HoF for 2-3-20: Blowout City!

Comments

• aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Went 0-2 against ruth with 80g... threw a tantrum, and dropped 4500 gold on mega lxp boxes.. 20 minutes later i beat it first try with a video boost.... wtf
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    AIC_76 said:
    Any know how pee wee has fared against the babe?

20/18 Pee Wee is 1-2 with Vid Boost and 1-1 with 80 G

Pee Wee updated to 1-3 with video and 2-4 with 80G
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Update on how my day is going so far. Since getting Mathews to D9 16/16, I have gone 3/3 against Young, 3/5 against Gibson (using Mathews against both), and 3/4 against Babe with D10 Carter at 16/16. Probably just jinxed myself though.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Not to sound like the Doc, but being 0-4 is really discouraging.

Is that with Yount?

My current solution is Hornsby and his skill set is similar.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    Kiner 16/14 is 2-4 with video boost, 0-2 with 80g. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @drsmartassphd that was with pee wee. I currently am stuck back in that Veela def hell. If I feel like playing it out I’ll update ya. P
    Let me tell you all this story... ok so I spent my stash of lxp to get Yount to G10 16/14. Finally getting to Babe I get at 6-1 man on first and second. Guess wtf happens!? I hit a HR off Babe (never done before) the. Two final straight outs.  Vid restart and another 80g boom beat it somehow with two out. 

If your guy has the ability to homer on him, you’re in the correct mathematical matchup zone. Keep stacking him and enjoy

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Get RHP to 20 first

• cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Anyone else noticing how useless Hornsby is? I’ve got him at 20/20 (Silver capped), and the guy cannot perform in woh. His batting average stats are 0.100 below anyone on my roster for normal game modes as well. He is definitely the best ranked player on my team, but I’m on the verge of making him inactive. 
    overall Yount is 2-3 with this beaut of a GS

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

I've heard of gold guys being able to take the Babe deep. Glu's alog is very interesting. It's very rare that I cycle less than 20x on Mondays and I can't recall a single homer vs the Babe. Well done!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I switched From 0/2 Carter G10 with skills 16/16 to Hornsby at G9 with skills 14/12 and Hornsby went 2/2.... second team was 2/2 with Hornsby as well but at G10
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I've heard of gold guys being able to take the Babe deep. Glu's alog is very interesting. It's very rare that I cycle less than 20x on Mondays and I can't recall a single homer vs the Babe. Well done!
    Agreed @DFBB. I’ve had hundreds of rounds vs. Babe and others at 6.10 using a D10 player with 20/20 skills and 80g boost, and still I’ve never hit a homerun. Great job @slafrance2!
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Kiner 20/20 was 3/4 with video boost and 1/1 with 80g. Green at 6.9 was  EZ mode.
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I finished the day 3 for 3 against Ruth with Kiner G10 17/17 80gold boost.  Didn't need another 2nd basemen so play was limited yesterday.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Horse42 said:
    DFBB said:
    Agreed @DFBB. I’ve had hundreds of rounds vs. Babe and others at 6.10 using a D10 player with 20/20 skills and 80g boost, and still I’ve never hit a homerun. Great job @slafrance2!

Same with Gibson as 540 and now 560, which is why Mathews 1.0 was effective there. Feel free to take chances with Yogi and same skills but with Mathews 2.0 and now Green you don't have to. I was hitting decent gap shots with Green but nothing over the wall against Gibson. I'll take it though as he was 13/13 against him with 40g all day.
    I started day with Baylor at 6.10 and went 1/2 but sadly the writing was on the wall and he has been moved to inactives after some impressive longevity. With the, dare I say, glut of decent lefty bats lately my gold reserve has been depleted so I was running lean yesterday and couldn't cap both of Kiner's skills. He ended up 12/14 at d8 17/20 however so it worked out.

I wasn't super excited about Boone at first but he is a massive upgrade to LL Altuve. Was fortunate to pull JT on first cycle (and again at p10 to evolve to diamond w/o gold!) who will be my DH going forward. This box has been kind to me. I ended up with that stupid 5 player set after pulling Ozuna from fp boxes, JT from 1st cycle, getting Dusty from a gift and finally cycling classic for Cutch. I also got Villar from another gift and a club member purchased the club special which dropped 2 boxes in my lap so was going to retire if I pulled Mantle but alas, it wasn't meant to be.
    DFBB said:

@DFBB, I was homering Ruth at Gold consistently with Toby Harrah for weeks until they jacked up his levels beyond what they claim he is really at. Then, Toby's bat became very nerf for a while and I couldn't clear consistently. When I did, it was a single festival. That was part of my angst for a few weeks on here. It was obvious, IMO, what they did to Ruth's skills for us Gold guys.

