Possible Keepers already in the game?

2Next

Comments

• TimidDeuceTimidDeuce Registered Users, Member 87 Posts
    With my current lineup, assuming a bump to Max 600 for ATG, I would choose the following:

Shawn Green - no brainer
    Rogers Hornsby or Bobby Grich - will be a tough call, hoping for at least a 580 double-skill righty in the home stretch
    Trevor Hoffman - I know, I know - he's a reliever.  Not super exciting.
  • WackGoneLocoWackGoneLoco Registered Users, Member 95 Posts
    Atm I’m taking ATG Berra, ATG Hornsby and ATG Paige. Pending if a better max comes of course.
    May take Green too if caps at 580
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I’m keeping Kerry Wood over Paige because I’ve been waiting for Kerry Wood to be added for 2 years and in the end a 20 point max overall difference means nothing when it comes to pitching. 
    Reggie Smith in the house today!  Switch hitting WOH closer with 2 endgame skills...
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Who, this guy???

• 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    Ok if you  go with green for righty. Then Hornus is for lefty.  Same skills.  And page
    Yup, this guy is keeper material even if they flex to max 600.  Might keep him over Mickey Mantle... thoughts?
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    My view is that the late innings and blowout skill combination is terrible.  If you're a believer that blowout toggles off in WOH, then Smith isn't a good WOH player.  The late innings skill is only active for 2 out of 8 innings (assuming you win) in regular game modes, and isn't active at all for CVC, so he's no good there either.  Mantle isn't great for WOH, but at least he would rake in all other game modes.
  • aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    My view is that the late innings and blowout skill combination is terrible.  If you're a believer that blowout toggles off in WOH, then Smith isn't a good WOH player.  The late innings skill is only active for 2 out of 8 innings (assuming you win) in regular game modes, and isn't active at all for CVC, so he's no good there either.  Mantle isn't great for WOH, but at least he would rake in all other game modes.
    Hornsby, despite having skills that aren't too great, would be a good keeper.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Personally, I plan to build my team solely around WOH, so I'll take whoever my best righty and lefty WOH closers - other game modes be damned.  
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    agreed.   Jack of all trades but master of none
    I only care about WOH.  No evidence or anecdotes that convince me that blowout turns off in WOH.  Reggie is a closer, straight up - I'll see this weekend how he fares against Babe.
    First pass at Babe with Reggie at G9 with 12/12/ skills (far from maxed out) and I clocked him with 80 gold boost.  This bodes well, replaces my righty closer (Toby Harrah).
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Royale babe is a scrub
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    First year player here, so apologies for the dumb question: does it matter what level your keepers are? I.e. can I pull a stud the last week of the season, leave him at B1 and keep him? Or does he need to be leveled?
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Yes you can.  At least, as long as keepers work the same as last year.  2 of my 3 keepers were B1.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I was hoping the newsletter would clear this up just a wee bit. Of course, it didn't mention keepers whatsoever 🙃 I did notice mention of an interesting sounding sticker, though 🤔 but yes, if the process remains the same then it doesn't matter what your keepers are at in 19; they'll all start at b1 and require bxp in 2020. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Well said I couldn’t agree more “believing” blowout turns on and off is putting waaaay to much faith that glu’s game functions properly. Given the amount of mistakes made by glu on a daily basis how scattered they are etc..there is just absolutely no way skills turn on and off imo. So I definitely won’t be chasing Reggie 
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I was hoping the newsletter would clear this up just a wee bit. Of course, it didn't mention keepers whatsoever 🙃 I did notice mention of an interesting sounding sticker, though 🤔 but yes, if the process remains the same then it doesn't matter what your keepers are at in 19; they'll all start at b1 and require bxp in 2020. 
    Any mention of how many stickers we get to keep for 2020?
  • cooldowncanadacubscooldowncanadacubs Registered Users, Member 643 Posts
    Any mention of how many stickers we get to keep for 2020?
    Also, what is this interesting sticker you speak of? Asking for a friend...
    Personally, I plan to build my team solely around WOH, so I'll take whoever my best righty and lefty WOH closers - other game modes be damned.  
    WOH is really the only game mode where skills truly matter. The others you can dominate with basically any capped player as long as you have competent enough Sp... so I’m not real good what WOH so a top rated doubles RHP and double RHP is a must for me. Atm I have 580 green. Need a 580 double LHP. Have a double LHP 560 but not enough to cap him from b1 even at 30%. I must be patient for a weekend offering at 50%. 😞
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    sucios08 said:
    Is there any advantage keeping a ATG 580 or a 580 legend ?  
    Agree no difference between legend or ATGs at same level (don’t have bxp guys like Hosmer in the equation this year). ATGs may go to 600 (my guess). Don’t take your keepers until 2019 is done if there is an early beta like last year. 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I'm sure they're reluctant to release a lot of ATGs that kill WOH because we'd carry them over and not buy as many boxes of the progressive players.