HoF for 2-3-20: Blowout City!

13Next

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Anyone else noticing how useless Hornsby is? I’ve got him at 20/20 (Silver capped), and the guy cannot perform in woh. His batting average stats are 0.100 below anyone on my roster for normal game modes as well. He is definitely the best ranked player on my team, but I’m on the verge of making him inactive. 

I won't put what I want to put here.

Hornsby isn't useless. He, aside from Kiner, are the best Babe options right now for guys playing below diamond.

I won't insult your WoH ability either. I have no doubt you could clear the game and have in the past consistently.

The odd thing is that I cleared it last night twice with Kiner (13/14), once with Yount (14/14), once with Peewee (18/18) all with just video boosts. I’m just blown away with Hornsbys results. 

That's good to know and makes me wish I had stayed at silver more and more. I'd have all those guys at that level or higher, but since the squeeze on resources overall, and the squeeze on WoH, I can't level them bc now I refuse to spend the money for the 500K LxP I need now that I'm dead in the water at gold.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

Weird experience for me yesterday.  On my first attempt, sailed to 6.10, lost twice to Babe with G10 Kiner, 16/16 skills.  Tried again 30 minutes later and beat Babe first time, no restart.  Second and third cycles, beat him first time, no problem.  But then the 4th cycle, it was like Glu said "No Way Jose."  Probably went 0-10.  Clock struck midnight and I never got through the 4th time.

Color me curious how I can sail through three times and then suddenly, using the same player, can't beat it.  I probably didn't spend enough gold.  I cycled three times with like 200 gold, all in boosts.

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited February 2020
    Cycled 13x. Only lost to babe twice. Not sure why it magically got easier compared to the past two weeks with hornsby when I was clearing 40-50%. I know there was a 560 to 580 bump but doesn't seem to make any sense. I'll take it though
    DFBB said:
    I've heard of gold guys being able to take the Babe deep. Glu's alog is very interesting. It's very rare that I cycle less than 20x on Mondays and I can't recall a single homer vs the Babe. Well done!
    I took a video of hornsby homering off of the babe. i must have homered like 5-8x off of him yesterday with hornsby. haven't been able to homer off of gibby, but been able to homer off of babe this entire time. not sure why the diamond guys can't homer off of him. makes zero sense to me but it is what it is.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    snowy24 said:
    snowy24 said:
    My struggle wasn’t with Babe. Went 2-3 against him with 20/20 Peewee. My struggle was with curveball magee Gibson. 
    Who are you using for him?  And who are you using for Cy Young?
    Green for Cy and Gehrig for Gibson. Gehrig always smoked him in the past. I did up his skills to 18, which helped a little bit. 

I would swap that. I'm going to level Green and put him on Gibby next. Like I said above, last night was the first time since I used Yogi on Gibson that he curved me out. Did it four straight times too.  Three of those were just straight up nine and out. Was like old times. LOL

Use Gherig on Young. That's who I use and those rounds end quickly. Every so often he will give me one or two curve outs, but I've never been 9 and outed by Young on 6.8.

If you have Green, have him PROPERLY (16/16 at a minimum) leveled, and aren’t using him on Gibson...you’re making a big mistake.  GLU basically custom designed him to hammer Gibson for you.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Cool thing is we can test these scenarios this week for Royale!! :smile:
    snowy24 said:
    snowy24 said:
    My struggle wasn’t with Babe. Went 2-3 against him with 20/20 Peewee. My struggle was with curveball magee Gibson. 
    Who are you using for him?  And who are you using for Cy Young?
    Green for Cy and Gehrig for Gibson. Gehrig always smoked him in the past. I did up his skills to 18, which helped a little bit. 

I would swap that. I'm going to level Green and put him on Gibby next. Like I said above, last night was the first time since I used Yogi on Gibson that he curved me out. Did it four straight times too.  Three of those were just straight up nine and out. Was like old times. LOL

Use Gherig on Young. That's who I use and those rounds end quickly. Every so often he will give me one or two curve outs, but I've never been 9 and outed by Young on 6.8.

If you have Green, have him PROPERLY (16/16 at a minimum) leveled, and aren’t using him on Gibson...you’re making a big mistake.  GLU basically custom designed him to hammer Gibson for you.

That's the plan, sir. Just gathering LxP now. Hoping fan rewards today can help, then I'll join a .3 club this weekend and get him to G10 16/16.

Just need gold for Hornsby at this point. TY for the Hornsby info. That is definitely my Babe solution and I was homering the shit out of Babe yesterday. Just didn't have the time or patience to clear that many times. LOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• DomerHomerDomerHomer Registered Users, Member 76 Posts
    All great info, thanks everyone. Was able to cycle three times and only once needed a restart for Babe. As always my limiting factor was work.

Very jealous of anyone who has homered off Babe and Gibson. Cannot recall a single homer off them all year. This week I had Kiner 20/20 for Babe and Green 20/20 for Gibson. Smooth sailing.  Hoping for a great Royale this weekend! 
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts

That's the plan, sir. Just gathering LxP now. Hoping fan rewards today can help, then I'll join a .3 club this weekend and get him to G10 16/16.

*****He won't be a discount this weekend.  It is only the weekend bonus players for that week***********

Doesn't FP work on all ATG?
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    My final tally from yesterday’s HOF WOH experience. I used 560 Mathews at D9 16/16 for 6.8 & 6.9 and 560 Carter D10 16/16 vs Babe. Mathews was 8-9 vs Young & 8-12 vs Gibson. Don’t know why Gibson was tougher than Young with Young being 486 vs 469 for Gibson. I was 8-12 against the Babe with Carter and I am quite pleased with those results. Now time to start leveling up Green so I have an absolute killer vs Gibson. Yesterday was the most times I’ve cycled HOF in quite awhile and I think maybe I’m ready for the Royale this weekend. I think I’m gonna try and level up Late Night Yount after Green. I think that is a better option than the Schmidt just released.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Doesn't FP work on all ATG?
    it does, but won't stack with the 30% discount (meaning 50%) given hornsby's bonus days are done. Most discount you can get now is 30% during the week, instead of the 50%.
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    Don’t know why Gibson was tougher than Young with Young being 486 vs 469 for Gibson.
    Because Gibson's stuff is way higher than Young even though he has a lower overall rating

@criffy thanks for that. I've never had FP so i was just clueless there.
    1994EXPOS said:
    Don’t know why Gibson was tougher than Young with Young being 486 vs 469 for Gibson.
    Because Gibson's stuff is way higher than Young even though he has a lower overall rating

Yep. Glad I'm not the only one who recognizes this. They can tell you all day long someone is G3, but if they jack their stuff to insane levels, that is an illusion.