Hornsby appears to be my current solution. He has the same skill set as Yount does. I blasted at least 10-15 HRs off Babe yesterday. I led off many rounds with a HR too, despite one skill not being active. I ended up not playing much again yesterday, but cleared again with Hornsby rather easily for my second cycle.

I tried a third cycle last night, but ran into the exact same sequences I had earlier in the day. I went 0-4 losing 6-4 each time. As soon as I got the tying run to the plate, the shenanigans started. A few weeks ago, I would have easily cleared 5-6 times at gold and had a blast with Harrah. I just don't enjoy it enough any longer to wait hours for good RNG. It is like trying to play at silver again with what they've done to Babe's "stuff".

Anyone else noticing how useless Hornsby is? I’ve got him at 20/20 (Silver capped), and the guy cannot perform in woh. His batting average stats are 0.100 below anyone on my roster for normal game modes as well. He is definitely the best ranked player on my team, but I’m on the verge of making him inactive. 

I won't put what I want to put here.

Hornsby isn't useless. He, aside from Kiner, are the best Babe options right now for guys playing below diamond.

I won't insult your WoH ability either. I have no doubt you could clear the game and have in the past consistently.

I won't put what I want to put here.

Hornsby isn't useless. He, aside from Kiner, are the best Babe options right now for guys playing below diamond.

I won't insult your WoH ability either. I have no doubt you could clear the game and have in the past consistently.

The odd thing is that I cleared it last night twice with Kiner (13/14), once with Yount (14/14), once with Peewee (18/18) all with just video boosts. I’m just blown away with Hornsbys results. 
    Horse42 said:
    DFBB said:

Same with Gibson as 540 and now 560, which is why Mathews 1.0 was effective there. Feel free to take chances with Yogi and same skills but with Mathews 2.0 and now Green you don't have to. I was hitting decent gap shots with Green but nothing over the wall against Gibson. I'll take it though as he was 13/13 against him with 40g all day.
    @dustyhunks: your observation there is correct also. Since Gibson was jacked up, I have hit no HRs off of him either, even with Yogi as my guy there.  Last night while attempting my third cycle, I got curved out by Gibson for the first time against Yogi. Chalked it up to bad RNG. Then it happened three more times before I got through. I have Greene, and he will be my next guy to level up and put there. I'll drop Yogi to 6.8 where he will dominate Young, since his stuff is low 300s despite him being a 580 guy. Gherig currently ends 6.8 now in a few swings.

• snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    My struggle wasn’t with Babe. Went 2-3 against him with 20/20 Peewee. My struggle was with curveball magee Gibson. 
    snowy24 said:
    My struggle wasn’t with Babe. Went 2-3 against him with 20/20 Peewee. My struggle was with curveball magee Gibson. 
    Who are you using for him?  And who are you using for Cy Young?
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    snowy24 said:
    Green for Cy and Gehrig for Gibson. Gehrig always smoked him in the past. I did up his skills to 18, which helped a little bit. 
    snowy24 said:
    snowy24 said:
    Green for Cy and Gehrig for Gibson. Gehrig always smoked him in the past. I did up his skills to 18, which helped a little bit. 
    Gehrig (18/19) on my squad couldn’t get it done against Gibby last night either. Ended up using Mathews 16/16 and 20/20 Brett. Both with relative ease, but couldn’t take out Cy. Ended up using Gehrig against Cy the whole night with ease as well. 
    I used for the final four Brett, Butler, Matthews and Yount, and to be honest my toughest pitcher was Verlander. He was crushing Pee Wee. I had to finally manually play him to win. I found Butler was able to get past Cy relatively easy

snowy24 said:
    snowy24 said:
    Gehrig (18/19) on my squad couldn’t get it done against Gibby last night either. Ended up using Mathews 16/16 and 20/20 Brett. Both with relative ease, but couldn’t take out Cy. Ended up using Gehrig against Cy the whole night with ease as well. 

I would use 100% active at all times skills any day over RISP bat with Gibson. Gehrig is probably 6.5-6.7 sim guy.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited February 2020

snowy24 said:
    snowy24 said:

I would use 100% active at all times skills any day over RISP bat with Gibson. Gehrig is probably 6.5-6.7 sim guy.
    Very much agree with this 

as painful as it is having spent all those resources to level an ATG...my success rate has gone up dramatically using the Double active skills guys vs my ATG
    snowy24 said:
    snowy24 said:

I would swap that. I'm going to level Green and put him on Gibby next. Like I said above, last night was the first time since I used Yogi on Gibson that he curved me out. Did it four straight times too.  Three of those were just straight up nine and out. Was like old times. LOL

Use Gherig on Young. That's who I use and those rounds end quickly. Every so often he will give me one or two curve outs, but I've never been 9 and outed by Young on 6.8.