Possible Keepers already in the game?

navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
I am thinking, even when they go to 600 Max overall, the Green and Yount might still be more viable for me than Hank and Teddy because I love WOH. My Paige is definitely coming as my pitcher, assuming Keepers stay the same as last year (2 batters and one pitcher). What do you guys and gals think? If they have stackable WOH skilled Max 600 guys released in the next month or so and I can land them, that will obviously change.
Prev1

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I agree. I would def take Yount and for me without getting Green. I’ll have Matthews. Pitcher I may have my 18 keeper 😂🤣
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Paige is a safe bet. The problem I have with green outside of him being a 580 is he's an outfielder. I've never had an issue with OF, and I would IDEALLY have keepers at catcher and either 2b or SS. It will be interesting to see who's available in game come opening day 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I hear ya @retirepujols. I’ll just have to wait and see what the next month or so brings us. It doesn’t look like Keepers will be coming through WOH this year though. I think the best Keepers (Max 600 with stackable skills) won’t be released until the final weekend, and people will be buying lots of bundles or spending a lot of gold to try to get them.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    @retirepujols no doubt shortstop has been a rareity. I'm hoping for a 600 max shortstop but if not it'll be Green, Mathews and maybe my keeper closer Sutter from 18.
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    I’m thinking anyone 580+ will be a solid keeper. I think this year I’m going to focus on more all around keepers.
  • Horse42Horse42 Registered Users, Member 136 Posts
    Paige is a safe bet. The problem I have with green outside of him being a 580 is he's an outfielder. I've never had an issue with OF, and I would IDEALLY have keepers at catcher and either 2b or SS. It will be interesting to see who's available in game come opening day 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Agreed. A few months ago I thought the catcher would be the toughest position to fill. Then they released switch-hitting 540 Posada and Yogi. Now I’m convinced second base is the toughest position to fill, so finding a keeper at 2B would be ideal. I’m hoping Glu releases a Legend switch-hitting Carlos Baerga or Roberto Alomar at 2B. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    As things are right now I’m looking at green kiner and Paige. All of my keepers are still in my starting lineup and have been a huge help this season. I can remember the last time that Gibson lost a game. 
  • sucios08sucios08 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    What about Hornsby?
    I thought mantle would be a keeper for sure 580 switch hitter ATG ?
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    sucios08 said:
    What about Hornsby?
    I guess if Hornsby goes up to 600 then that 40 point difference might be the deciding factor. I’m looking at kiner for woh but Hornsby would be better for every other aspect of the game. Hopefully I get a better righty option before the season ends 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    I got mine. Yogi, hornsby and the satch!
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    criffy said:
    Here’s the thing tho... If Glu drops a random double rhb or lhb, then they’re not your keepers. Last year, you pretty much got to hand pick which skills and players you wanted.  Currently, if the game ended today, I’d choose the best players available. Both Hornsby and yogi don’t fit the bill 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    frankly, I would think I’d keep a 580 Green over any 600 ATG except maybe Yogi.  Only because of the C position 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    criffy said:
    Here’s the thing tho... If Glu drops a random double rhb or lhb, then they’re not your keepers. Last year, you pretty much got to hand pick which skills and players you wanted.  Currently, if the game ended today, I’d choose the best players available. Both Hornsby and yogi don’t fit the bill 
    I just like the look of the ATGs and they fill tough positions at max overalls. One from each side of the plate and can finish for the first half of the year before keepers fall behind the curve... that is, if this year's woh pattern holds. MOB was a revelation for me this year... once I started using 520 Mathews to finish, changed my whole outlook on the skill. Almost just as good as double rhp/lhp/ late innings
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Assuming things stay relatively the same to start next season even keepers with only one good skill should be very good to finish with early on.  I couldn’t repull ATGs last season so I ended up taking Hosmer and Jed and they wrecked all the way up to gold for me.
    Horse42 said:
    Agreed. A few months ago I thought the catcher would be the toughest position to fill. Then they released switch-hitting 540 Posada and Yogi. Now I’m convinced second base is the toughest position to fill, so finding a keeper at 2B would be ideal. I’m hoping Glu releases a Legend switch-hitting Carlos Baerga or Roberto Alomar at 2B. 
    Wow, Robbie Alomar🤤😍🤤 I think I would break my streak of f2p for him but only if his skill set is good. 
    frankly, I would think I’d keep a 580 Green over any 600 ATG except maybe Yogi.  Only because of the C position 
    I second that... Green and Mathews... But if a rhb with double lhb or double late innings skill set comes out of no where then I will change my opinion. Right now Jackie Robinson is my best rhb choice.
  • 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    Mickey Mantle and Yogi with Page!!
    I don't have a pitcher on my team I really want to keep. I have 490 Blyleven and Ryan, meh and sig Verlander, and 2 other primes. If everything ended today I would take my keeper from last year Sutter. He's been lights out.
  • RIMillionairesRIMillionaires Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    I’m going with Paige for pitcher. Then it’s either Kiner 560 (dbl left bonus) and Greene (dbl right bonus); or Greene and Mantle unless another double right or left bonus legend comes out. I don’t have yogi, but if I did, I’d take him with me over mantle because of catcher position. 

