Comment on your experience

Ak472019Ak472019 Registered Users, Member 51 Posts
I have a 115k Silver maxed out team. I have read tons of posts in this forum that advises players to stay at Silver level to be more successful. Based on my experience, the developers force you to move on to Gold/Diamond/Platinum level by matching you with higher level teams during CVC events. Eventually the consistent losses will frustrate you enough to move on to the next level. Anybody with similar experience?
Prev1

Comments

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    This has been happening for years. The more games played you get harder competition. The match making is related to games played. So it doesn’t “force” you to level up but if you want to streak, win BG or tourney games you will need to move up. As far as cvc that I’m not sure. Fairly certain cvc is based on how you scored during the prior round, etc. don’t think that has anything to do with team strength.  Could be wrong there. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Ak472019 said:
    I have a 115k Silver maxed out team. I have read tons of posts in this forum that advises players to stay at Silver level to be more successful. Based on my experience, the developers force you to move on to Gold/Diamond/Platinum level by matching you with higher level teams during CVC events. Eventually the consistent losses will frustrate you enough to move on to the next level. Anybody with similar experience?
    1)Different tiers have their pros/cons, but higher tiers dominate Club events.
    2)They 'encourage' us to move up because more resources are required at higher tiers and that requires more time and/or money.
    3)CvC ignores your tier and is based on the most recent club event activity. Ensuing rounds are then based on the most recent CvC round.
    4)If leveling every new player is a priority for you, then the lower tiers may make more sense. If crushing club events/cvc are important, then higher tiers will be more ideal. Being 'successful' in Tsb is relative to interpretation, but ultimately, just means you're having fun.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited February 2020
    I just took a week off from my diamond team for science, and in this week I had time to use my neglected silver alt team. Well... three days in it was gold 6 and yearning for more 😭 I rag on the absurd amount of time that is necessary for a diamond team, but silver is BORING for me 🤷‍♂️ I don't think I could even handle gold, but silver is definitely a no go for this guy.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Maybe Bronze is the solution Pujols. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Go ahead and go gold. You'll love it!!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @drsmartassphd is about to go platinum. 

Also staying silver and gold was the big thing last year for sure. Stay wherever you want as long as it’s fun too you. 

Oh no. I'm not falling for that trick. LOL.

I still have five 550 and above guys inactive due to not having the resources to get them to G10. I'm not spending the hundreds of dollars it would take to get them where they need to be, especially with just a few weeks left.

Gold was fun for about three weeks.  Party is over now.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Oh no. I'm not falling for that trick. LOL.

I still have five 550 and above guys inactive due to not having the resources to get them to G10. I'm not spending the hundreds of dollars it would take to get them where they need to be, especially with just a few weeks left.

Gold was fun for about three weeks.  Party is over now.

No way, dude. That's why you go diamond and cycle d6 for da golds. Turn da golds into le lxp's 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Do I detect a hint of French Canadian Pujols?
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    @cooldowncanadacubs that or a little bit of cajun
    @cooldowncanadacubs that or a little bit of cajun

Mais gardez dan ca. Now you are speaking my language, cher.

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Gold was definitely the sweet spot for me in 18.  I was more of a casual player in time and money (though I did spend enough to get to VIP).

This year, I rushed to it, and camped there, but I was playing much more aggressively, and it became a horrible money-suck to try to truly compete there.  Enough so that I went completely AWOL from just after Labor Day, until about a month ago.  It was also a huge strain trying to constantly drag my club to decent finishes, but I wanted to stay loyal to my clubmates.

When I came back, I did it with a strict F2P policy (which is still intact), and after a couple weeks, realized that the only way to make it fun again, was to push through to diamond.  I am now starting D5 with an entire G10 lineup, and still winning 90%+ on BGs and tourneys.

I pretty much had to give up on WOH, and now really suck at CVC (since I am dumping all my cash into upgrading my SP and playing tourneys, I haven't done anything to the team upgrades), but I am finding the grind to not really be that bad.

I plan to play 20 at F2P (except for the stadium, most likely).  I think I will most likely play in a solo club, and jump to diamond as quickly as I reasonably can.   Cooldown will play a big role in the club decision, but that is where I stand, as of now.
    edited February 2020
    For reference, this is the active roster I am grinding with.  The only real problem is keeping enough blue cash stocked to keep the tourneys rolling, since I had to essentially punt on WOH.  Any tips from you regular cyclers would be appreciated.

Note:. All player skills are 8/8, except for keepers (only 5/5), Molitor (16/16), Scioscia (14/14), and Sax (20/19).

Edit: and no skills on Darvish or Soroka
    edited February 2020
    I plan to replace Scherzer with the next Spotlight SP.  I have just enough bxp to take him straight to D10, so I have another "Ace-of-the-week", until I can finish off Kershaw.

