con" mode for everyone below diamond (minus Criffy) a few weeks ago, it appears anyone in Diamond that has a D10 540 guy or above with two skills on at the start of the round that are at 16 each will clear at a 50%-75% pace. That, IMO, is very reasonable especially considering the work you do at that level.  After this latest bump for Ruth to 580, the feedback today seems that a D10 560 guy at 16/16 skills will do the trick consistently.  Personally, with the amount of resources you guys need, I think you should be able to clear at a consistent 80% pace, but that's just my opinion.

The riddle now for us Gold guys is who to use now that Ruth has been jacked up again. I know my 540 20/18 guy won't cut it any longer, but now I am seeing Gold guys that were doing "OK" for the past few weeks are now struggling again, to be expected.

I really thought Hornsby would likely be my answer but now I'm not so sure. I have Kiner, but I think that's a trick. I have Grich capped right now at G10, but his skills are low. I may just leave Kiner alone, get Grich and Hornsby to G10 20/20 and experiment from there....

Maybe I'll just sit back one more week and watch everyone else suffer before I decide who to try and level up so I can get some enjoyment out of the last few weeks. My first few weeks at gold were the most fun I had at this game, but that ended about a week after Blizzard.

"I’m a believer in BO skill...I was referencing all the chatter regarding BO skills turning off as fact when, in fact, there is really no way to prove it."

Yesterday when GLU fricked up Hank, that's when I used him. BO and Runners On. My Hank is currently G10 12/12, so I knew it wasn't going to happen, but he did come quite close several times.

My only concern with BO is if you go to extra innings...

edited January 2020
    @drsmartassphd So yesterday I had my best result in WOH in a while. Even though I was 2-6 (should've been 3-6, but I swung at three sinkers). I beat it pre and post Ruth lifting. It was actually fun and I didn't want to bend my phone over my knee.

My question is this. Wouldn't respectively Ruth be the same difficulty for gold and Diamond? Meaning Ruth in Diamond is comparable to Ruth in Gold. Or am I just missing some other math? I believe it comes down to luck and crapola RNG on my part, hence me stupidly swinging at three legit sinkers I told myself not to swing at.

Edit: I may not also think too strategic about the game. I see the ball and I swing.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @slafrance2 no. diamond has higher ratings differences in between levels so you see more of a separation of hit/stuff in diamond than gold.

no one knows the exact "formula" except the developers, but that's why it is easier a higher tier (i.e. d3 v d10 instead of g3 v g10)
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    @drsmartassphd So yesterday I had my best result in WOH in a while. Even though I was 2-6 (should've been 3-6, but I swung at three sinkers). I beat it pre and post Ruth lifting. It was actually fun and I didn't want to bend my phone over my knee.

My question is this. Wouldn't respectively Ruth be the same difficulty for gold and Diamond? Meaning Ruth in Diamond is comparable to Ruth in Gold. Or am I just missing some other math? I believe it comes down to luck and crapola RNG on my part, hence me stupidly swinging at three legit sinkers I told myself not to swing at.

I am gold and it was as I expected yesterday. My results can't be the same relatively as diamond.  While pitcher skills have never been turned on to my knowledge, hitters are.  My closer is Kiner he is g10 ovr 328 and a hit of 369.  A diamon kiner is ovr 560 and a hit of 630.  If we both have our double active skills at 20% each (right now excluding pennants and boosts which do effect your hit rating), my hit goes up 147 to 516.  The diamond Kiner would go up 252 to 882.   The extra 105 his hit rating goes up is going to create a bigger gap in the hit rating to pitcher stuff that will determine your RNG.  

No, the gap between the batter and pitcher are wider the higher you move up, thus the instant gratification I got when I went from Silver to Gold.  The very first change I noticed my first HoF Monday after the switch were guys that never had a matchup favorability show up suddenly had one, and dominated rounds easily in Level 6.

Same holds true for Gold to plat to diamond.

The fact of the matter is that for the diamond guys it SHOULD be easier for them when you consider what they put into their teams and what it takes to cycle cap a player. That, on top of all the other stuff they do. IMO A Diamond guy using a top rated player at 15/15 skills should be able to cycle HoF in 30-35 minutes, simply due to what their teams require.  Again, this isn't a knock at all on anyone in diamond. Just like when shit hit the fan and GLU fricks up, I always say "Diamond guys should be taken care of". I mean that because that's just smart friggin business. LOL

The challenge now appears that they have put the 6.10 closer higher than any level than previous years. If I am wrong, correct me. I had a few guys already send me PMs stating they were sorry for telling me to go gold. LOL

Well, that wasn't bad advice at the time. I don't think anyone saw this squeeze coming. And now if Cooldowncanada's bad ass Silver Guys can't beat babe once, then damn.

All I've ever wanted in this game was a "happy medium" for those of us who don't have the time or money to grind like the diamond guys do. Reality is, they deserve the spoils from the game, for sure.  However, the long term health of the game won't survive if there is no middle ground for gold and silver teams to play.

GLU could have gotten a couple hundred more bucks out of me the past two months, but they are clearly taking 2019 another direction. They will get their money somehow, and I'm afraid that eventually the diamond guys are going to be the ones they will squeeze the most when everyone else leaves.

Goshdamn this was long. Sorry.

• 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited January 2020
    fahhq2 said:
    fahhq2 said:
    I’m a believer in BO skill...I was referencing all the chatter regarding BO skills turning off as fact when, in fact, there is really no way to prove it. 

So you're saying there's a way to prove that blowout doesn't turn off then ? lol

All you can do is test it for yourself. I've done that test myself with 510 Baylor vs 520 Smith over the course of at least 5 HoF and 1 Royale WoH with a legend reward against Gibson (which means at least 40 cycles each) and it was not close at all, Baylor was way more consistent. So for me that's all it takes to say I believe there's no way blowout is as reliable as vsRHP/vsLHP, Late innings or WoH skills.