HoF for 2-3-20: Blowout City!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Yes, that is indeed a 2b! That JT is fire!

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I guess I'll Level my Mike Schmidt :-)

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    That JT is nice unless you already have 560 Gary Carter at D10. Would have preferred a Righty with double LHP, WOH, or Late Inning combo to help against the Babe’s bump to 580.
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    Oh dang thats a nice reward... Really wish i wasnt locked out of my acc, would play thru Hof quick atleast once to get him. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    edited February 2020
    Would like some quality advice on which way to go against the Babe right now in WOH. Should I level skills on Carter to 20/20 or level Yount to D10 with skills at 16/16 to best the Babe? Not sure which way to go. Carter did just fine against Babe before he got bumped up, so I’m not even sure how he’ll do yet. BTW, I don’t currently have enough LXP to level Yount all the way. I would have to buy some Colossal bundles in order to do it.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I bet you will still be good with Carter at D10

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

As always if anyone wants/needs it. This was last weeks HoF please update if anything is different.

* means runners on and or RISP

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Same as last week. Fwiw, Cy is a 580, Gibby is a 560, and Babe is a 580.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Schmidt got it done with no active start skills, but that was too leery for me. Back to Kiner as my finisher the rest of the day 
    @JCAM80 you're killing my buzz man! I wanted to level him. I guess ill see how Pee Pwee goes.
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    anyone else notice that right hand man 560 Eddie matthews just doesn't have the pop as expected? 
    edited February 2020

So my Hornsby theory is correct. I got him to G10 18/17 this weekend. Working on 20/20.

Either way, I'm 0-2 against Babe, but both times I got to 6-4 with no outs before the frickery started. I was kicking his ass too, just like old times with Harrah. Doubles, HRs.  I haven't hit a HR off Babe since they put his stuff at 387.

No doubt I can clear it today, likely multiple times, but I just don't have the patience or motivation to do this any longer, especially with the way the game is designed in terms of taking skill out of it the majority of the day. That's just not fun to be on a roll like that, then all of the sudden...well, you know...

Good luck to everyone today! Hope you all tear it up. I'll try again next week when Hornsby is 20/20.

If anyone has Yogi or Gherig, they have been unbeaten for me the past few weeks on 6.8 and 6.9. Nay a curve out from Young or Gibby. Just straight up fun and quick beat downs.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    anyone else notice that right hand man 560 Eddie matthews just doesn't have the pop as expected? 
    he's doing fine with me although he's fallen behind Green
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    edited February 2020
    @JCAM80 you're killing my buzz man! I wanted to level him. I guess ill see how Pee Pwee goes.
    He can definitely get it done. But seeing no active skills lit to begin, just not ideal. 
    Puts too much to chance with the RNG seeing that much lower start value 
  • AIC_76AIC_76 Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    Any know how pee wee has fared against the babe?
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts

@Probodybuilder skill level? I'm currently stuck in Verlander HELL. Its like i'm living the Edge of Tomorrow movie
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    @Probodybuilder skill level? I'm currently stuck in Verlander HELL. Its like i'm living the Edge of Tomorrow movie
    17/16.    80 gold boost
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I got through 1st try with g10 Kiner 17/17 with 80 g boost
    edited February 2020
    0-3 Pee Wee 17/17 vid and stupid gold restart. The Vid restart I got to extra innings and lost three straigh outs. UGH. Looks out classic here i come.
    Got pulled into an unexpected boring call so I played another round. Hornsby 1-3. No gold this time. Go figure. 6-6 one out when shenanigans started. Ended extras in three swings. I have my Babe solution, but I don’t have “The Want”. Lol This time I mean it. Have a good day and good luck!

• Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Got pulled into an unexpected boring call so I played another round. Hornsby 1-3. No gold this time. Go figure. 6-6 one out when shenanigans started. Ended extras in three swings. I have my Babe solution, but I don’t have “The Want”. Lol This time I mean it. Have a good day and good luck!
    Have you tried using PeeWee against babe?
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Kiner (D10 20/20) with 80 gold boost got it done on second try. 
    No gold boost. Yeah that’s right! 🤣

Thank you Tappy! Babe here I come you SOB 😂🤣

• aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    The Cy young is too much for my 520 reggie smith :(
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    AIC_76 said:
    Any know how pee wee has fared against the babe?

20/18 Pee Wee is 1-2 with Vid Boost and 1-1 with 80 G

Not to sound like the Doc, but being 0-4 is really discouraging.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    edited February 2020
    Comment Deleted by @retirepujols

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    1/2 with 13/13 gold Molitor using a video boost to get through. Back to farming. 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    edited February 2020
    0/2 Carter, 80g boost, skills skills 16/16....not close
    It's all done with mirrors