Ty cobb

drknight24drknight24 Registered Users 92 Posts
Anyone else see the news about ty cobb yet i dont see him anywhere to get? Did i miss it?

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    👀 I need a @dustyhunks meme response here. Where did you hear about cobb?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited February 2020
    this? Hate the skills - trash - but there are 40 boxes for sale on the home page special
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • drknight24drknight24 Registered Users 92 Posts

Yea i dont have that box in my store? Wth
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Not in Store, it was on my games page for the bargain price of $100
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    $99 'special' gets you 10,400 gold, 40x ty boxes and some helmets!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Hmm dont see that either but thank you guys. Appreciate it
    DFBB said:
    $99 'special' gets you 10,400 gold, 40x ty boxes and some helmets!
    You know in the ‘17 game, the “one time special” of either $69, $79 or $89 still pops up on a game they no longer support and nothing but season mode is active. And ‘18 game still has CvC subscription. CvC hasn’t been active for months! I’m saving my $99 for one of those games instead. If they’re still being offered, must be a great deal right?
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Throw in some brand new stickers and I guarantee they would sell a few extras.
    Just no.  
    Ty who? Oh, this guy....

Of course, it's not mine. 😂
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    Ty and Jackie fighting for worst ATG released. I love blowout but combining it with late innings just kills the player IMO. 
    edited February 2020
    DFBB said:
    Ty who? Oh, this guy....

Of course, it's not mine. 😂
    81 tigers pennants? That's definitely a GLU employee 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Has there been another tigers player to use pennants on before Ty?
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Not really. There’s been at least 3-4 Legend Alan Trammells, but with the switch-hitting and lefty shortstops, Trammell hasn’t been a keeper. The Miguel Cabrera’s have not been too appealing either. 
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    You know in the ‘17 game, the “one time special” of either $69, $79 or $89 still pops up on a game they no longer support and nothing but season mode is active. And ‘18 game still has CvC subscription. CvC hasn’t been active for months! I’m saving my $99 for one of those games instead. If they’re still being offered, must be a great deal right?
    @tshea510 That’s interesting. Can you still play Match Me games in the prior versions of the app?
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Horse42 said:
    2003cobra said:
    Not really. There’s been at least 3-4 Legend Alan Trammells, but with the switch-hitting and lefty shortstops, Trammell hasn’t been a keeper. The Miguel Cabrera’s have not been too appealing either. 
    Trammel is my cvc shortstop thus I have tigers pennants maxed. Haven't pulled a lefty shortstop... can't remember who was available but don't recall any 540+ that was worth chasing?
    Horse42 said:
    tshea510 said:
    @tshea510 That’s interesting. Can you still play Match Me games in the prior versions of the app?
    No clue. Everything vanished except for Season mode, but I’ll take a look to see
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Pesky is a 560 lefty shortstop
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited February 2020
    criffy said:
    Horse42 said:
    2003cobra said:
    Trammel is my cvc shortstop thus I have tigers pennants maxed. Haven't pulled a lefty shortstop... can't remember who was available but don't recall any 540+ that was worth chasing?

Latest Pesky is basically 560 TBG. Same numbers as Mathews 2.0 w/less speed and Red Sox booooost!
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Ah that's why I didn't care, he's a dirty Sox 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    At this point in the game, what is our motivation for investing in an ATG?  Especially one that has poor skills.  Since they nerfed the bonus point for ATGs, I don't see any value in him - but for big spenders, the LXP alone from those boxes should have been an easy decision. 
    edited February 2020
    At this point in the game, what is our motivation for investing in an ATG?  Especially one that has poor skills.  Since they nerfed the bonus point for ATGs, I don't see any value in him - but for big spenders, the LXP alone from those boxes should have been an easy decision. 
    Part of it is eye candy. They've also realize the emphasis that spenders place on club points. On their own, ATGs are meh in terms of bonus points. If you have them as part of sets, however, they've never been stronger. Usually,the type that will chase/level ATGs are also the ones that buy boxes so in that sense, the new system caters to the spenders. It's not always about team building. 
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    For 540 SS worth chasing, switch hitting Vizquel was pretty awesome. 540 with blowout and hot hitter. Still my cvc SS.
    Ty and Jackie fighting for worst ATG released. I love blowout but combining it with late innings just kills the player IMO. 
    Ty wins by TKO...in the first round!
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    right, they are for the 1% at this point.   I leveled two in diamond and it took me over a month to do so and still didnt technically cap Yogi (grrr glu).

But yeah tough to have that much lxp lying around legitimately and wanting it just for team strength   
    Horse42 said:
    tshea510 said:
    Yes, it appears that is still available. Let me know how that turns out! 🤠