Late night bumps; Free Willy in the Royale! ATG skills fixed!

1235Next

Comments

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    1994EXPOS said:
    fahhq2 said:
    fahhq2 said:
    How is it possible to beat Ruth with Grich??? It’s an indisputable fact that BO deactivates 😂😂😂 
    I have 560 Carter at D10 LHP/BO skills at 16/16. He is not automatic vs Ruth, but does get it done at better than 50%. I don’t have anyone as high as him to compare with stackable skills vs Ruth, so I don’t have any way to measure if BO turns off or not. I get just as many fastball/curve combos before and after BO should deactivate it seems.
    Prior to me getting Matthews, my best vs RHPs was D10 LL 510 Harper with RHP/BO skills at 17/17. He took care of Hoffman better than 75% and Gibson at about 50%. I just got Matthews to D7 last night with the Colossal boxes, so I’m sure he’ll do much better than Harper ever did.
    I’m a believer in BO skill...I was referencing all the chatter regarding BO skills turning off as fact when, in fact, there is really no way to prove it. 

So you're saying there's a way to prove that blowout doesn't turn off then ? lol

All you can do is test it for yourself. I've done that test myself with 510 Baylor vs 520 Smith over the course of at least 5 HoF and 1 Royale WoH with a legend reward against Gibson (which means at least 40 cycles each) and it was not close at all, Baylor was way more consistent. So for me that's all it takes to say I believe there's no way blowout is as reliable as vsRHP/vsLHP, Late innings or WoH skills.
    @1994EXPOS it's hard for silver teams like @fahhq2 to test it. they don't go through 10-15x on mondays like the guys at gold and diamond do. More likely they go through 4-6x (if they can get through at all)... that's why they still don't have the first hand experience themselves on blowout.
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    @drsmartassphd I agree with you.  With what it takes to get guys to D10 from scratch and even so with cycling a HoF prize, Diamond guys should be pretty successful, way more so than most are now.  I'm probably around 60% success rate on 6.10 typically that's with 20/20 skills.  60% isn't anywhere near high enough for the a) usually meh reward and b) for the work Diamond guys need to "keep up" with the game.  
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @eman0023 are you using guys with blowout? i know for a fact that some guys on this forums are crushing woh with 2 always on skills with way higher percentages than 60% for 20/20 skill levels
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    criffy said:
    1994EXPOS said:
    fahhq2 said:
    fahhq2 said:
    How is it possible to beat Ruth with Grich??? It’s an indisputable fact that BO deactivates 😂😂😂 
    I have 560 Carter at D10 LHP/BO skills at 16/16. He is not automatic vs Ruth, but does get it done at better than 50%. I don’t have anyone as high as him to compare with stackable skills vs Ruth, so I don’t have any way to measure if BO turns off or not. I get just as many fastball/curve combos before and after BO should deactivate it seems.
    Prior to me getting Matthews, my best vs RHPs was D10 LL 510 Harper with RHP/BO skills at 17/17. He took care of Hoffman better than 75% and Gibson at about 50%. I just got Matthews to D7 last night with the Colossal boxes, so I’m sure he’ll do much better than Harper ever did.
    I’m a believer in BO skill...I was referencing all the chatter regarding BO skills turning off as fact when, in fact, there is really no way to prove it. 

So you're saying there's a way to prove that blowout doesn't turn off then ? lol

All you can do is test it for yourself. I've done that test myself with 510 Baylor vs 520 Smith over the course of at least 5 HoF and 1 Royale WoH with a legend reward against Gibson (which means at least 40 cycles each) and it was not close at all, Baylor was way more consistent. So for me that's all it takes to say I believe there's no way blowout is as reliable as vsRHP/vsLHP, Late innings or WoH skills.
    @1994EXPOS it's hard for silver teams like @fahhq2 to test it. they don't go through 10-15x on mondays like the guys at gold and diamond do. More likely they go through 4-6x (if they can get through at all)... that's why they still don't have the first hand experience themselves on blowout.

Yeah I know that, but he's discrediting the opinion of guys believing Blowout turns off, saying there's no way to prove that it does turn off. I'm just curious to see his facts that prove it does stay on ;)
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    edited January 2020
    criffy said:
    @eman0023 are you using guys with blowout? i know for a fact that some guys on this forums are crushing woh with 2 always on skills with way higher percentages than 60% for 20/20 skill levels
    Not always. Against Babe I use Carter with BO. He’s probably around 60-70%. When I got Griffey some weeks ago, he’s been a stud for me. But I don’t remember if he was used much for 6.10. Prior to that I use AVS with a BO skill for a good while on 6.10 and he was very hit or miss against Gibson I believe. He was probably 50-60% success rate. Glu was messing around with difficulty around then too.

I don’t prioritize BO skill or anything but as we know Glu has been pushing it on guys for a while now. It’s just not easy to level guys to D10 unless you save up or spend $$. I guess I just used the cards Glu dealt me for a while. 

Follow-up- for righty closers, I didn’t have any LXP for Pee-Wee or Harrah. So I didn’t bother chasing. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Had to level up Matthews since Butler couldn’t beat Hoffman bases empty. Griffey did a great job on Hoffman but was less than thrilled with Matthews against Gibson (had to use video restart both times). Maybe because I didn’t have his pennants anywhere near maxed but not sure he is BSD. 

I’ve been hesitant to invest more than 13/13 in Molitor with that Leadoff skill. I thought Foster might do okay with less than optimum skills since he is a “best legend in the box” this week (Molitor was great for a couple of weeks), but hasn’t Grich been around for a while ?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    1994EXPOS said:
    criffy said:
    1994EXPOS said:
    fahhq2 said:
    fahhq2 said:

Yeah I know that, but he's discrediting the opinion of guys believing Blowout turns off, saying there's no way to prove that it does turn off. I'm just curious to see his facts that prove it does stay on ;)
    He can discredit me all he wants. My opinions are just that, opinions. I could go in detail about why things work or don't work, why there seems to be anomalies, etc., but frankly, I'd rather let things be. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    1994EXPOS said:
    criffy said:
    1994EXPOS said:
    fahhq2 said:
    fahhq2 said:

I don’t have any facts on it doing anything besides BO being active at the starting AB when down by 4 or more. No one actually knows anything after the first at bat-either way. I still play 18 and have cycled 100’s, if not 1000’s of times on both versions, so @criffy, I do have experience in this matter. In reality, all being diamond means is that one has played a ton of games-it has nothing to do with WoH experience. A lesser team can play just as much WoH as a diamond guy. It is stated above that there is a greater gap between pitchers and batters in diamond vs let’s say a silver team. That gap explains why higher level guys have an easier time than lower level guys, right? As previous posts show, some guys using Grich and others have a 50% or so success rate. There will never be a large sample size cuz silver and even gold teams need not cycle cap. Bottom line is that a fact, rather than a theory, needs to be proven by using something akin to scientific methodology-repeating it over and over with the results being the same. With no way to verify skills after the first AB and having a wacky RNG in play, skills turning off/on us just a theory. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I'm doing my best to curb posts like this and not be a negative Nancy, but...

Crap like this can easily be avoided if GLU just put out a game manual and listed what the skills do, when they work, etc.  The whole reason I found this forum was because when I had questions, CS would just direct me here. I get CS wouldn't know these things, but the reality is that they SHOULD. I've worked at three large companies that had a large help desk/CS service center. There is no way in heck we would have them all answer ONE call or reply to ONE email if they did not know the product through and through.

There is a reason they keep things like this unknown. Their answer is for you and others to spend a lot of money to try and figure it out, and that's frustrating.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service