Rogers Hornsby is good, but he’s not a finisher for woh, and that and c v c is how you level your players quickly with cycle caps. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    At this point, for me, it is Yogi and one of the pretty much interchangable Buddy Bell, Grich, Molitor, or Pesky.  All 560s with meh skills.  No pitchers of note, so probably Whitey from 18.

Just writing that is a little disheartening... 
    @Tdub71 I agree wholeheartedly! Very disheartening
    Is there any advantage keeping a ATG 580 or a 580 legend ?  
    None whatsoever 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    At this point, for me, it is Yogi and one of the pretty much interchangable Buddy Bell, Grich, Molitor, or Pesky.  All 560s with meh skills.  No pitchers of note, so probably Whitey from 18.

Just writing that is a little disheartening... 
    GLU wants us to have nice keepers because it'll make us more likely to play '20.  I'm confident that if you continue to play, you'll have better options. It's definitely a struggle to decide between a 600 max Yogi vs a guy like Green. If things were to end today, those two would be at the top of the list for most people. Fwiw, the best keeper from '18 is Will Clark and he wasn't released until the very last weekend of the '18 season. Also, Ichiro wasn't even at the curve in '18 and he's probably the most popular keeper from last season. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Ichiro was a must for me last year with the double WOH skills, but I have come to value other modes more, so I would probably even consider keeping LL Realmuto (even at only 550 max) with the double blow-out, if I didn't have Yogi, too.

I have really come around on the blow-out skill after moving to diamond.
    Tdub71 said:
    Ichiro was a must for me last year with the double WOH skills, but I have come to value other modes more, so I would probably even consider keeping LL Realmuto (even at only 550 max) with the double blow-out, if I didn't have Yogi, too.

I have really come around on the blow-out skill after moving to diamond.
    My keeper from last year was 540 double blowout Kris Davis.  He is still on my roster for all event other than WOH. Hands down my favourite guy on my squad 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Even though I know it's premature to talk keepers, for the reasons @DFBB mentioned, I still find myself debating between Yogi, Gehrig, Hornsby and Green.  Very tough call because the best options are probably Lou and Yogi, but they're both lefties.  Hornsby gives me better WOH balance and plays a premium position (2B).  Tough call. 
    @cooldowncanadacubs, I almost brought him, but I guess I was a little too worried about WOH closers.  My other keeper was a 520 Goldschmidt with LI and LHP.  He rocked as a righty closer for a little bit, but got sidelined a lot earlier that I thought he would.

I won't make the mistake of focusing on just one event this time.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Even though I know it's premature to talk keepers, for the reasons @DFBB mentioned, I still find myself debating between Yogi, Gehrig, Hornsby and Green.  
    Nothing wrong with having fun!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.