Thoughts on Bonus sets?

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Bonus sets are new to '19 and dominate club points. I like them because it makes the game more fun. It's something extra to chase and care about. For example, I used to not care about the LL in the HoF box. Now, I'm always disappointed when I don't get him. What do you guys think?
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Thoughts on Bonus sets? 62 votes

I love it
11%
matt_sackett97leftymancov2001mythicaldragontoddgurley30gocubbiez4417StickerFan 7 votes
Money grab, but I still like it
41%
MattattackDFBBItsouttahere2ihuffglufahhq2tocopan18slafrance2JEDDDOGGYBonebreakerztotal13barnstormbombersnwaredstar77JCAM80yellahammersJTPASTORShadow451mastodonrocksTdub71More2Most2Firstcb11 26 votes
Unnecessary money grab
46%
OLDTIMER007ToughthundercatsrlphillbravesfanlaXWizardxMulderkenspooman2003cobraaaronchennnavyjack77buddydavedustyhunksDomerHomerlikenightBlackFang4RookieTapperretirepujolsjrichmanesqFrankTheTank04criffy 29 votes

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    IMO, its merely an evolution of what started late in 2017 version when bonus players themselves were introduced.  Ever since then its been somewhat of a money grab, trying to get the specified bonus players every event.   This is basically the same concept but on a larger scale.    Instead of paying to play its paying more to play essentially.
    Everyone plays the game different and its another way to cater to the people who the game should cater to ultimately.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    I love it when its two players. Makes the chase easier.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    My option isn’t on there. But I’m impartial but I lean towards not liking it. It’s hard enough to get legends as is, but that’s not good enough anymore. You need the set to win an event more often than not. It’s just the nature of the game, it’s designed to push people to spend more, which I understand. 
  • TimidDeuceTimidDeuce Registered Users, Member 87 Posts
    It definitely incents purchase, and pushes big spenders even further up the dominance spectrum.  I would like to see more attainable "super bonuses" but when they require both ATGs in the boxes and both legends like most days it is active, it's a pretty egregious money grab.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Unnecessary money grab
    Like everything else with this game, it is getting to a point where I can't afford it. Just a personal preference not to spend gobs of money on a mobile app that is not very consistent.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I love it
    Love it because it gives me more to chase on weekends. But... agree with snowy I think a set of 4 is way to many I enjoy the sets of 2. 
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    No issues with it on my end. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I can only recall one time where I really 'benefited' from a bonus set. Let me tell you, when you have a nice bonus set, the fun factor multiplies by a lot!
    Unnecessary money grab
    DFBB said:
    I can only recall one time where I really 'benefited' from a bonus set. Let me tell you, when you have a nice bonus set, the fun factor multiplies by a lot!

Completely agree @DFBB. Twice in college I was lucky enough to get a bonus set and man was it ever a blast. The fun factor was through the roof. Good thing I had enough booze, snacks, and drugs to get us all through for a couple of days.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

DFBB said:

Completely agree @DFBB. Twice in college I was lucky enough to get a bonus set and man was it ever a blast. The fun factor was through the roof. Good thing I had enough booze, snacks, and drugs to get us all through for a couple of days.

Are you referring to a 3 day cocaine-fest with 2 lucky ladies?
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Don’t care one way or the other as a solo guy. Would probably like it if I was in a competitive club,
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Unnecessary money grab
    They get carried away with it, as they do with most things. Tone it down and find a happier medium and the sets will appear differently (to me).
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    IMO, its merely an evolution of what started late in 2017 version when bonus players themselves were introduced.  Ever since then its been somewhat of a money grab, trying to get the specified bonus players every event.   This is basically the same concept but on a larger scale.    Instead of paying to play its paying more to play essentially.
    Everyone plays the game different and its another way to cater to the people who the game should cater to ultimately.
    Dang. Thats perfectly put. Like... Woah. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Unnecessary money grab
    F*** Glu and their bonus sets:

I got Yount an hour before the event ended tonight so couldn’t really take advantage. 
    Unnecessary money grab
    DFBB said:

Are you referring to a 3 day cocaine-fest with 2 lucky ladies?

I like the way you think...

But I never did coke...

They get carried away with it, as they do with most things. Tone it down and find a happier medium and the sets will appear differently (to me).
    This is probably what my answer should be but I have more or less accepted the way things go.  Im prepping for multiple 4 player sets or 5 and 6 player sets with a super ultra bonus of having both sets soon or next year
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Unnecessary money grab
    This is probably what my answer should be but I have more or less accepted the way things go.  Im prepping for multiple 4 player sets or 5 and 6 player sets with a super ultra bonus of having both sets soon or next year
    Ugh. Thanks, Matt. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    They have reached the point where you need players from previous boxes!   

I really want me some Erod! lol

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Unnecessary money grab
    No.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Unnecessary money grab
    Do the Stanky Leg!!!!
    No worries, you can grab some of them in store for 1/2 price! Get em while they’re hot! 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Unnecessary money grab

Oh look, a bonus set finally. Can we get a bonus set with stickers soon?? Maybe get an extra 5 points per RBI if you have the "say cheese", "outta here" and "ewww gross" stickers?.. just an example
    Just no.  
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I liked bonus sets, then before i stopped playing they removed the spotlight players from the weekday ones and I soured on them a good bit. 
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    Time to do some damage with 40 minutes left! Just got Baker from a cvc win!
    I liked bonus sets, then before i stopped playing they removed the spotlight players from the weekday ones and I soured on them a good bit. 
    They brought them back as part of sets, but those spotlight bats are brutal on the gold. 😪 One of my favorite things about solo? Zero temptation on those boxes. 😁