Edit: and I may do the same the next week, so I can bench Whitey, and not have to worry about ice-wrapping as much in tourneys.
    Hmmm. I'm glad to see you back and away from those pressures @Tdub71. As for acquiring cash outside of woh, tag up with some guys to level up clubs and collect the loyalty boxes and level rewards. If you get to cycling, you'll quickly acquire hundreds of thousands of gloves to donate. If you're not leveling many players, balls may not be acquired so quickly. My clubmates and I usually level a club to varying degrees each week, and I'm sure we could find some room for you if interested 👍
    edited February 2020
    Once I get through D6, I will probably only run 1 or 2 cycles/week, and I am mostly focusing my gold spending on shots at ATGs, or other potential keepers for next year.  I have Yogi collecting dust in my inactives now, for just that reason.  Unfortunately, my best keeper option for pitchers is still Whitey (from 18, if they let us do that...).

Edit: I have only kept Kaline as a 10th WOH bat, in case I want to play the warmup tower, lol.
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    Once I get through D6, I will probably only run 1 or 2 cycles/week, and I am mostly focusing my gold spending on shots at ATGs, or other potential keepers for next year.  I have Yogi collecting dust in my inactives now, for just that reason.  Unfortunately, my best keeper option for pitchers is still Whitey (from 18, if they let us do that...).

Edit: I have only kept Kaline as a 10th WOH bat, in case I want to play the warmup tower, lol.
    I hope the odds are in your favor and your get a nice atg this year, you certainly are putting in the work and deserve it! Keep at it, bub, always like seeing a grinder! 
    I hope so too, but I don't think the GLU gods are paying attention...  I want Paige, or a 560+ SP, so bad I can't stand it (650k lxp burning a hole in my pocket), but no luck so far.  0-60 on chasing Green, too.  Got to the pity timer box 3 times, and got Dom Smith all 3 times...
    edited February 2020
    Tdub71 said:
    I hope so too, but I don't think the GLU gods are paying attention...  I want Paige, or a 560+ SP, so bad I can't stand it (650k lxp burning a hole in my pocket), but no luck so far.  0-60 on chasing Green, too.  Got to the pity timer box 3 times, and got Dom Smith all 3 times...
    That's some brutal luck, but it'll happen man. The grind is like the plague to some, but I really enjoy the process. Keep at it! Take every chance you can at Green. Imo, he's well worth it.

Tdub71 said:
     It was also a huge strain trying to constantly drag my club to decent finishes, but I wanted to stay loyal to my clubmates.

It's so tough to find like-minded players. Honestly, it doesn't seem like they were very good clubmmates if you felt that way so you're probably better off solo.
    @dfbb, they were pretty good clubmates, and good guys in general.  We were just playing the game differently.  After I ghosted, all but 2 either quit altogether,  or left the club.

I am still in the same club, mostly for the diamond loyalty boxes and CVC rewards, but I think it is probably past time to move on...
    Tdub71 said:
    @dfbb, they were pretty good clubmates, and good guys in general.  We were just playing the game differently.  After I ghosted, all but 2 either quit altogether,  or left the club.

I am still in the same club, mostly for the diamond loyalty boxes and CVC rewards, but I think it is probably past time to move on...
    That's fair. I jumped the gun a bit there so I stand corrected.  Gl with finding the right group though. 
    Thanks.  May be time to hop around a bit.  
    Schmidty weekend, it is.  10 more boxes, no Green.  That is 0-70 total.  Got to the pity timer box for the 4th time.  Got Dom Smith for the 4th time...  Oh well.  Win some, GLU some.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    Thanks.  May be time to hop around a bit.  

You wanna come hang with us for a few events see if you like the culture? We’ve got some chill guys that grind hard. Cooperstown diamond. 
    @ShoveItUpYoenis2, @retirepujols

I am leaving my club now.  I would love to tag along, if you have a spot for me. 

If you guys use line, bear with me on that.  I am not familiar with it, so I would have to download and figure it out.
    Tdub71 said:
    @ShoveItUpYoenis2, @retirepujols

I am leaving my club now.  I would love to tag along, if you have a spot for me. 

If you guys use line, bear with me on that.  I am not familiar with it, so I would have to download and figure it out.
    Shoveit is in a different club, but I can check to see if we have room for the club leveling tomorrow 😁 if you pretend to be a woman, shoveit will send you gifts 😉 #tricksofthetrade
    edited February 2020
    @retirepujols, I am not sure who would be getting tricked there, him or me...

Just let me know, I am in cooldown now.

Edit: I am sure any gifts would probably include the obligatory shirtless selfies...🥴
    Tdub71 said:
    @retirepujols, I am not sure who would be getting tricked there, him or me...

Just let me know, I am in cooldown now.

Edit: I am sure any gifts would probably include the obligatory shirtless selfies...🥴
    Shirtless? I wish that was the extent of it. I really do
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Ak472019 said:
    Stay silver I need the wins  ;)

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.